[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I put lots of salt on my rice. Like, A LOT. Is there a specific

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1483238673985-385271883.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
1483238673985-385271883.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
I put lots of salt on my rice.

Like, A LOT.

Is there a specific word for this, I surely can't be the only one that covers white rice with salt...
>>
use soy sauce you utter muppet
>>
The other cultures do this too, with soy sauce

Soy sauce just has that 'savory' flavor in there because poor ass countries can't raise cattle
>>
>>8420837

>Is there a specific word for this.

Yes, autism is the word you're looking for.
>>
>>8420837
It's called "having your tastebuds ruined by overly salty fast food"
>>
>>8420837
i think the word you are looking for is "hypertension"
>>
>>8420837
how much is A LOT?

I usually add three large pinches for each cup of rice, i don't think that is too much with the 1 1/2 cups of water that go with each cup of rice.
>>
>>8420877
Chinese, Korean, and Japanese people definitely do not slather white rice with soy sauce.
>>
>>8420837

Do you do it because you can't taste anything?

I know some asian diabetics do this in older age as they lose their ability to taste and resort to sprinkling salt on things such as their daily rice.
>>
>>8420875

I did, in the stir fry...

>>8420877

I enjoy salt more than soy sauce

>>8420887

I made this it isn't fast food

>>8421493

I cover the entire portion with a noticeable amount of salt usually. I put salt on almost everything that isn't sweet.

>>8421500

I can taste plenty, rice doesn't have much flavor to begin with and salt brings out what little flavor there actually is...to me
>>
>>8421574
Get better rice like Jasmine rice. As a chink, I'm horrified of the "rice" that americans eat on a daily basis. A nice Jasmine rice is incredibly fragrant and carries itself when done well. Golden Pheonix is the brand I usually get.
>>
>>8421574
>I made this it isn't fast food
You don't understand. You ruined your tastebuds with fast food over time, so now you need to put a lot of salt on subtle-flavored foods to enjoy tiem.
>>
File: 1446917102103.png (129KB, 314x278px) Image search: [Google]
1446917102103.png
129KB, 314x278px
Do people actually eat unsalted rice? Am I a pleb for typically salting my rice to about 1% salinity?
>>
>>8421621

>salted rice
>>
>>8421594

>im a chink

You eat plastic rice though
>>
>>8423482
>>
Umami
>>
>>8423482
I live in Canuckstan and eat Thai rice. Don't trust that shady as fuck chinese rice.
>>
>>8421621
I use rice mainly as a side dish to complement the main dish. I like to have a flavorful/salty main dish and balance it out with some plain rice. There are times where I would tinker around with the rice, but that's usually only when the main dish includes the rice itself.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.