[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's your go-to order whenever you eat at a vietnamese

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: bun_cha.jpg (59KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
bun_cha.jpg
59KB, 640x480px
what's your go-to order whenever you eat at a vietnamese restaurant. I feel like an uncultured ignorant by always ordering pho and bun cha
>>
You'll always be a faggot senpai
>>
>>7190565
I ask for pho

that's literally all they eat in nam anyway so it's okay
>>
>Vietnam
>culture
>>
>>7190565
>whenever you eat at a vietnamese restaurant
fedora, pls go
>>
>>7190565
That steak cube thing on rice. Pho. Spring rolls. Summer rolls. Some sort of grilled beef rolls. Bhan Mi.
>>
File: bahnxeo.jpg (333KB, 1600x1079px) Image search: [Google]
bahnxeo.jpg
333KB, 1600x1079px
>>7190565
I order what's in your op, that's my favorite. Second favorite is bahn xeo
>>
>going to a Vietnamese place
>not ordering vermicelli
Seriously guys, you are missing out!
>>
something with those cellophane noodles and fish sauce
>>
File: tmp_2009-images(7)-1737121209.jpg (10KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_2009-images(7)-1737121209.jpg
10KB, 276x183px
>>7190565
Catfish braised in carmel sauce, often comes with bits of pork belly. Its usually served sizzling hot in a clay pot. Great during a cold day.
>>
fish sauce omelet.
>>
Bun bo Hue.
>>
Those are all good but try banh mi sandwiches too
>>
File: scared.jpg (44KB, 420x500px) Image search: [Google]
scared.jpg
44KB, 420x500px
>Allergic to fish

>Will never eat slant-eye food out because they will NEVER EVER wash the wok
>>
I'm sorry that I don't know the names of these but crispy spring rolls (not the ones in your picture) and the rice noodles that are like a Vietnamese version of chang fen. They're kind of sticky and with ground pork/beef. And all the salads are good.
>>
Try the shaky beef or the disgruntled chicken.
>>
>>7190565
we order chef special each time

we get mix and also wrap

we also got a daily meal deal

advice is 2 get daily meal deal/mix

source: local chef's kitchen supervisor
>>
>>7190565
shrimp and tamarind soup

It's one of my favorites. It's light, but very fucking tasty, a little sweet, a little sour, and awesome in cold weather or if you have a cold or hangover.
Another favorite of mine is roasted duck soup with egg noodles, if they have it. Very savory, rich broth with sliced duck breast, whole duck quarter, bok choy (or other greens) scallions, egg noodles, and the usual accompaniments.
>>
>>7190916

Why live?
>>
>>7190952
i also recommend mix and daily meal deal
>>
>>7190565

I worked in one, had to quit it was disgusting lmao. It's like Indian food an Chinese food crossed over with pieces of dog meat and bamboo shoots and coconut everywhere. It probably tastes good over there but why you would eat this stuff in the western world I don't know.

You'd think the French would have helped them out. I guess you could make pho taste ok but wtf lol
>>
com suon nuong

anybody got a recipe for the red rice that vietnamese dishes sometimes have?
>>
I always like a big steaming order of cum of sum yung guy
>>
>>7191226
That Korean.
>>
>>7190565
I order pho and pronounce it puh-o or puh ho.

Some friends corrected me by saying it's "foe" but i dont bother changing my ways
>>
>>7190916
>wok
>Vietnamese food

pick one
>>
>>7191334
Try like this: "Fuh?"

you gotta have that rising question like sound at the end.
Source: My wife is from Vietnam
>>
>>7191642
What website did you get her from? Was it an easy process?
>>
>>7191653

>What website did you get her from?
www.vietnamexwhoresdirect.com

>Was it an easy process?
with the ready made forms, all I had to do was write in my name & give them the check.. it was so simple
>>
>>7191675
I got a page not found error, are you sure about that web address?
>>
>>7191689
>I got a page not found error
You should check your spelling.
>>
I'm half-Vietnamese and all I've been eating was nem rán and phô.
>>
>>7190565
ban me
>>
File: hu_tiu.jpg (142KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
hu_tiu.jpg
142KB, 500x375px
>>7190565
For authentic Southern Viet's food, order clay-pot caramelized fish (cá kho) or port (thịt kho) and sour soup (canh chua). I'm not a communist Northerner so can't help you with that.
Also, fuck pho. Hu tíu is the most popular rice noodle soup in HCM city.
>>
>>7190565
this thing is good af whatever it is

It's called the number 6 where I am, and i muck it often
>>
>>7190740
Bun bo Hue is the superior soup. Banh mi is a good choice too.
>>
>>7191772
https://youtu.be/j2kFmB6GIxM

What with your spelling of it?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.