[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Works at a bar, last night boss tells me that other line cook

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 20151114_202406.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20151114_202406.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Works at a bar, last night boss tells me that other line cook and myself need to step up our game. Projects to do a million in sales for next year..all yelp reviews are terrible, I am the ONLY person using labels and dates on product. Food spoils in walk-in are rampant. Cook food more often for employees rather than customers...Bar has 4 spaces for customers to park at on street..Bar closes earlier than scheduled on most nights. I want to use my 20+yrs of experience to ensure I'll have a job next year, but it falls on deaf ears. How do I "step my game up" (???) Pic related. It's the sampler platter. Also, I don't eat at work because it's all so awful.
>>
>>7190780
that plate should have some kind of sauce that goes with it and work on your plating.
>>
>>7190780
You won't even eat the food you're serving?
>>
Leave.
>>
If the other employees are screwing stuff up and the boss isn't on them about it then the place might go under. Not much you can do about it unless you want to be the boss and try to push other workers to preform better.
>>
call restaurant impossible
>>
What is this supposed to be?
>>
>>7190800
Yeah, agreed, leave. Place has problems bigger than you are. You can't "step your game up" with spoiled food and conditions out of your control. Boss seems like they want to blame you cooks for the downfalls of the bar rather than look at himself.
>>
Find somewhere better, man.
>>
>>7190780
>Bar closes earlier than scheduled on most nights
This is the #1 reason why I see most places failing around here. You need to have reliable operating hours so people can count on going to your establishment and it being open.
There's a bar here that does that shit and I just never go because I don' t know if it's going to be open or not and end up going to the bar that stays open until close regardless of how busy it is that night.
>>
>>7190816
Depends on the bar and their operating costs.
>>
Unless they're going to make you the Chef quit. One cook can't save a failing restaurant you need someone in charge.
>>
Your fry cook sucks.
>>
>>7190794
He's not serving it, he's just the bartender. The wise person would look for another job then once it's secured give your notice and get the fuck out.
>>
You're fucked m80. Your joint is run by iniots . The first thing a resturant needs is consistency and the second is some fucking standards in food prep. this ain't momma's kicthen, yeeechh.

Your only shot if you don't want to fly the coop with the Xmas till
>always a wise move
is to get or become the head chef, clean the place up and make food that, at a bare minimum, you would actually eat. No other option.
>>
>>7190780
Call Gordon Ramsay.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.