[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Portuguese food vegetarian friendly? Me and my girlfriend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

Is Portuguese food vegetarian friendly?

Me and my girlfriend are planning on going there next summer, but she's veggie and from what I've gathered there's a lot of fish based dishes but not much in the way of stuff suitable for vegetarians like other Mediterranean countries such as Spain, Italy, Greece and Turkey.

Or is it okay for vegetarians as long as they have tapas (or whatever the Portuguese equivalent is)?
>>
I'm a vegetarian 98% of the time. But I suspend my eating disorder when I go to a nice restaurant or travel to a foreign country. It just seems like a really bad idea to be picky when you are trying to experience something new. Consider killing your girlfriend.
>>
>>7179379
The thing is, I've been to Greece where even I've disregarded my meat eating in favour of awesome vegetarian dishes like saganaki, spanakopita or moussaka. But it just seems like all there is to eat in Portuguese restaurants is fish.
>>
>>7179364

t. Alberto Barbosa
>>
File: epic.jpg (29KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
epic.jpg
29KB, 500x375px
we got veggie places and options here, in the most metropolitan/posh areas at least, but if you're definitely adamant in remaining vegan while here, you're gonna miss out immensely

t. António Silva
>>
WE
>>
>>7179364
My girlfriend and I

Also You and your """girl"""friend should probably end your pathetic existence
>>
File: caldo-verde.jpg (30KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
caldo-verde.jpg
30KB, 400x300px
Have some Caldo verde and hold the Chorizo.
>>
>feed a vegetarian food make with chicken broth
>it's the best thing they-ve ever taste
>they ask for the recipe
>"It's a family secret"

Me 1 - 0 vegetarians
>>
>>7179364
In Portugal they make nice vegetarian soups. The meat stock they use as a base makes them extra tasty.
>>
>>7180169
>My girlfriend and I

RETARD ALERT

RETARD ALERT
>>
even in /ck/ I cannot escape memes >>7180166 >>7179400
>>
>>7181136
?
>>
Fish is suitable for vegetarians you spastic.
>>
>>7179379
>I'm a vegetarian 98% of the time. But I suspend my eating disorder when I go to a nice restaurant or travel to a foreign country. It just seems like a really bad idea to be picky when you are trying to experience something new.
This is how I roll as well. I have been to Portugal, and hung with Portuguese expats in North America. Their food is simple, but good. The best of it is not vegetarian friendly. Going to there and staying veggie is missing out.
>>
>>7181497
That's pescatarians, kid.

t. pescatarian
>>
>>7181610
no, pescatarians can eat vegetables, milk, fish and pesca, which is a type of hungarian smoked pork sausage popular in the southeast of the country
vegetarians can just eat vegetables, milk and fish
>>
File: dfim9xmqlaphdhil.jpg (25KB, 349x466px) Image search: [Google]
dfim9xmqlaphdhil.jpg
25KB, 349x466px
>>7181628
>>
>>7181136
Thanks for alerting us to your retardation.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.