[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Calling any food a 'meme'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: mario.jpg (211KB, 576x792px) Image search: [Google]
mario.jpg
211KB, 576x792px
>Calling any food a 'meme'
>>
Well, technically it isn't wrong. Certain foods/flavors gained a bunch of popularity to the point where it could be considered a "meme". Remember how people would put bacon with fucking everything and bring it up at every chance they got? And then there's red velvet cake, I've seen red velvet cookies/milkshakes/all sorts of other non-cake foods with that "flavor". Then there's kale/funfetti cake mix/sriracha/chocolate with chili/who even fucking knows how many other things that have gained a bunch of sudden popularity and are brought up/used at every change the person gets.
>>
>>7209873
There are stupid things that nobody sane would do with food.

When someone does it, and puts it on the internet, just for the sake of promoting idiocy and attention whoring, that qualifies as "memetic food".

For example, if some moron decided to put ketchup on fruit loops and claim it was amazing.

That is an example of something so stupid, nobody who is thinking clearly would ever waste time on.

That is "Meme food".
>>
>>7209913
No, meme food is bacon etc as >>7209898 described
>>
>>7210002
That's just regular cooking, going up and down in popularity.

It's like calling Cornbread a fad. OK, yes, we don't make as much as we used to. All cooking rises and falls in popularity like this.

Recipes have always sought out new mediums.
All that much is normal.

The asymptote, is when someone does something they would never actually enjoy eating, to get attention.

Now we're past normal "recipes" and into "meme food".
>>
>>7210026
I don't think anyone is actually against the idea of mixing foods/flavors together to create something new, but to say that some of these things couldn't be considered a fad is straight up wrong. Let's use that funfetti cake mix as an example here. Not just any old regular pre-made cake mix, specifically funfetti. I've seen cheesecakes, milkshakes, cookies, cocktails, pancakes, donuts, twinkies, the list could go on and on consisting of things that use this specific cake mix. Is there anything wrong with this? Not at all. But cooking something using this cake mix has gained a lot of popularity out of nowhere and after an amount of time it'll die down and I'm fairly sure that's what a fad is.
>>
>>7210044
You think shock-and-awe cooking is NEW to your generation?
Fuck you, you're quite wrong.

Back in the early golden days of the cookbook, the forefront of the industry, the Larousse Gastronomique, would tell wonder/horror stories of French recipes of Butter, Fried in Butter, Cooked in MORE Butter, and served to guests. Just like that.

Shit you not.

Then we have the 70s. When ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING was suspended in gelatin.
Care for some roast beef aspic?

Live longer. Get older.
This is nothing new to cooking.
>>
>>7210077
When did I say this is a new thing to cooking? I'm just saying that fad/"meme" foods exist.
>>
>>7210087
I think "Meme Foods" do exist, and have existed, too. But their class comes from culinary stunts designed to grab headlines and attention, not to actually be eaten.
>>
Everyone in this thread should kill themselves for actually having a non-ironic opinion on this.

Or at least reassess your choices in life.
>>
>>7210121
So you think there's something inherently bad about studying the history of cooking?

Or trying to predict its future?

... sure, ok. just eat your hamburger
>>
>>7210121

done

what next, person who is smarter than all others?
>>
>>7210135
You mis-use of the word 'meme' is not related to the history of cooking.

Get your head out of your ass and stop acting like what your talking about is important to anybody without aspergers.

Also I don't eat meat, using clique sentence structures and making assumptions will get you nowhere on an anonymous imageboard, this isn't reddit.
>>
>>7210158
see
>>7210159
>>
>>7210163
ah, i see now.
1. nobody goes anywhere on here, ever, welcome to hell
2. i honestly dont care that much, but it is a valid point that some foods are more or less popular because of the intrinsic qualities of the food itself, and some because its just in fashion. the second could technically be described as memetic, because its significance is cultural, not physical. either way,
3. youre a fag and an autist, like everybody here
4. see #3.
>>
>>7210185
>>>/reddit/
>>
People don't know the difference between fad and meme.
>>
>>7210436
I blame it more on a poor vocabulary, internet jargon and excessive acronyms are easily the worst things to happen to the english language.
>>
>>7210286
am i wrong, faggot?
>>
>>7210570
no ur a fagget and ur gay!!
>>
Bacon has been basically ruined for me by how crazy it's meme status has become.

>bacon chap stick
>bacon chocolate
>bacon wrapped shit
>as long as it has bacon it's an instant win!
>>
>>7210627
The only escape is for you to kill yourself.
>>
ITT: No one here knows what memes are.
They're the dna of the soul.
>>
Lets list meme foods from recent memory:

Bacon
Pretzel buns
IPA
Kale
Pea shoots
Foam
Dots
>>
File: EETgIZ2.png (230KB, 637x266px) Image search: [Google]
EETgIZ2.png
230KB, 637x266px
>>7209898
>>
I enjoyed reading this thread while eating bacon on rye bread with Sriracha sauce.
>>
Every kind of memespeak is a meme. It's for people to lazy or stupid to be able to form their own opinion so they resort to chanspeak.

Or it's shitposting; either way its fedora.
>>
File: 1447159005365.jpg (14KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1447159005365.jpg
14KB, 251x242px
>>7209873
>pumpkin spice latte/coffee
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (242KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
242KB, 1920x1080px
>unironically using the M word irl
>>
>>7211639

I just don't get foam. It's so pointless.
>>
>>7210718
dude BACON lmao
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.