[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wanna start hunting for mushrooms. You guys know where I could begin?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: download.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
Wanna start hunting for mushrooms. You guys know where I could begin?
>>
Have you tried your bathtub?

But seriously OP be careful.
>>
File: 1431205850872.jpg (28KB, 330x270px) Image search: [Google]
1431205850872.jpg
28KB, 330x270px
>>7563209
get a dog or pig that is trained in truffle sniffing; go to your local forest that has oak tree's ; you will probably make around 50 grand if the forest hasn't been harvested before; it's like a metal detector though; can win big or just get shit on... It's really fun to steal other peoples truffles though.
>>
>>7563220
how do truffle farmers protect their crops desu, they are more valuable than most illegal drugs. do they have armed guards around their farms or what?
>>
File: mushroom.jpg (68KB, 694x383px) Image search: [Google]
mushroom.jpg
68KB, 694x383px
These things are rare, but they are delicious If you get your hands on them. anything with red or orange on the top is a good bet.
>>
>>7563230

well if you know anything about being white you know when your way out in the middle of nowhere with NO ONE in screaming distance in a vast forest well... They say they carry guns for wild animals. But i've heard stories of people being robbed or killed for the truffle bags. when your walking around with 10-30k in your pockets by yourself in the forest....things i hear get real violent in british coloumbia, the forest fires have the desired after effect of creating more mushroom colonies.
>>
>>7563291
Mushroom warfare is upon us.

I managed to innoculate several oaks on my deck in north eastern VA and am producing truffles now; not at a profitable rate but I get them for free. Only took like 4 years.
>>
>>7563209
Start with the emergency room, since that's where you'll end up.
>>
>>7563209
Kek
You gon die nigga
>>
Depends where you live. I live in the pacific northwest so I can go innawoods with friends and leave with tens of pounds of chanterelles within a few hours work. There are some people with their own spots that are very protective, some of them are weird homeless/country folk so you shouldn't go alone. I mean you shouldn't go trekking into the woods on your own in the first place but take extra caution if you're going shrooming.

Also good luck getting anyone to tell you their shrooming grounds that aren't already picked clean by amateurs.
>>
fuck if yall aren't trolling this is how I'm checking out when I get cancer. Going fuckin truffle hunting. Maybe I'll make some extra bucks for my family; or maybe I'll get sliced and diced, jokes on them though I'll just bleed over everything I picked when they kill me.
>>
Oh shit I thought this was just an autistic food hobby not an autistic violent food hobby
>>
>>7563209
Don't pick another mans shit fungus ass hole.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160328-112805~2.jpg (221KB, 1080x1676px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160328-112805~2.jpg
221KB, 1080x1676px
Is this the beginning of the /pol/ mushroom hunter's career?
>>
>>7563230
>truffle farmers
There are literally no commercial truffle farmers even in the US.

I think there's only 2 or 3 in the world even and one of them only manufactors magic truffles.

The odds a red neck would even know what a truffle is, is mind bending
>>
>>7564071
Truffles can't be farmed with outbgrowing an entire new tree for each truffle. The spore has to be attached to the seed for it to take root.
>>
>>7564096
They have a truffle farm in the Netherlands desu. I went there right when magic mushrooms became illegal there
>>
>>7563341
picture with timestamp?

wich one? melanosporum estivum?
>>
http://www.thegreatmorel.com/
Morel mushroom hunting is where you want to start. Here's a site from Internet 1.0 era. Will have actual information... almost like what the internet was intended for.
>>
>>7563209
The grocery store.You might be able to sneak up on a sale.
>>
>>7563350
>>7563399
Fuck off

Been eating wild mushrooms for a quarter century, never got sick from them because I'm not a retard
>>
>>7564947
Also OP, start with boletes and chanterelles as well. And stay away from amanita until you're no longer a rookie.
>>
>>7564947
Thanks anon

I miss these kind of sites
>>
>>7563264
They actually are delicious though. The toxic dose is something very high like 20 caps.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.