[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this expired food safe to eat?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 149.jpg (28KB, 494x251px) Image search: [Google]
149.jpg
28KB, 494x251px
I bought a 1/2 baggie of "yogurt" covered raisins from a local health food store on super duper discount because they were expired. The sell by date sticker says October 2015, but they were purchased as a bulk item in a baggie so I don't know when the actual expiration date of the batch was.

Now that I brought them home I'm feeling more timid. Are these safe to eat? How would I know if they've gone bad (hopefully a noticeable smell)?
>>
You eat it and wait to see if you'll have the shits
>>
>>7561962
There's enough wax on them. Should be safe baby doll.
>>
Smell them. When in doubt, throw it out. I would eat them, myself
>>
>>7561962
Shit like that isn't going to make you sick. They'll just taste bad. I mean unless you have stomach problems.

From what I understand expiration dates are set well below when the food goes COMPLETELY sour as a precaution. I read somewhere that with milk you can usually drink it like a week after the expiration. But like I said, it probably depends on the person and how healthy you are. For example I wouldn't feed expired shit to my dad as his immune system is shit after several major surgeries and if he does get sick, it could be really bad.
>>
File: yogurt.jpg (856KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
yogurt.jpg
856KB, 1500x1000px
>>7561967
I want to avoid exactly that, but also want to not waste food.

>>7561977
That was my thinking too - the "yogurt" coating is basically sugar, vegetable fat, and some kind of waxy emulsifier and that's why I reasoned with buying the expired cheap ass raisins in the first place.

>>7561981
I haven't even smelled them yet and I am doubting, that's why I made the thread.

For your troubles, I offer you some high res yogurt raisins.
>>
>>7561977
yeah it's practically all fat & sugar

i guess they could be rancid
>>
>>7561962
They can and will go bad anon, if they have they'll usually have mold growing on them. I can't guarantee that they will taste good (the ones that you bought) but as long as they are not getting fuzzy you should be fine
>>
>>7562005
They look perfect and I can smell the sweetness from the bag when I put my nose right near it.

Alright guys this was looking like a good decision after all.
>>
>>7561962
Sell by date and expiration date are not the same, op. Sell by is guidance for the seller, try em out.
>>
>>7562020
The nose knows.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.