[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

weeaboo coffee = V60

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_20160410_202455.jpg (324KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160410_202455.jpg
324KB, 1280x720px
I'm on vacation on Japan at the moment. ALL non-chain coffee shops are using the v60 drip method.

Went to a popular cafe earlier that had something like 10 v60s set up and 3 guys working them.

Just fyi for the curious
>>
>>7557320
Cool FUCKING story bro
>>
Do they serve strong coffee or that american coffee tea?
I would buy one of these but they are too expensive in my country.
>>
File: coffee_filter[1].jpg (24KB, 484x353px) Image search: [Google]
coffee_filter[1].jpg
24KB, 484x353px
I don't understand how these are any different than an old fashioned drip coffee with the paper filters.
>>
>>7558192
besides better water temperature control I don't know.
>>
File: 0472_comedy_1-524b7f565bd43.jpg (117KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
0472_comedy_1-524b7f565bd43.jpg
117KB, 1000x562px
Fuck off, Jordan.
>>
Good to know, I'll bring one to my next anime club meeting.
>>
>>7558192
Not sure either but when I asked a co-worker, he said it had to do with the steeping time of the granules.
>>
>>7558192
BPA free
>>
>>7558192

TL:DR it makes a better coffee but you have to operate it manually.

Honestly you just have better control of the temperature and the fact that you do a sort of pree brew by letting the coffee grounds steep in water makes a far superior coffee than with a "classic" one. A chemex brewer is more or less the same as the V60
The big drawback is that you have to make it yourself which sometimes sucks if you are in a hurry.
>>
They're doing that in Boston, too. Let me tell how much fucking sense it makes for a food truck to be doing pour over coffees at 8:30 in the morning in front of South Station:

It's fucking retarded, you get EXACTLY the same cup of coffee from a standard electric drip maker for 1000th the work, we solved this problem like 100 years ago but hipster assholes have managed to fuck what progress suposedly unfucked.

>inb4 muh pour is serperier
>it's not
>$25 electric drip machine is just as good
>keep it clean and turn off the warmer
>>
>>7559026
No $25 drip machine is nearly as good. They don't have the required temperature stability or shower pattern. There ARE drip machines that beat it every time though, like Fetco and Bunn's higher end offerings. And relatively inexpensive home machines like the Bonavita drip brewers ($100ish) come close.
>>
>>7559073
The typical v60 by itself is going for about $4 USD
>>
>>7559073

horse pucky.

every machine has the exact same drip pattern and heat control every single time, far better than any human, all you've got to do is pick the grind and coffee bean that works best, and no retail food slave is going to be anywhere near as good at a pour over they barely understand the thoery behind.

get a Coffeemate from the thrift store and have your roomie do a double blind test for you, you'll see the truth.
coffee is like wine and audio cables, over about $10 and the difference is all in your head
>>
File: 4ch_err2.png (16KB, 831x306px) Image search: [Google]
4ch_err2.png
16KB, 831x306px
>>7559493
>far better than any human
>>
>>7559493
Cheap machines are all over the place for temperature, only soak a few square inches of grounds leaving many spots nearly dry, and almost never get hot enough in the first place. It's really pretty bad.

Now the SCAA approved machines might be tough to tell apart. And Fetco consistently beats v60 in blind tests. But Fetco machines brew way too much at once to be useful at home.
>>
>>7559026
>keep it clean
this alone makes a cheap drip machine as much work as a v60
>>
File: myfish.jpg (233KB, 1438x1079px) Image search: [Google]
myfish.jpg
233KB, 1438x1079px
Why would /ck/ care what occurs in trendy tourist traps instead of the actual nation?

t. ethnically-pure aryan yayoi
>>
File: IMG_20160402_120638-1.jpg (290KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160402_120638-1.jpg
290KB, 800x600px
who /iced pour over/ here?

Had an absolutely amazing one in taiwan last week. I typically just brew in my v60 over ice and adjust water ratio accordingly but I saw them using some tall contraption at this cafe. Wish I took a photo of it, anyone know of other ways to do iced pour overs?
>>
>>7560526
>t. ethnically-pure aryan yayoi
I have a humanities MA and 5 years experience as a professional barista, I'm also WASP. Would I be welcome in Nippon?
>>
>>7560526

Can taste the rancid bitterness of that 'tea' from here anon.
>>
>>7561440
Yes.

>>7561474
Jokes on you, that was one of the last steeps I did. Coffeepleb.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.