[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /ck/ think about Blue Apron?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

What does /ck/ think about Blue Apron?
>>
File: meat.jpg (649KB, 2368x3200px) Image search: [Google]
meat.jpg
649KB, 2368x3200px
Great way to get a high quality meal on a weeknight when you don't feel like grocery shopping but you also don't want to sit at a restaurant and overpay for wine.

This triggers the poorfag who just learned to boil pasta last Tuesday and likes to post pictures of his "wifey material" garbage on facebook as proof.

I took a picture of this 20-minute blue apron meal a while back to delight /ck/, it seems to have really upset them though.
>>
heres how this threads gonna go

half the thread calls it retarded because its over priced compared to groceries

the other half calls them retarded for being poor and unable to afford it

despite my 100% accurate prediction this thread will probably get dozens and dozens of replies
>>
>>7219140
GMO poison
>>
unnecessary if you already know how to cook.
>>
poorfags hate it because "le frugal life xD" meme

people with disposable income get it because it pisses off the peasantry. I also have my maid prepare these meals for me. Mad poorfags?
>>
>>7219184
No. Just bemused.
>>
Seems expensive and wasteful. But if you want a lot of variety in your home cooking, but don't want to create and adjust the recipes yourself, it might be cool. And really I can see the appeal of taking the thinking out of cooking.

But... I have a problem with people who claim that it's impossible to cook without Blue Apron other than by throwing loads of stuff out. The problem is that you shouldn't be cooking at home like you're in a restaurant. You don't need to make each meal totally different from the last, from a different cuisine, sharing no ingredients. That's how you end up with a bunch of stuff you don't know how to use up. Learn several dishes that share ingredients, learn what each ingredient tastes like so you can use it up when you have too much, make more than you're going to eat and freeze it.

I get the sense that Blue Apron appeals in part to autists, who feel they have to cook from a predetermined recipe following it to the letter, and are incapable of adapting or varying things depending on what they have in or what their preferences are.
>>
File: 8f14_ChunkyIrishStew__detail[1].jpg (46KB, 346x256px) Image search: [Google]
8f14_ChunkyIrishStew__detail[1].jpg
46KB, 346x256px
I just dump a can of soup on minute rice if I'm feeling lazy. The fuck I need a box with papers & shit for?
>>
I'm a contractor and one of the homes I worked in, the home owner would get those delivered a few times a week or whatever. I asked them if it's worth it and he said yes because he is a surgeon and his wife is a doctor so they don't have much time for anything. Even the nanny is basically raising their kid. He says instead of shopping and trying to come up with dinner ideas they come home and that is on the door step and he just opens it and follows the directions and eat and goes to bed. So I guess they are good for something like that.
>>
File: soylent-9.jpg (139KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
soylent-9.jpg
139KB, 1200x900px
Ridiculously expensive yuppie bullshit for aspiring "sandwich artists" majoring in women's studies

Soylent exists for a reason
>>
>>7219184
lol
>>
>>7220396
What kind of Faggot would buy canned soup when soup freezes so well?
>>
>>7219140
It's for yuppies who have too much money but want to imitate their mexican nannies.
>>
>>7219140
gf and i like cooking.
>present.jpg
what is this? Blue Apron?
start getting fucking boxes in the mail..
have to eat shitty delivered food for a few weeks at dinner time.
Some stuff was ok but most of it wasnt that amazing.
Ingredients were sometimes interesting but the meat was clearly cheap shit.
Not worth the money at all.
>>
File: ree.gif (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ree.gif
2MB, 640x480px
>>7220446
>gf and i
Please refrain from mentioning your sex and/or gender while visiting /ck/. Although you may not be aware of this (although I think you are), many people posting on 4chan are not in an intimate relationship.

Therefore, referring to your femininity can be highly offensive to others, as they visit /ck/ to have fun and intellectual discourse, not to be reminded of their shortcomings (as perceived by society).

I hope you remember this in the future and refrain from using any key words that can be used as gender identifiers. It really is not that much to ask and will prevent threads from degenerating into flame/troll disasters.

Some of us also choose to be single and our virginity is not a badge of shame. The inherent superficial and highly opportunistic behavior of women is not attractive to every male, and therefore we do not have to be constantly reminded of your kind while on /ck/. It is not necessary and can be considered, "attention whoring" (a very just term).

Thank you very much,

- /ck/
>>
>>7220443
I don't freeze shit. If I cook a pot of stew I eat it every day for every meal until it's gone. Canned soup is there for when I'm feeling too lazy to do anything but push #1 on the microwave.
>>
>>7220455
Why would you be ok with microwaving canned soup but not freezing normal soup?
>>
>>7220463
You're not very bright anon.

Frozen stew requires me to cook it beforehand, canned does not. When I cook something I continue to eat it, I do not freeze any of it. I stuff my freezer full of bulk meats & steamer veggies. I covered this very same information in a much shorter sentence in my last post. Don't be a faggot.
>>
>>7220481
You're pretty defensive for a slob who eats canned soup microwaved and dumped over minute rice. Maybe you should find a substance to abuse, it would both shorten your life and make it more bearable.
>>
>>7220452
im a male fuck your mother cuck.
>>
My Grocery store Publix literally has free little pamphlets of recipes you can make, all ingredients being in the store, with people who will help you get them. They even have this thing called "Aprons Meals" where a store employee person goes to this kiosk in the store, cooks a meal using ingredients you can get in the store, and hands out samples of it, with a recipe card of what you'd need, and how to cook it. Why you would pay an expensive price for what you can get at a store is beyond me.
>>
>>7220528
Why would I go to a grocery store to pick up a recipe someone else wrote. Let alone an employee of a store called "publix", it sounds really unappetizing.

The point of this service is that it's already there when you get home, so you can relax instead of going back out. Not so you can drive to the goddamm store. If you're at the store you can literally get anything the store has in stock. Or use the time to stop at a restaurant and order something to eat there, for that matter.
>>
>>7219140
>kale apron

Some recipes are really nice, however these fuckers use kale way to much. I mean it would be forgivable if it was actually used appropriately and not as a substitute for anything green.

Other than that I'd say the biggest problem is how they force you into certain combos.
>>
It's for people who don't like cooking but want to cook for some strange reason
>>
>>7221666
It's seasonal. You think blue apron is giving you too much kale? Try a CSA some time and get back to me. You'll be begging to go back on Blue Apron.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.