A bit early but I made these and they are festive enough to share mid-week.
So today's cook-along is Crinkle cookies.
125g 70% dark chocolate
4 table spoon unsalted butter
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 tea spoon baking powder
1/4 tea spoon salt
2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup icing sugar
1. In a bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. In a double boiler, melt the 70% chocolate and butter. Stir to combine.
3. Meanwhile, combine the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract in the bowl of a mixer.
glad to see someone is reading.
5. Your chocolate should be melted now. Take off the heat to cool for a minute.
You could totally make this with baking chocolate. As is they turned out just shy of too sweet.
6. Once the chocolate is no longer scalding, pour it into the eggs with the mixer running on low.
Vodka. Super easy to make, way better (I find) then the commercial extracts. Plus you can use the pods for other things (just cycle in new ones). I tend to get 2 good productions out of a handful of pods (as in, I'll start it, use it to 70-75%, top with more vodka and then use it all).
7. Add the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
8. Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
Then stick the whole bowl in the fridge for 2 hours.
9. Once your dough has chilled, pre-heat the oven to 325F.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Spoon out dough and roll between your palms (aim for roughly golf ball sized).
Put the powdered sugar in a shallow bowl and Roll in powdered sugar and roll the dough in it. Roll between your palms again to remove the excess.
10. Bake for 13-14 minutes. They will be very soft and look a bit underdone, this is normal.
Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet before moving to a cooling rack.