[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Risotto

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (37KB, 520x347px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 520x347px
Can I make risotto with sushi rice or just regular white rice or is this a bad idea? My grocery store doesn't have Roma or baldo rice. I've only made it once before, it was Ok but not that good. I'd like to try again. I have some nice fish stock I need to use up. I honestly am somewhat intimidated by risotto. Thanks.
>>
parboiled rice
>>
>>7178935
Get the right rice. Just do it.

related fuck up: I made risotto once. It was coming along great. I added half the amount of cheese that was called for in the recipe, and it turned into inedible cheesy goop. I should have just made plain-ass risotto.
>>
>>7178935
Yes, it works. Done it myself.

You can make it with any rice indeed. You just need to adjust the amount of liquid and the cooking time (it will take longer with a long grain, so you want to keep the temp on the low side)
>>
>>7178976
>>7178998
>>7178976
Thanks guys..I'll go ahead and give it a go and see what happens.
>>
>>7179005
np, just make sure to have enough hot stock (or hot water if you run out of it) around. Hope it works fine.
>>
>>7178984
That happened because of the risotto cooled down to quickly when you added the cheese. Nex time room temp cheese (dry cheese btw) and little by little, and butter always helps.
>>
Sushi rice is the only one I use for risotto, it's actually way more creamy than official risotto rice, to the point that you barely need cream to obtain the desired texture. Name of the brand was Shinode.
>>
>>7180568
Second the sushi rice.
>>
>>7178935
I used to work next to an italian-themed restaurant style cafe and became a close friend of two fo the chef's sons and his cousin. The secret to a classic risoto is 2 use small pasta noodle's and not rice or even use grain or pasta roni instead of rice. At that italian-themed cafe they used pasta roni on it and it had won a golden choice status and was featured on Roadside Dinner Outposts starrign Guy Fieri w/ special guest rapper Ludacris.
>>
>>7181024
Not op but Wow, never heard of this. Next time I'm out shopping I will look for this type of pasta. All the rice a Roni around here has seasonings in it already..I think. Either way, sounds kinda good. Thanks.
>>
>>7181052
I mean pasta Roni
>>
>>7181024
That's not a classic rissoto. RISSO-to

That's a pasta "rissoto".
>>
>>7178935
If you can't find arborio I'd say sushi rice is the next closest thing
No idea how it will turn out but it's worth experimenting with
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.