[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Autoignition point of peanut butter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: lies.jpg (88KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
lies.jpg
88KB, 750x600px
I saw this recipe, and assuming the temperature is in Farenheit and not Celcius, I don't see how it could possibly catch fire.
I've burned sugar before, and it was a relatively peaceful affair, with the caramellised goop boiling and slowly turning into black, carbony crust in the bottom of the pan. And eggs aren't flammable in the slightest. I've less experience with peanut butter, but I've never heard of it combusting in kitchen conditions.
I'm obviously going to try it myself, just to see what they taste like, but I thought I'd ask in case this was some classic ruse that first made the rounds back in '09 or something.
>>
It's literally the same concept behind those "3 ingredient nutella cookies" but with peanut butter.
It's fine, but you'd get better results following a full recipe.
>>
>>7182117
>don't see how it could possibly catch fire.

1) it could be hyperbole. e.g. maybe all it did was smoke up his oven but the person wrote "LOLZ FIRE"

2) many ovens have an exposed heating element at the bottom of the oven. If the "batter" were to melt and drip down into the burner or heating coil that could cause ignition.
>>
If only someone had tried this before

http://www.kraftcanada.com/recipes/super-easy-peanut-butter-cookies-85456
>>
They must have the worst texture.
>>
>>7182130
they're decent. Not the best, but far from the worst
>>
>>7182117
It creates a really crumbly cookie, also 350/180 works better. Also get better results if you add in 2oz of cream cheese, ends up with a more cookie like texture.

source: Been on keto for a couple years and peanut butter is a staple but had to find more uses than just mixing it with sugar free syrup or whipped cream.
>>
>>7182117
My sister used to bake those. It makes something that could technically be called a cookie, but the texture is pretty shit and the peanut flavor is too strong.
>>
File: 2015-12-19 02.36.53.jpg (780KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-19 02.36.53.jpg
780KB, 2048x1536px
>>7182126
The pic implies it's an issue with the recipe, though, not just a general problem of sugar in direct contact with heating elements.

Anyway, I just did a batch. They turned out okay. Not the best cookies I've had, but not bad either. Certainly worth the effort that went into them. No sign of imminent fire.
Looking it up now, my cups-to-desiliters conversion multiplier was off by a factor of two. Not sure how much that mattered, since I largely eyeballed the amounts. They turned up soft and gooey.
>>
>>7182117
That is actually the recipe for mustard gas

DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME.
>>
>>7182121
>how to spot the troll

Right here, sir. This is the troll.

I bet no one is left in /ck/ that remembers to anon whose stove caught on fire with this recipe. I wish I still had his pics. It was of a white stove with smoke damage all over it and the cabinet above with something like "hi /ck/" written on the stove in the soot.
>>
File: 1322531108494.png (134KB, 334x393px) Image search: [Google]
1322531108494.png
134KB, 334x393px
>>7183076
>people have already tried the recipe, and it turned out okay
>still trying to claim that it'll make your oven explode
>>
>>7182512
what a great post. if this was how /ck/ usually went I would come here more often
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.