[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Beans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 9

File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Who knows how to turn beans into damn near the tastiest thing you can eat?

I do. Apologies in advance for the tilted pics.
>>
>>7565224

>cups of oil to cook sausage
>didn't even sear the sausage

0/10
>>
for a second i thought you said 'bears' and thought my mouse must have shat itself and i accidentally clicked on /out/ and arrived at a wild-ass thread

that said, are the beans hiding? is it gigande beans or something and they're hiding in plain sight by being huge
>>
>>7565224
The fuck is going on in that pan?
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
You'll need:

1 lb beans, soaked overnight
1 medium Onion
1 green pepper
1/2 lb sausage
2 large ham hocks
Chicken base

Seasonings follow
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>7565264
Here's your seasonings
>>
File: image.jpg (1006KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1006KB, 3264x2448px
Fry up some seasoning pork with a bit of seasoning to get some grease to sauté your onion pepper and parsley.
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>7565271
Once peppers are soft, add creole seasoning, Italian seasoning, and cayenne.

Add 1/2 tablespoon of chicken base and 1.5L boiling water.
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>7565292
Add ham hocks.
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>7565297
Let pot roil at med high heat for ~10 min

Add beans and float a whole jalapeño on top.

Cook at low-med heat for 3 hrs.

Let beans cool until you can handle the hocks with your hand. Separate bones from ham meat.

Heat again at low-med heat for three hrs.
>>
>>7565271
>>7565292
>ham hocks and chicken base
You must really like salt.
>>
>>7565271
>seasoning pork
whats dis?
>>
>>7565308

neat
>>
>>7565450
It's cured like bacon, salty and more fatty. I wanted the pork grease to sauté my base veggies.
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>7565308
Separate your ham from the bones. Enjoy your beans over rice.
>>
>>7566396

>beans
>not a bean to be seen in the whole soupy product
>>
>>7566416
They got really soft. When I soaked the beans, they cracked open. Beans turned out very creamy
>>
>>7565224
OP, fuck the haters in this thread. I too love bean dishes, especially ones with pork in them. Rice and beans is one of those foods that you could have every day and not get tired of them.
>>
That actually looks like my poop after eating Indian food
>>
File: beans.jpg (5KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
beans.jpg
5KB, 275x183px
Do you have black beans where you live? They are pretty good. If you have a pressure cooker, that helps too, it cooks in like 30min and you don't even need to let it resting overnight.

You can use the pig "skin" that comes near the bacon, just put some of those and let it cook in the pressure with the beans. After the beans are soft enough, take some of the beans from the pot, smash them with a fork or something and mix them with frying garlic/onions, then put them back with the rest of the beans to thicken the liquid. Put a Laurel leaf inside the cooker too, it leaves a nice taste.

Trust me, I'm a Brazilian beaner.
>>
>>7565224
I;m thinking about thos beans
>>
>>7566541
You have never eaten Indian food you millennial, flyover fuck.
>>
>>7565224
poorfag reporting in. I eat like 2 lbs of beans a week. Your OP pic is spot on, red beans and rice. Just make sure you use andouille and fresh ingredients you can't beat it when it comes to cheap and tasty food. The color/thickness of your beans and rice is fucked tho. Needs more cayenne and maybe some flour to thicken. You can also mash some of the beans when almost done cooking and let them thicken it up.

also this as a side for pintos:
http://www.tasteofsouthern.com/ms-sallys-southern-pinto-beans-recipe/
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.