[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carne gie_Deli >The main b

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Carnegie_deli_exterior.jpg (153KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Carnegie_deli_exterior.jpg
153KB, 640x480px
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnegie_Deli

>The main branch is set to close on December 31, 2016, due to Levine's (the current owner) personal need to take a break from operating the restaurant.

>On September 30, 2016, it was announced that the Midtown Manhattan branch of the deli would close by the end of the year. The owner, Marian Harper Levine, stated that she needed a more permanent break from operating the restaurant, saying, "At this stage of my life, the early morning to late night days have taken a toll, along with my sleepless nights and grueling hours that come with operating a restaurant business in Manhattan."

>In 2013, Zagat gave it a food rating of 23, and rated it the 8th-best deli in New York City.

>USA Today has called the restaurant the "most famous" deli in the United States

Then why not just hand off the reins to someone else to run the place? Why on Earth close such a famous food landmark which still gets tons of customers?
>>
nobody gives a shit and neither should you
>>
>>8420307
Go back to your Taco Bell, faggot
>>
>>8420305
Kikes
>>
File: 1418272030111.png (120KB, 419x263px) Image search: [Google]
1418272030111.png
120KB, 419x263px
>>8420305
u either die a hero
or live long enough to become a villain
>>
>>8420322
True.

I'd rather take my joint with me than watch it crumble and turn to shit under new owners.
>>
>>8420305
Just one more example of the lifeblood of 'murrica, the small, unique food purveyors being washed out by attrition and subsumed by megacorp pablum. I'm sure a subway or starbucks will take over the space, praise be to our corporate gods. And people actually try to defend the criticism against the plasticization and lockstep corporate conformity that 'murrica has become.
>>
>>8420314
This basically.
>>
I was watching a news report about this the other day and they had a quote from the Katz owners who were saying that they could work their asses off 24/7 for the rest of their lives and all the cumulative money they made wouldn't come close to what they would make if they sold the property today to any of the many real estate offers they constantly get from people who want to turn the space into condos.

Those places are literally labors of love at this point.
>>
>>8420314
Go back to /pol/ you insufferable faggot.
>>
>>8420359
Newfag
>>
>>8420371
>Newfag who arrived on /pol/ no more than 18-24 months ago and thinks 4chan is the Internet Hate Machine calls somebody a newfag

Bring back Snacks.
>>
>>8420377
Confirmed newfag
>>
>>8420383
I've been here all summer.
>>
>>8420347
>Those places are literally labors of love at this point.
or a way to make more than they'd get by renting it and real estate speculation.
>>
>>8420305
Money laundering.
>>
live in new york, went there one time, never went back
there's a reason for that

you are crammed not even elbow to elbow but shoulder to shoulder with strangers at communal tables which are really just 4 tops sloppily pushed together. Service blows, food stinks, over priced even for NY standards.
You may as well go to any regular deli and get a boars head sandwich

they charged me $5 for sauerkraut on my sandwich
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.