[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jamie Oliver put cranberry sauce in his gravy. Has anyone else

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: FkZBWe7najTBZl8t4jO8Qn.jpg (150KB, 767x1025px) Image search: [Google]
FkZBWe7najTBZl8t4jO8Qn.jpg
150KB, 767x1025px
Jamie Oliver put cranberry sauce in his gravy.

Has anyone else tried this? What was it like? I'm scared to try it.
>>
>>8424685
>I'm scared

Me too anon, me too
>>
>>8424685

I've never tried doing that with canned cranberry sauce, but I've added berries and preserves to gravy many times. It's a well known thing.

...but that said, personally I prefer to serve those condiments on the side. That way if a diner wants it they're free to use it but it's not automatically pre-mixed with the gravy.
>>
>>8424685
Fuck Jamie Oliver, he's a shitty cook compared to based Gordon...

This is the only Jamie Oliver vid worth watching:
https://youtu.be/TllPrdbZ-VI
>>
>>8424703

Ramsay calls for adding preserves to gravy in several of his cookbooks. It's a pretty common thing in British cooking.
>>
>>8424685
If Jamie Oliver jumped off a bridge would you?
>>
He always probably puts half a pint olive oil into it
>>
>>8424817
Would I what?
>>
File: Kekuit.png (851KB, 600x606px) Image search: [Google]
Kekuit.png
851KB, 600x606px
>>8424695
This... Jamie Oliver always knows what you want. Always.

It's kinda like Bobby Flay having a TV show where he challenges random people to competitive cook-offs...

godheads....
>>
>>8424685
I never tried it with cranberry because I got no fucking idea what a cranberry is. But I do something similar and honestly it tastes even better than regular sauce. It adds a light sweetness.
>>
>>8424858
I would gladly put cranberries in my gravy if I could be assured he would actually jump off a bridge, dunno about you
>>
I add dried Prunes to the Turkey and add blackcurrant gelé to the sauce. Always a hit with friends and family. I don't do stuffing though, just fill the cavity with whole vegetables and fruit.
>>
>>8424685
Well, I looked at the recipe, and it's a simple 1-2 teaspoons of redcurrant jam or cranberry sauce for the whole recipe. I'm going to assume it just adds sweetness. Sweet on savory foods is nothing new, but it's not going to be everyone's desire to mix it up. I dare say there are sweet liqueur used in recipes too, from calvados or port, to stuffings featuring raisins or prunes rolled in the meat. I love a orange preserve on mustard rubbed ham or pork roasts.
>>
i make a gravy for pork tenderloin with apricot jam. brings out the perfect sweetness imo
>>
>>8424817
I wish Jamie bloody olive oiler would jump off a bridge.
>>
>>8424685
Adding berries into gravy is pretty common in Northern European countries.
>>
>>8424685
I hate it when they put fruity stuff in gravy It fucking ruins it. You make gravy for it's savoury flavour not to turn it into a bastard acid sauce!!!
>>
>>8424685
Cranberry sauce is what he'll name his next child.
>>
I dunno, haven't tried it, you could just take a spoonful of your gravy and add mix it with a touch of cranberry sauce and see how you like it.

>>8424853
>>8424952

If I were him, I would be pretty upset with whoever cobbled together footage of him using olive oil and posted it on youtube to imply DUDE OLIVE OIL LMAO. Pretty much ruined his rep and was unfounded in the first place. He does not use a lot of olive oil. People just love to hate online.

In fact, it looks like he or his PR manager had the shit purged from youtube.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.