[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spaghetti and meatballs.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: meatballs.jpg (649KB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
meatballs.jpg
649KB, 5184x3456px
I'm planning on making spaghetti and meatballs tomorrow but I'm not sure what kind of a tomato sauce I should make.

Anyone here have some good tomato sauce recipes? Also what do you think about my meatball recipe?

Meatballs:
17% fat ground pork & beef
1 egg
milk soaked white bread
parmesan
fresh thyme
dried oregano
sautéd onion and garlic
salt&pepper
(everything is by feel)

Feel free to give contructive criticism.
>>
File: Bikcfk5IQAAXWvb[1].jpg (22KB, 483x483px) Image search: [Google]
Bikcfk5IQAAXWvb[1].jpg
22KB, 483x483px
>>8425617
>parmesan
>>
>>8425617
Use 80/20 and pork, breadcrumbs, pecorino romano or parmigiano reggiano and powder it instead of shredding, ditch the thyme, get fresh basil and oregano, and saute the onion and garlic in the oil from a can of anchovies. Break the anchovies down and fry them until they melt in the pot you're making the sauce in.
>>
>>8425617
>meatballs with spaghetti noodles

This meme needs to die. Spaghetti is completely impractical with anything other than alfredo and/or shredded chicken and/or eggs. Next time, getcha some rigatoni or penne and have a seat at the big boy table.
>>
>>8425617
My meatball recipe is similar but I leave out onion, and use fresh parsley instead of thyme and oregano, but yours will definitely be good. I think the milk soaked bread really helps make them tender.

For my sauce I use good quality whole canned tomatoes (I can my own) pureed, saute some onion and garlic, add some thyme and crushed red pepper flakes, a splash of drinkable wine, reduce and add the pureed tomatoes. Right before serving add fresh basil.
>>
>>8425617
Your recipe is almost the same, course how different can meatballs be. But regarding the pork, sweet or spicy? My family is picky so I usually have to make two batches and stick a toothpick in the spicy ones.
>>
>>8425778
>Big boy table

You mean Italian-American slop table.
>>
>>8425741
this is almost exactly what i'm doing tomorrow. almost identical. i'll post pics if the thread is still around.
>>
I love Marcella Hazan's tomato sauce. So easy and delicious!

1 28oz can chopped tomaters
5 tbsp unsalted butter
Onion, halved and peeled
Pinches of salt as desired

Put tomatoes in pan with the butter and the onion. Cook on medium (simmering) for 45 minutes. You can use an immersion blender to get a more consistent sauce, or crush with a spoon, or leave as-is.
>>
Just made OP's meatballs with
>>8426419 sauce, and I have to say it was delish'.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.