[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: things in cooking you can't ever be bothered to do.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 2

File: Deep_frying_chicken_upper_wing.jpg (588KB, 1920x1273px) Image search: [Google]
Deep_frying_chicken_upper_wing.jpg
588KB, 1920x1273px
ITT: things in cooking you can't ever be bothered to do.
Pic strongly related, while deep frying something sounds fun, I'm not going to spend like a bottle of vegetable oil, where the fuck am I even going to dump it after I'm done.
>>
Once you're done frying, keep it heated and remove all excess food that feel off during the process. Keep it heated for about 5 minutes, pour it into a mason jar, stick it in the fridge until you need it next time.
>>
>>7189955
I just shallow fry and use less vegetable oil. I dump the excess down the sink/garbage disposal when I'm done.
>>
>>7189961
Dumbass
>>
>>7189961
>Not storing it in a heated cauldron and pouring it down your castle walls when the huns attack
>>
>>7189968
It's canola oil so it won't turn back into a solid, it's fine. I run the garbage disposal so it crushes up any solids that were in it too, but there rarely is anything big enough to clog it. I've never had a clogged garbage disposal and I shallow fry all the time.
>>
>>7189955
>I'm not going to spend like a bottle of vegetable oil
wut?
>>
I can't really think of anything I wouldn't have a go at once apart from because of prohibitive expense.
>>
>>7189984
>I can't really think of anything I wouldn't have a go at once apart from because of prohibitive expense.
Are you faggots writing in ebonics or just retarded?
>>
>Getting rid of oil
>Not turning it into deep-fry scented soap
>Not trying to attract hambeasts with the aroma
>Not getting some plushy loving
>>
>>7189975
You've got municipal water and sewer, right?
Otherwise you're going to screw your septic system.
>>
>>7189973
solid post
>>
>>7189977

I think his point was that he didn't want to pay for a whole bottle of oil and only use it once.

And I agree, that's silly. Oil for frying can be reused many times--there's no reason to throw it out until it gets heavily used.
>>
>>7189994
Yes, don't worry I grew up with a septic system, I know.

Can you even have a garbage disposal with a septic system? My parents always just composted. You could probably recycle the oil in compost if you have a garden or something.
>>
>>7189988
Do you need the sentence simplified?
>>
>>7189999
What sentence? Those were just random words.
>>
>>7190016
Just because you have trouble understanding it doesn't make it anything but a perfectly valid sentence.
>>
>>7190020
I bet you defend pig latin too.
>>
Well this thread has certainly proven to be productive.
>>
File: 1433382190072.jpg (401KB, 634x901px) Image search: [Google]
1433382190072.jpg
401KB, 634x901px
for me its
>cooking my own food
why waste time slaving over a hot stove when i can just go outside like a normal human being and buy food fully cooked already
>>
>>7190027
I cannot tolerate /ck/ers writing like uneducated dum dums.
>>
>>7189958
This post LITERALLY gave me cancer.
>>
>>7190033
It saves money
>>
>>7190036
But it costs time

And time is money
>>
>>7190039
Only if you work 24/7
>>
>>7190040
money never sleeps
apply yourself
>>
>>7190045
Most people don't work 24/7, they have to take time to sleep and eat and stuff

I guarantee you don't either, otherwise you wouldn't be browsing 4chan right now
>>
>>7190045
Yeah but you can make money while sleeping
Start investing
>>
>>7190045
>2015-16
>being materialistic
>>
>>7190034
You're the only one here displaying any difficulties with English.
>>
>>7190033
post the one with the hat
>>
>>7190033
I'm the exact opposite, I simply can't stand the idea of forking off thrice the cost of the ingredients for shitty meals. On someone else's money, sure thing, but I'll be dead before you see me in a restaurant paying for myself.
>>
>>7189955
To be honest, I agree with you. Only seriously addicted fried food lovers need to cook shit at home this way. It should be eaten only sparingly as a treat anyway, meaning only when out at a restaurant.
The oil waste/disposal, the risk of a catastrophic fire and/or spill, the mess. Some of the hot oil splatters and vaporizes, which leaves that sticky film all over your cabinets and kitchen. Even the most careful OCD cleanliness freaks cooks can not avoid this.
I know fried foods taste good but the negatives far outweigh the benefits.
>>
>>7190064
>cooking is messy and gross
this is what my /ck/ has become
>>
>>7190068
FRYING is messy and gross
There are other ways to cook
>>
>>7190070
Frying has never been messy or gross for me, you're doing it wrong
>>
>>7190070
what ever you say, can't cook
>>
>>7190068
I cited several valid reasons why to avoid deep frying.
If you have something to contribute, then you may do so now.
>>
>>7189955
I'd think I'd try some shallow frying at home.
>>7190070
Frying in itself is fine. I don't think I want to deep fry. Already got scars.
>>
>>7190086
I have contributed. You don't know how to cook.
>>
>>7190093
What constitutes shallow frying? Is pan-frying with a little oil so it doesn't stick shallow frying?
>>
>>7189997
Garbage disposal w/septic? Yeah, I'm pretty sure you can. Glad to know you are aware anon; so many people aren't and wind up with a failing system 'cause they dumped all their grease down the drain..
>>
>>7190098
Shallow frying is usually with just enough oil to submerge the food maybe halfway compared to fully submerged with deep frying.
>>
>>7190098

No, that would be just "Frying", or "Sauteing".

