[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't people invent new foods anymore?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

Why don't people invent new foods anymore?
>>
>>8421384

Because you'd literally have to invent a new animal or vegetable in order to create something completely new.
>>
File: Flame.gif (24KB, 248x186px) Image search: [Google]
Flame.gif
24KB, 248x186px
>>8421384
>>8421392
What's the most recently invented popular mixed drink?
>>
>>8421392
Nah I don't buy that. People just have to be more creative.The ingredients for Pizza were around forever and it was only invented because some Queen wanted a dish with no meat because she was a vegetarian.
>>
>>8421415
I invented a sandwich but you use raw potatoes instead of slices of bread. Creativity at it's finest.
>>
File: McD-McChicken.jpg (2MB, 2800x1620px) Image search: [Google]
McD-McChicken.jpg
2MB, 2800x1620px
>>8421384
The perfect food has already been invented. There's no point in new dishes any more.
>>
why don't you?
>>
File: gallery-1466625188-1200x-1[1].jpg (94KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
gallery-1466625188-1200x-1[1].jpg
94KB, 768x768px
>>8421384
New foods are being invented everyday over at the BK headquarters.
>>
>>8421384
There are enough existing foods already
The flyovers aren't interested in it unless it comes in a box from Piggly Wiggly
>>
>>8422677
WOW!!! THAT REALLY DOES LOOK VERY VERY GOOD!!! DID I SAY IT LOOKS GOOD!!! HUMMMMMMMMMMMMM!! YA IT LOOKS GOOD, I BET IT WAS TOO!! GOOD TO THE VERY LAST CHEW!! TO THE VERY VERY LAST SPECK OF IT!!!! EVEN BETWEEN YOUR TEETH!!! OH YEAH NOW YOU CAN TASTE THE SANDWICH ALL OVER AGAIN!!!! YUM!!! AS I SET HERE LOOKING AT YOUR'S AND SWALLOWING SO HARD JUST THINKING ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO ENJOY!!! I JUST ABOUT CAN TASTE IT MYSELF!!!!!! OH MY GOODNESS!!! SO SO TASTY!!! AND SMELLS SO YUMMY!!!! LOVE YOU BYE!!! WE WILL SEE YOU AT THE FOLKS!! I DON'T NEED A RIDE!!! I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO SMELL THIS SANDWICH ALL THE WAY OUT THERE!!! LOVE YOU !!! :)
>>
>>8423479
wow. where is the world in carmen san diego do I get these in Canada? I gotta make this caloric disaster
>>
>>8422677
That's just an uncooked baked potato
>>
>>8423528
Are you ok?
>>
>>8423541
don't respond to caps guy. ever
>>
I'm going to invent some new foods. Already got one in the works.
>>
>>8423479
>>8423541
I think your remark was very rude Anonymous. New to this, and I'm 75 yrs. old. My daughter bought me an I-pad for a Christmas present, I'm learn how to do a lot of new things.
>>
File: mpwwhiteheat.jpg (84KB, 687x414px) Image search: [Google]
mpwwhiteheat.jpg
84KB, 687x414px
>>8421384
“We live in a world of refinement, not invention."
- Marco Pierre White
>>
>>8423519
Variety is the spice of life fag
>>
>>8421392
fermentation is a good step for finding some new flavors
>>
>>8423479
Those things were so disgusting and gave me horrible heartburn, but I just could stop eating them. Makes me wonder what addicting stuff they put in them
>>
>>8421384
In this time of plenty there's no need to get creative with limited supplies.
>>
>>8421384
>Why don't people invent new foods anymore?

Do you mean what you said, or do you mean 'create new dishes'? There are still plenty of people creating new dishes, but inventing a new food at this point would basically require inventing a novel preparation process that alters an existing ingredient. The last one of those that I'm aware of was probably producing hot gels with methyl cellulose, as that produces a very different mouthfeel for the dish, but even that's more of a new dish than a new food.
>>
>>8424610
I guess New dishes, but none come to mind that have been totally different and caught on.
>>
>>8424526
>Cheese
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.