[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does this board have any 'sticky type' information

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

File: food_prep_and_cooking-300x199.jpg (21KB, 300x199px) Image search: [Google]
food_prep_and_cooking-300x199.jpg
21KB, 300x199px
Does this board have any 'sticky type' information or resources? I want to stop being a pleb.
>>
The google
>>
>>7178381
well. alright.
>>
>>7178381

OP:
>does this board have a purpose?
YOU:
>nope.

Good going, faggot.

ck.booru.org
>>
>>7178429
Like a bunch of retarded vertical recipes are really doing to teach anyone the basics....
>>
what do you know how to cook already?
>>
>>7178377
Ask questions and get answers, that's how we work
>>
>>7178377
If you don't know how to cook, you won't be able to discern between real advice and trash around here. And around 90% of the advice you'll get here is trash, either because its pure bullshit, or because it is given by people that can barelly cook.

So be carefull.
>>
There's a /ck/ booru, but it doesn't have tons of content.
>>
>>7178377
/ck/ does need a sticky.
Eventually this board will be nothing but shit-posting, Jack shilling and bait.
The board needs cleaning up as well, the mods are weak.
>>
>>7178377
No just learn cooking techniques here and practice practice practice practice practice. you need to read (or be taught) and then ACTUALLY apply it. Take notes (mental), you're going to fail, learn from mistakes and succeed

www reluctantgourmet com
www reluctantgourmet com
www reluctantgourmet com
>>
>>7178698
There is far too much information to try and make a sticky. People just need to use google and learn.
>>
>>7178707
Fucking this.

Not like the circklejerking stickyfags care. The only care about getting their shit advice pinned.
>>
>>7178698
New as fuck
>>
File: gamer.jpg (77KB, 550x413px) Image search: [Google]
gamer.jpg
77KB, 550x413px
>>7178716
Wrong.
There is a sticky being written.
>>
>>7178726
You're fucking hilarious.
>>
>>7178716
It's meme spouting faggots like you that are half the problem with this board.
I wish you'd fuck off somewhere else with your shit posting and leave us to discuss cooking topics like adults.
You're a fucking cancer.
>>
>>7178734
Oh jeeze, it's the
>4chan is srs bsns
guy again.

You're all incredibly new and it's awfully obvious.
>>
>>7178734
I fucking hate jack threads.
>>
>>7178734
I do help very often in threads with actual questions, but no one has an obligation to spoonfeed helpless morons.

TL;DR
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+do+I+start+cooking
>>
>>7178726
>There is a sticky being written.
God I hope not.
>>
>>7178758
Maybe by him, but not anyone important. Cooking is incredibly broad and subjective. There are also a serious amount of resources for beginners already out there. This isn't some niche, hard-to-find subject were talking about.

These children are just lazy.
>>
>>7178770
Exactly.

If you're too lazy and incompetent to use google, you deserve to starve or continue living on fast food and frozen dinners.
>>
>>7178774
So why do we need /ck/ then?
>jack threads
>instant ramen
>meme food
>ad nauseum
>>
>>7178783
What we need is an active mod/janitor to delete all the bullshit threads so those of us that are actually here to talk about food and cooking can do so in peace and the faggot kids will lose interest and all go wander off to some other boards to puke their memes all over the place.
>>
>>7178783
Did you forget what website you were on?
>>
>>7178377
eggs and frying pans will give you most of the techniques you will ever need.
>>
>>7178377
Season your egg quarters dawg
>>
>>7178707
I don't agree.

A sticky could be a good idea as long as it covers the basics, as in basic cooking techniques, basic utensils and their uses, etc.
>>
>>7179010
As if there isn't thousands of other places to find that information
>>
>>7179015
And yet we keep getting the same basic questions. With a sticky at least we could send them to read the fucking sticky
>>
There has been a lot of demand over the years but the mods flat out ignore it and we're not organised enough to start up a wiki or something.
>>
>>7179170
http://4chan-ck.wikia.com/wiki

Have at it, children
>>
We need to split this board into /food/ and /cuisine/
>>
>>7179170

>there has been a lot of demand over the years

Ha, no.

