[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just moved out on my own (living with 2 roommates) for the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

I just moved out on my own (living with 2 roommates) for the first time and we''re all cooking seperately. I have a general understanding of how to cook some things but haven't done it in awhile and I have no idea what to get when grocery shopping.

I have some money saved up and a small income and I'm looking to spend $100 or less for a month. Can anyone help me buy food that will still taste good and be filling and last me a month on $100?
>>
Mother ducking eggs.
Scramble them
Fry them
Bake them
Boil them
Shove them in your rectum

https://youtu.be/YuVvWRc6IkM
>>
Potatoes + Kielbasa + Eggs
Wash and peel the potatoes, throw them in a frying pan with salt and pepper (garlic powder optional), after you toss them add sliced kielbasa, optionally crack an egg or two.
Add bell peppers if you want.
Plate with cheese on top.

Ta-da, breakfast scramble.
>>
>>8422654
>potatoes
>hot dogs
>eggs
Poor mans meal

>kigelis
>its the holidays so when theres a party take as many left overs as possible but more so on entrees
>>
I chop some onion, fry it till it is yellow, throw some leftover rice in the pan and add chopped tomatoes and beans as the rice turns dry. Usually if there's too much liquid and I'm impatient I add some bread slices to dry it up.

I tried adding a bunch of cheap shit just for the sake of it and have now arrived at this. I absolutely love it.
>>
Thanks guys. Looks like I'll grab some eggs and rice definitely. Any tips for buying meats and veggies for cheap? I don't think I could stand eggs being my only protein for a long time
>>
>>8423031
if you want meat head back to the meat counter of your grocery store. some thimes they will have meat that is about to "expire". It's not bad, some restaurants age steaks for months. you'll just have to learn how to tenderize it and cook it. this will require a little effort, but will be worth it. check for chicken and pork that may be on sale. most likely you will only have a day or two to eat those, so plan accordingly.
>>
File: image.jpg (118KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118KB, 600x449px
>>8422654

See this? These are thai curry pastes. Mix them with coconut milk, you got all kind of different curries.

Buy frozen vegetable mix. Buy frozen chicken pieces, thighs or even breasts in bulk.
Buy a big sack or jasmin rice.

Thats it. Thats all there is to it. One dollar a meal.
Literally ALL your nurtrient needs are met by this. And it tastes fucking great.

Dont like spicy food? Use less paste.
Bulking up? Add more chicken?
Feeling funky? Add a tablespoon of peanut butter. Or some lime leaves. Maybe a bit of potato in your masaman curry, maybe some glass noodles for your panang. Maybe some sesame oil for finishing..?
>>
>>8423031
learn to braise cheaper cuts of meat
>>
>>8423067

Also for cooking rice, use 2 cups rice (washed), 3 cups water. Salt. Boil, done. Literally foolproof.
>>
>>8423067
this is pro I'm a rich adult and I stille at these all the time

it's so cheap and easy you just need one pan and a rice cooker makes hardly any dishes

just put the rice on, then in a frying pan cook the meat, then add some cocunt milk and the frozen vegetables and some paste, and then I just chuck in the rice but you can leav it separte
>>
>>8423085

Im the poster, also rich adult. I never understood when poor people compained about groceries and cooking being expensive.. They need to learn about rice cookers and panang!
>>
>>8423114
>I never understood when poor people compained about groceries and cooking being expensive
because poor people think that SNAP is supposed to pay for all of their food, I guess they don't know what the word "supplemental" means
>>
>>8423031
Frozen vegetables and canned tomatoes. Also try looking for fresh vegetables that are in season, those are usually pretty cheap.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.