[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we get a cocktail general thread going? I'll start:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: martini[1].jpg (22KB, 630x438px) Image search: [Google]
martini[1].jpg
22KB, 630x438px
Can we get a cocktail general thread going?

I'll start: How do you like your martinis? I personally love olive juice & olive garnish in mine.
>>
Martinis only look right in a old womans hand.

My go to cocktail recently has been crown and ginger
>>
>>7181222
I'm a firm believer in the old "if it tastes good, it doesn't matter" ideology. If the look of the drink bothers you that much I guess you could pour it into a different glass. But changing what you drink based on what others might think of you is for frat boys.
>>
>>7181222
>caring about how a cocktail makes him look more than how it tastes
>being an epic poofter
Pick both
>>
>>7181207
Really dry with a few jalapeƱo/cheese/horseradish stuffed olives. Sapphire, usually, because every bar has it

Don't really care if its shaken or stirred. If it's shaken, the little ice crystals melt really quick and "bruising" the gin is nonsense.
>>
I don't give a flying fuck, I'll drink a cosmo if I want to.
>>
>>7181268
You go girl!
>>
>>7181222
Mix drinks =\= cocktails
>>
>>7181290
Oh and also mine is a nice strong old fashioned, hold the fruit.
>>
File: Rev up dicks.png (80KB, 612x268px) Image search: [Google]
Rev up dicks.png
80KB, 612x268px
>>7181261
oh, damn, I think Sapphire is terrible in a martini, but thank god someone likes it
>>
Dirty sapphire with blue cheese stuffed olives
>>
>>7181302
What do you order
>>
Been ages since I had a martini, because I used to hate olives. I should try it again now that I'be fixed that.

I like a gimlet with minimal soda when it comes to gin. Otherwise long islands and old fashioneds.
>>
>>7181311
for a martini?
>>
File: negroni master.jpg (6KB, 197x255px) Image search: [Google]
negroni master.jpg
6KB, 197x255px
>>7181311
but I never order martinis because I like them wet and I just make them at home because at bars I'm a negroni nigger. Hard to mess up
>>
>>7181315
Yea
>>
>>7181330

3:1 and if before a meaty dinner, I want it a little dirty because the savory aspect of the olives whet my 'tite
>>
>>7181336
I meant type of gin, since you don't like sapphire
>>
>>7181347

tanq for martinis in fall winter/hendricks in summer

sorry for all the replies before ever getting to the point lol
>>
>>7181348
I think Tanqueray is more for G&T. It's lighter and fruitier. Goes well with the lime. Never had Hendricks or at least I don't remember.
>>
>>7181358

I'm the exact opposite! My ONE use for Bombay Sapphire is for G&Ts because I think it takes the weird burn that Sapphire gives me away. I like the juniper-smack of Tanqueray is great for a flavorful martini.

For Hendrick's I just do the meme cucumber garnishes for added accents
>>
I think I'm permanently switching to rye for my manhattans
>>
>>7181382

Do you typically use bourbon now? Rye is SO NICE in Manhattans and literally everything else. Why is everyone obsessed with bourbon when Irish whiskey and rye is readily available and GOAT
>>
>>7181207
I'm a Manhattan kinda guy. Knob Creek or Bulleit Rye, a dash of grapefruit bitters, and the tiniest dash of sweet vermouth. I drink them up too, I can't stand cocktails with a lotta ice in them like most people serve manhattans. That's how I was taught to drink them anyways. Cocktails served in martini glasses generally are better pours in my experience too.
>>
>>7181207
Pre-ice the glass, 3oz of gin with the briefest pour of dry vermouth possible. Shake with big cubes of ice then serve up with three olives
>>
> 3 oz gin Bombay regular
> 1 oz dry vermouth

Put in rocks glass with a bunch of ice and stir for a minute or at least until the mixture starts clouding a bit. Fish out the cubes. Add two twists of lemon or orange.
>>
>>7181708
This is my pre dinner variant. After dinner I remove the vermouth and twists and add about 4 olives
>>
Dry gin, I use Boodles usually, plenty of dry vermouth, a dash of orange bitters and a lemon twist. Olives and olive juice totally destroy the drink.

>>7181222
>My go to cocktail
>post a highball
Fag.
>>
The Winter Sun.
2 parts St. George Dry Rye Gin
1 part Lillet Blanc or Kina Lillet
1 part Gran Classico or a 50/50 split of high quality orange dry curacao & Italian Amaro. Can use Carpano Antica vermouth in place of the Amaro as well.
Shake and strain over ice into an Old-fashioned glass and garnish with flamed orange peel.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.