[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone made eclairs before? I tried for the first time today

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0544.jpg (740KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0544.jpg
740KB, 2048x2048px
Has anyone made eclairs before?
I tried for the first time today and they have a nice hole in the middle but they're really tiny. I was following Jacques Pepin's recipe in his Complete Techniques.
Any ideas what went from and how to make them bigger? Is it just as simple as piping more choux or could something have gone wrong in the recipe?
>>
>>7190534
ur mom pipes my choux
>>
The insides look fine from here, and they're kinda eclair sized anyway. Maybe the recipe was just for smaller eclairs than you were expecting.
>>
They look fine, other than the very sloppy piping. It really doesn't look like you messed up the choux pastry. You are going to have to pipe them bigger if you want large eclairs
>>
Your eclair one down from the top right has given me the idea to make "big peanut" eclairs and fill them with a peanut creme pat. Thanks anon.
>>
So just pipe them bigger and maybe learn how to use a piping bag.
Thanks a bunch /ck/!
>>
they look like they were maybe a little overcooked. i've never been a huge eclair person to be honest. the filling is far too heavy and butter for my taste and im not a huge fan of the texture of the pastry. anyone else feel similar? maybe i've just had shitty eclairs
>>
>>7190896
wait maybe overcooked wasnt the right word. they look unevenly browned on the top
>>
Needs anchovies.
>>
>>7190910
I forgot the egg wash.
Also could I make these and keep them overnight or should I make another batch tomorrow once I git gud at piping?
>>
>>7191014
The shells keep fine in the fridge for a couple days, or a month in the freezer. They just soften up, so any crispness they had when fresh is gone. Some people prefer them like that. You can re crisp them in the oven.

I like them crispy, so I leaven them in the warm oven to dry out after they are baked. The first pastry chef I worked for hated them like that and wanted them as soft as possible. Pleb taste imo.
>>
>>7191067
>leaven
leave**
>>
>>7190534
what a truly fucking worthless pastry
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.