>the mods flat out ignore it

They've flat out said that if /ck/ puts it together they will make it a sticky.

>we're not organised enough to start up a wiki or something
>we

Everyone here who knows what they're talking about know that a /ck/ sticky is a stupid idea, and something we don't need.
>>
The only thing /ck/ could possibly agree upon for a sticky would be the following:

>Want to learn to cook? Pick up a fucking cook book, read it, and follow the instructions inside. Eventually you will learn to cook.
>WA LA!
>>
>>7178707
You don't have to put everything in the sticky, you know. Just some of the most requested basics.

That said, I gave up on the sticky. Too many anti-sticky fags shitting up the board for no real reason.
>>
>>7179273
fuck you and your fancy book learning bullshit, just watch a youtube video and copy that instead
>>
File: TPB_RIcky_400x400.jpg (20KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
TPB_RIcky_400x400.jpg
20KB, 400x400px
>>7179493
>book learnin
>>
>>7179451

>you don't have to put everything in the sticky, you know, just some of the most requested basics

>i just got kicked out of the basement/left for college, give me easy shit to cook
>tell me how to make instant ramen taste good
>which fast food place should i go to today
>i don't have any money, what do
>i'm drunk/high, and even though you have no idea what i have available to me, tell me what to cook
>type out your best recipe for x,y,z, because i'm too lazy to google it, look at a few things that might be alright, then come back to ask actual advice about how to best go about my game plan

>too many anti-sticky fags shitting up the board
>for no real reason

You must have just come here for the first time in the past month, right? Let me guess, you're a /sw/ exile?

Sticky posting has almost become a form of shitposting at this point. Telling new posters to fuck off already when they bring it up, again and again, is self-moderation.

The main point is that nobody would agree on anything, so trying to get together and come up with a sticky would just result in an endless back and forth of opinions about the best way to do things... But wait, that's what the board is already about, at it's best.
>>
>>7179527
>nobody would agree on anything
fuck you, yes we would
>>
>>7178454
basically the sfw boards of 4chan in a nutshell.
>>
>>7180656
No.
>>
Here is the archive for the verticals. Enjoy!

http://ck.booru.org/index.php
>>
>>7180858
The booru is complete shit.
>>
File: gamer-small.jpg (2KB, 80x29px) Image search: [Google]
gamer-small.jpg
2KB, 80x29px
The sticky IS coming.
You faggots are gonna have to deal with it.#
Personally I think it's a good idea and applaud those anons who have actually contributed to this board in a positive manner.
If you don't like it you can always leave, you won't be missed.
>>
>>7180872
Then post better OC to add to it.
>>
>>7180877
Vertical s are crap designed for people with learning difficulties.
I hate them.
>>
>>7180882
Then post better non-vertical OC to add to it.
>>
>>7180882
I've come to accept them. I've found there are a few people I work with who ask a complicated question and they get confused when I send then an email response more than 3 lines. Instead of reading the email I spent 5 minutes typing out, they just ignore it and then I get a second email 3 weeks later with the same question and a "please advise" which is corporate speak for "you dropped the ball". That's another thing about these people - everything is always someone else's fault.

After a while you can tell the kind of person they'll be in the first few emails. Simple punctuation errors, "effect" vs "affect", and stuff like that. You'd think maybe it was verbal vs visual learners, right? Wrong. You try to explain the same thing verbally and they get angry within about 30 seconds and say stupid shit like "is this Bob's fault? He's always screwing things up". No you stupid cunt, it's not someone's *fault*, not everything works that way.

ADHD pills and coddling have resulted in a lot of people who are qualified to live adult lives on paper, but in reality are in no way capable of looking out for themselves. You'd think maybe oh, no problem, they're just dead weight, society can handle dead weight, right? But no, they poison organizations and bring them down by trying to fit in. If they literally did nothing at all, it would be much better.
>>
>>7180873
Oh, really? Show us the draft, faggot
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.