[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this shit going to kill me? What is the least cancer-inducing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: ramen-noodles.jpg (399KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ramen-noodles.jpg
399KB, 1600x1200px
Is this shit going to kill me?
What is the least cancer-inducing variant?
>>
>>7561256
It's just dried cooked noodles. Probably 100% flour. Just eat it. If you're concerned about healthy eating, skip the flavor packet (just salt in there anyway) and crack an egg over your pot.
>>
>>7561256
The salt packet is what will kill you
>>
>>7561263
>Probably 100% flour
the noodles are deep fried, champ.
>>
>>7561484
and the palm oil.
>>
>>7561490
The noodles are completely dry. Are you sure that's how oil works?
>>
File: ingredients.9.full.jpg (486KB, 1112x832px) Image search: [Google]
ingredients.9.full.jpg
486KB, 1112x832px
>>7561857
>The noodles are completely dry
Nobody said anything about water, anon.

>Are you sure that's how oil works?
I certainly know how instant ramen is made. In fact the deep frying step was a major leap forward in processed food production. You can also read the ingredients list and see oil on there.
>>
>>7561878
Could you tell me how you uncovered this information, did you see a video or anything? Or did you deduce they use this process due to oil being listed as an ingredient?
>>
>>7561256
Make your own broth and buy some fresh ramen noodles. Don't eat that fifty cent garbage, it's fried and waxed and the "flavor packet" is enough salt to preserve a piece of fucking meat.
>>
>>7561886
>did you see a video or anything?

Yep. Not only that, I've read about it in books, too.
>>
>>7561256
Yes. You will die. It's incredible that they are even allowed to stock the shelves with these packets of death. I think I've gotten a little bit of cancer by just looking at the packet.
>>
>>7561891
Interesting, care to link the video if you can find it, or reference which book you´ve read?
>>
>>7561897
Book is in "On Food and Cooking" by McGee.

Videos? Sure:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqseyLw2Flg

I'm also pretty sure that one of the "Begin Japanology" videos is about instant ramen, but the only ones I can find right now appear to be about the normal kind.
>>
>>7561256
only if you eat it every day for a year

the shit in it doesn't help anything but no once in a while is fine
>>
>>7561484
>The salt packet is what will kill you
This.

If you want something healthier, you can buy basically plain pasta 25-50c a pound if you shop sales or warehouses. Add your own seasoning. You can make a basic pan sauce from butter/oil, toasted breadcrumbs, dried tomatoes, dried herbs, flour+milk, cream, pesto, mushrooms, onions, garlic....cheese. Whatever you want. You can even pour in soy sauce, or stock granules. No reason to buy oil-coated noodles, honestly. They help you keep them separate when boiling, but you could alternately stir them. Nothing preventing you from returning them to the pan and frying them if you need that.

Makoto makes a great alternate to any stir fry sauce, ginger-soy-just add a bit of lemon or cilantro, done!
>>
File: 1400463034512.jpg (44KB, 409x393px) Image search: [Google]
1400463034512.jpg
44KB, 409x393px
>>7561256
DOn't use the soup mix pack in the
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.