[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I love making ridiculous/experimental burgers, what you guys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: 1230252023.jpg (271KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1230252023.jpg
271KB, 1024x768px
I love making ridiculous/experimental burgers, what you guys think:

Red Pepper Brioche Bun, Ground NY Strip, Poblano, Portobello, PepperJack, Dill Mayo/Mustard
>>
>>7223385
>more mushroom than beef
would eat anyway
>>
>>7223385
Hard to judge the size on that thing, but it looks too tall to take a bite out of. Actual description of what's in it sounds goog enough though. Personally I probably would never bother making that, but to each their own.
>>
File: brilliant.jpg (45KB, 700x524px) Image search: [Google]
brilliant.jpg
45KB, 700x524px
i approve of your efforts and would like to see more.

Also, trip reports.
>>
>>7223385
If the size of tomato is the size of bun/patty, I'll just get several Mcdoubles for a fraction of the price.
>>
normie shits will say this is 'le ebin' because they can't cook but I can tell you that texture-wise it's a mess, and burgers are largely exercises in texture.

the size of the tomato slice and portobello in addition to their relative inflexibility will cause the person who eats the burger to smash the bun down to fit it into a bite, causing the sauce to be squeezed to the outside of the burger, which, in addition to the tomato releasing water, will cause the bun to become soggy and break down. this is not ideal because of the thickness of the mushroom, which will create even larger clashes of texture when the person is eating a soggy bun + the bite of the mushroom + the crisp of the onion/pepper.

A real mess.
>>
>>7223385
chop or process the tomato and mushroom together, and use it as a sauce. it probably tastes amazing but it look too big to comfortably eat.
>>
>>7223455
OP here, your analysis is pretty spot on as far as texture. I used only a tiny bit of yeast to make the bun more dense to compensate....

what's your goto burger recipe?
>>
>>7223458
i like this idea
>>
>>7223463
I usually make some homemade cheese slices with english cheddar + sodium citrate the day/night before and let them chill into slices overnight. I get some sort of fatty shoulder cut from the butcher and have them grind it, and then a couple of nice tomatoes. The tomatoes are actually where I'm more willing to blow extra money as the acidity of a nice tomato is very important in cutting the richness of the beef/cheese. Lettuce is generally iceberg or iceberg + butter lettuce. Nothing else has the crisp, and you aren't making something where the vegetables are the point. Burgers aren't a ratatouille or a salad, people need to stop using spinach, arugula and other dumb crap. I'll take a little butter in a pan, two cloves of garlic, and half of a sliced white onion, unwrap the cloves, throw them in a pan with some oil and take them out when they get golden brown, and then add the onion with the butter, not a lot, just a little knob. I'll make some slices of tomato and throw them in a bowl with some pepper, salt, a bit of olive oil, and a bit of balsamic vinegar, maybe a tablespoon of both the oil & vinegar, toss, and let them sit after the onion has gone translucent/golden and the beef is about to be cooked. Cook the patties on one side, flip, and toss a few slices of the cheese on top. I'll put a foil lid over that and then put a little water under it so that the cheese steams onto the patties. From there you've got a smallish window for how long they can sit so you've got to be fast. Usually then I'll take an egg bun, sometimes put a little mayo on the bottom and then 2-3 slices of pickles, the patty + cheese, the tomatoes, the onion, the lettuce, and then on the top bun some mustard I've added a little turmeric powder to, which I generally don't spread out but rather put a little spoonful on the center so when you press down the bun it spreads.

There are some things I do differently now & then but that's the general idea.
>>
>>7223385
ground ny strip? youre a god damned idiot
>>
>>7223556
>ground ny strip? youre a god damned idiot
why?
>>
>>7223489
Use your enter key occasionally, it'll really help the readability of the mess of a post you made
>>
>>7223570
deal with it
>>
>>7223573
You see I didn't, which is my point

It's such a mess that I completely ignored your post
>>
>>7223577
no one cares
>>
>>7223588
exactly
>>
>>7223385
Looks good except for that the mushroom and tomato slice is too big for the got dam burger.