Shallow frying has enough oil to totally cover the bottom of the pan to a thickness of (roughly) 1/4 to 1/2 inch. (1/2 to 1 cm) The oil should come about halfway up the food but not totally submerge it.
>>
>>7190098
For me, I guess it would be if whatever I'm frying isn't completely submerged. I think I'd be fine with it being completely submerged in the oils too if I have a pot. I guess what you said can be frying too
>>
>>7190098
Shallow frying is like 1/2cup (maybe less if using smaller pan and only cooking for 1) oil in a 12" skillet. I do this when I make zatarains catfish and tendies

>>7189955
Sounds like you've never cooked anything other than hotpockets. Oil is only $2.50 a bottle and you put a lid on it when you're done, you don't pour it out after one use.
>>
How are you meant to dispose of oil after deep or shallow frying?
>>
>>7190179

Let it cool, pour the oil into an empty container you were going to throw out (milk jug, pickle jar, detergent bottle, etc) and throw it in the garbage.
>>
>>7189990
>fucking fat girls
I mean we have all gotten a blowjob from a fat girl when drunk, but fucking a fat girl shows that you have no regard for yourself.
>>
>>7190060
make that double
>>
>>7190200
More for me then :)
>>
>>7189955

kek
>>
>>7190063
I make enough money that I'm actually losing money by cooking. Oh look I saved $10 because I cooked.
I also spent two hours of my time shopping, prepping, and cleaning up when I could've spent those 2-3 hours working to make much more than $10 or on leisure.
Money saved by cooking < My time
I only cook for fun now, not to save money or for sustenance
>>
>>7192393
When I cook my own meals I get to pick exactly what goes in my dish as opposed to some chump line cook doing it for me.

Also the whole "saving money by spending money" principle is retarded. You say it's a waste of your time to cook when you could be working instead but the fact of the matter is that you aren't working. The time you spend shopping/cooking is about as much time as you'd spend in a restaurant. It's not any faster, it's just a waste.
>>
>>7189975
You don't understand how things work do you?
>>
>>7192408
>"saving money by spending money" principle is retarded.
It's not saving money, it's saving time and effort. I'm redirecting time and energy spent cooking into something else. You do the same thing whenever you pay for something you're not good at.
>the fact of the matter is that you aren't working.
Again, it doesn't matter if I'm not working because I'm doing something else I'd prefer over cooking.
>The time you spend shopping/cooking is about as much time as you'd spend in a restaurant.
No, I spend much much less time eating in a restaurant or take-out. Maybe you work very quickly in the kitchen. I don't, so I save a lot of time.
Even if I do spend the same amount of time. I'm enjoying the time I spend at a restaurant. Shopping, prepping, cooking, and cleanup drain time and energy I'd much rather spend on other endeavors, money-making or not. Or maybe I'm tired from work and don't want to work more in the kitchen.
Say I land at the airport tired from the flight. I have to wait another hour for public transportation or I can spend more money on a taxi.
I save time and I don't have to carry my luggage everywhere. Between the two, I'll pick the taxi because I can pay for it.
>it's just a waste.
That logic can apply to everything. Go live in the woods with a garden if you're so into this
>>
>>7192464
>>7192408
Also where do you live? You make it sound like you can cook better than most chump line cooks in the area. I live next to a lot of great restaurants that cook delicious shit I can't.
>>
>>7192464
And if you're still fixated on the money part, say I make $50/hour and I'm usually tired by the end of the day.
It's really not worth it to spend the 2+ hours in the kitchen to save $10-20, however much I save. I have life to enjoy and other chores to deal with.
>>
>>7192484
Unless you're making some sort of stew most dishes will take you half an hour tops to cook, or involve just leaving them in the oven for half an hour. Your reasoning on time is money is sound, but the amount of time you think it'd take to make anything at home is way off. Not to mention cooking isn't just some chore that needs to be done like laundry, it can be an enjoyable hobby as well if you have any passion for good food whatsoever. If you don't like cooking then so be it, it's awesome that you can afford to just eat out for every meal and not worry about it, but it's not like there's no reason to cook for yourself once you start making enough to do that.
>>
>>7192486
And that's cool. A lot of this is from my POV. Most stuff I cook are long stews and braises and shit. I spent the night before Thanksgiving deboning a turkey and making stock from the roasted bones
I'm just responding to
>I simply can't stand the idea of forking off thrice the cost of the ingredients
A lot of this works because of my situation. I cooked a lot more in college when I had less money and a lot more time. Not true anymore.
>it can be an enjoyable hobby as well
It is, but everyday and it's a chore for me
>if you have any passion for good food whatsoever
Which is why I'm constantly checking out new restaurants
>it's not like there's no reason to cook for yourself once you start making enough to do that.
There's always reason to cook for yourself, but for me saving money is the last reason why I cook
>>
wow you people i swear, let me educate you

deep frying is not messy and gross, what is a mutherfucking splash gaurd

save the goddamn container the oil comes in, when its dirty pour it back in that container and toss it or if you are not a tardo find mor useful things to do with it or other non tardos who can use it

>not having all ingredients on hand to make a few funnel cakes in under 20 minutes for company

>not being able to fry up some wings or something in the coziness of your own home listening to your fav music

>not deep frying in your favorite banana hammock while drunk as a skunk

get out of my /ck/ you goddamn normies REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
My family does a themed Christmas lunch each year, because the same roast lamb / turkey each year gets tiring. This year it's Southern food, I'm making buttermilk fried chicken. I've never fried chicken, but I've done fish a number of times and it has never been that much of a in issue in terms of mess.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.