[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Greetings /ck/! I know you're all busy arguing over memefood

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: cranberry.jpg (30KB, 600x289px) Image search: [Google]
cranberry.jpg
30KB, 600x289px
Greetings /ck/!

I know you're all busy arguing over memefood but I have 8 cans of cranberry products (jelly/sauce) that need to go away and I don't know how to eat them unless it's Thanksgiving. Any ideas?

I was thinking about mixing some in with the billions of apples that I need to can but I'm pretty new to making jams and jellies so I'm not sure that'd gel properly.
>>
open can
dump in bowl
put bowl in fridge
remove some from bowl as needed for sandwiches or whatever

wa la
>>
>>7180677
:^( no
>>
make a breakfast sandwich with fried egg, cheddar, mayo, and thin slices of cranberry sauce
>>
>>7180711
I don't like sandwiches you guise
>>
>>7180715
make a queen victoria cake, or rub some on roasted meat then let it caramelize a bit
>>
>>7180627
>mix them with vanilla ice cream
>notbad.jpg
>throw up afterward anyways
>>
Donate them to a local charity that feed homeless or food pantry type of facility.
>>
>>7180627
Definitely do not mix them in cans. That is not going to work out like your imagining. Just make some nice peach butter instead and then put it over some toast with some top shelf butter.
As for 8 can of cranberry "sauce," you're kinda on your own there. I mean, that's just generally a lot of sugar and I much prefer savory foods to sweet, so I'd probably donate it to a local food shelter or something.
>>
I eat them plain. Usually kill the entire can in one sitting because it's divine. Although you could either put them over turkey (hint: you can eat turkey at any time of year, there's no law that says thanksgiving only), put them with yogurt, maybe cottage cheese, or maybe like over a pound cake like strawberry shortbread only cranberry. If plain you can also top it with whipped cream. Or just keep them until next year.

>canned

Better fresh.
>>
>>7180969
That's where I got them. The food bank gives out a shitload of cranberry stuff.

>>7181071
What do you mean? The taste or it'll fuck up the actual jelly? Coz I was thinking of mixing cranberry jelly with homemade apple jelly and canning that. Maybe chutney with the sauce?
>>
>>7181071
Anon, it sounds like you are suggesting not mixing them with the apples when OP makes sauce. I disagree.

>>7182171
OP, If you are making apples sauce(or butter) and preserving it in jars with a hot water bath, cranberry sauce won;t bother it at all. It would just be a flavor issue for you to deal with. Make your apples, don;t add sugar or spices, mix in a can of cranberry, and see what you think. I bet it would work out nicely.
>>
>>7180627
Throw them out, go to grocery store, buy frozen cranberries and make your own sauce. this is /ck/ not /retards/
>>
>>7180627
Donate them to the food bank or something.
>>
>>7180627
i bet cranberry icecream would be neat.
>>
>>7180627
Just fucking eat it straight you child.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa9BHlN8EOQ
>>
i've been trying to figure out if they'd be good in a combination pie, kinda like rhubarb. i have frozen whole berries myself. they've got lots of pectin.

make hand pies and freeze for snackin?
>>
>>7180627

Eat with Turkey or Chicken. Mix with pineapple, cherries, apples, and walnuts for a really tasty Cranberry salad. Or Jalapenos for a spicy one. Use along with cream cheese and make your own danishes/pastries.
>>
>>7180627
hmm well lets see here

>cranberry pie/tarts/pocket pies
buy yourself some raw cranberries, remove the seeds, take a can of sauce and put in a stew pot on medium/low heat, stirring until it breaks down and becomes a liquid... mash it down if you're impatient, add a little water, add raw cranberries, add the zest and juice of one lemon being careful to juice the lemon over a strainer, bring sauce/lemon/cranberries up to a boil then simmer again on medium/low heat until the cranberries just start to soften up/absorb the sauce's sugar. Taste. if the taste is too bitter add a pinch of baking soda to the mix and stir it in well before tasting again.(I know it's crazy, but trust me on this. However, just a pinch at a time or you'll ruin it. remember, less is more). once you have this at the right flavor, take it off the heat and let it cool a bit. Prebake your pie shells with some foil lined around the inside to keep them from burning, just to get them halfway cooked, then add the berry mix to the shell, coat with your favorite crumble mix (personal favorite is brown sugar, butter, graham cracker, and oatmeal mixed to make a nice dry mix... so not too much butter here) and cook it up. Should make a nice cranberry pie/tart. if you're making pocket pies, just fill the dough, press, coat with butter, sprinkle with brown sugar, then cook. should come out awesome.

sorry about the formatting
>>
>>7182519
>>7182522
These are from the food bank and I'm making an effort to not waste food. Just because poor people are poor doesn't mean they should just eat the goddamn cranberry jelly straight from the can.
>>7182513
Thanks for the help! Main thing I was trying to figure out is if they would mix alright if I made jam or jelly or whatever. I have 40 pounds of apples I got for free.
>>7182749
That sounds super tasty! Maybe the cans of cranberry sauce would be good in pies.
>>
>>7183214
>Just because poor people are poor doesn't mean they should just eat the goddamn cranberry jelly straight from the can.
What the fuck does that have to do with being poor? There's nothing wrong with eating food out of a can. You can put it on a plate or bowl cut it into fancy shapes and put stupid toothpicks in it or whatever if it makes you feel better.
>>
>>7183220
Sorry, buddy, but I don't like eating cranberry-flavored sugar gel straight out of the can.
>>
>>7183331
That's better.
>>
>>7183352
Pardon me? Are you trying to imply you have personal anecdotes of American citizens living in poverty who love cranberry jelly? That'd be oddly specific, friend. Nobody likes cranberrry jelly unless it's Thanksgiving, that's why I inherited cans from other people and had cans piled on me from the food bank.

I know this is 4chan but do you really think it's necessary to argue the virtues of eating cranberry jelly straight from the can?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.