Also I would use a brioche bun instead, they are much nicer. Personally wouldn't add mayonaise as it doesn't really contribute anything but hey;
>>
>>7223588

He's right. Tldr cause you type like a faggot.
>>
>>7223489
Might try this out, thanks
>>
I don't like burgers that fall apart from it's sheer size.
>>
>>7224679
Yeah cheers, wrote it a bit hungover so there's one sentence that doesn't make sense.

To clarify for the lovely autists here:
>make some homemade cheese slices with english cheddar + sodium citrate the day/night before and let them chill into slices overnight
>get some sort of fatty shoulder cut from the butcher and have them grind it, form into patties before cooking
>get some nice tomatoes, spend extra for really good ones, it's worth it because the cheap ones don't have the quality of flavor or the acidity of nicer ones
>for lettuce, use iceberg or iceberg & butter lettuce, since burgers are mostly about texture, using something like arugula or spinach is bad because they don't have the proper texture. same with romaine. with a dish that's more vegetable based there's some leeway (like a salad, ratatouille) but not with a burger
>cut a white onion in half and then slice it, and then take two peeled cloves of garlic, put a little oil in a pan and cook the cloves until they're golden brown, and then remove them from the pan at that point
>then add the sliced onion with a knob of butter, cook until it's translucent/golden
>when the onion finishes, slice the tomatoes to around 1/8th inch thickness, toss them in a bowl with some salt, pepper, and about a tablespoon of olive oil, and a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar. Cover the bowl of tomatoes with foil, etc.
>at this point the onions should be aside, out of the pan, and the patties are ready to cook.
>before you cook the patties you can deglaze the pan with a little beer if you like, this is optional (don't use a lot, you just want to lift the fond so some of it sticks to the patty, think maybe an 1/8th of a cup or less)
>cook the patties on one side, flip, and then put the cheese slices on top, usually I do 2 per patty. make a dome out of foil that covers the inside of the pan but not the outside, and then add some water, again, just a small amount

(cont...)
>>
>>7224880
>the water should turn to steam quickly under the foil dome, which will then trap the steam, causing the cheese to melt, this should take maybe 15-30 seconds or so
>after this has happened you have a small window to assemble the burger and eat it before it goes down in quality as the cheese being hot + melted is one of the more important aspects of the dish
>this brings us to assembly
>I like to use an egg bun over store bought buns mostly because it's very easy to make and also has the right texture, and works well with a burger recipe, if you can't go with the best quality buns you can find, this will probably be some kind of brioche bun if you go store-bought
>with all the ingredients now prepared, assembly is generally as follows, starting with the bottom bun and building up
>a little mayo to coat the bottom bun (optional)
>2-3 slices of decent pickles, these can be made rather thick, the pickles ought to be of good quality as well, if they won't be crunchy, or if they have too much brine in them and will be overly watery, don't bother
>next is the patty with the cheese on top
>next is the tomatoes, and then the onions
>lettuce after that
>before the top bun goes on I'll add some turmeric powder to the mustard I'm using, maybe a teaspoon or two, stir, and then add it in a small dollop or spoonful into the center of the top bun rather than spreading it, so that when you eat it the mustard will spread across the bun rather than down the sides

That's the general idea. Hopefully no one will find this confusing.
>>
>>7224902
>>7224880

make this burger
>>
>>7223385
Sounds pretty amazing but by the picture I'd say the meat to everything else ratio is fucked

Would still eat that for sure
>>
>>7223489

Stupid burger but probably delicious

for your consideration:

>slow fry garlic gloves in butter
>roasted garlic taste and spreadability in 1/5 the time
>ideal for burger making
>garlic butter and/or garlic brown butter is now unlocked
>>
>>7223385
Too much going on. I appreciate the uniform construction (it satisfies my autism), but put the mushroom in your side salad.
>>
>>7224880
>>7224902
Why don't you the put the vegetables underneath the patty? This would help the bun from becoming soggy and the acidity of the tomato in direct contact with the freshly melted cheese will cause it to congeal very quickly.
>>
>>7223489
Picked?
Recipe strait into the trash
>>
>>7226133
The pbello would be fine if it were just cut into strips and layered. Needs to lay flat, not round.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.