[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's something creative I can do with canned lentils that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: Westbraelentils.jpg (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Westbraelentils.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
What's something creative I can do with canned lentils that isn't just eating them?

Hard mode: I fucking hate lentils
>>
>>7224958
Hit your head with the can until you're not retarded any more
>>
>>7224963
What, for not liking lentils? Fuck yourself.
>>
>>7224967
Getting told to
>Fuck yourself.
by a retard is just extra special
>>
>>7224967
What the fuck do you expect? You're asking what to do with food besides eating it?
>>
>>7224985
By which I mean just opening the fucking can and eating them

I'm sure somebody's got a favorite way of using them.
>>
>>7224958
Fill a condom with them and throw it at a police car.
>>
Lebanese rice and lentils with caramelized onions is my favorite.

>Cook lentils in chicken broth with chunks of garlic, lots of cumin, some corriander, cayenne pepper, cinammon or a cinnamon stick, and a dash of lemon juice.
>Cook rice as normal
>Carmelize onions. If you have cumin seeds you can toast some before putting the onions on the skillet

>Take half of caramelized onions out of skillet.
>Mix rice, rest of onions, and lentils until heated through.

>Serve in bowl or as side dish. Top with a generous dollup of plain yogurt, some caramalized onions, and cilantro.

Easy, healthy, tasty.
>>
>>7224958
Who the fuck buys canned lentils? They take no time to cook. I can understand cannelini or chickpeas or something, but fucking lentils? Why?
>>
>>7225023
Not him, but I live at 6,000 ft altitude, and raw lentils take twice as long to cook unless you have a pressure cooker.

I still buy the dry ones though, so much cheaper. Just gotta plan ahead.
>>
>>7224990
But if you hate them there's nothing you can do with them that involves eating them. Nothing you'd like, anyway.
>>
>>7225047
>I live at 6,000 ft altitude
Are you a cloud?
>>
>>7225047
Bullshit. I'm at 5500 and regularly cook at 10k+. Sure it can be longer up there, but at 6k, no, not double.
>>
>>7225018
Thank you.

>>7225063
That's why I'm asking. For suggestions for tasty ways to prepare lentils. As food. Not for throwing at police cars.

Y'all are retarded except for >>7225018
>>
>>7225113
>Y'all are retarded
Says the guy that can't type "lentil recipes" into the google.
>>
>>7225094
Well I used to live on sea level (maybe 80 ft above at the most) and lentils took about 20-25 mins to fully cook.

The last 2 times I've cooked them at the altitude I moved to, they took a little over 40-45 mins to cook.

Beans are a nightmare, even when soaked. I had some kidney beans for soup and they took over 4 hours (even though I soaked them) to get soft.
>>
>>7225113
Lentil soup. Lentils, onions, carrots, potato, spices. Cheap, tasty.
>>
I wanted to make split pea soup with the ham bone I had leftover from Christmas dinner but the store had no split peas. So, I substituted lentils instead. Made the soup in a slow cooker, came out really good.
>>
>>7225338
>kidney beans for soup and they took over 4 hours (even though I soaked them)
What the fuck? Soaked beans cook in a little over an hour here
>>
>canned lentils

WHY
>>
>>7225375
I really don't know. I knew about altitude's effects on boiling point and baking. Didn't know it would effect starches that much.

Even rice. White rice used to take me about 12 mins at most. Now it is closer to 20.
>>
fakes is a nice vinegary greek lentil soup
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.