[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Noodles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 11

File: noodles.png (188KB, 302x371px) Image search: [Google]
noodles.png
188KB, 302x371px
Bought some dirt-cheap noodles at the store.
They're allegedly meat-flavored.
What can I do to spice them up.
>>
>>7176449
Add seasoning.
>>
File: ramen.jpg (741KB, 1000x2900px) Image search: [Google]
ramen.jpg
741KB, 1000x2900px
>>
>>7176449
Things I do:
toss some frozen broccoli in while it boils
crack an egg into it during the last minute or so
drain and dump a small can of chicken in after its done
put some baby spinach in the bowl, which I then pour the broth and noodles over which will wilt the spinach

Its not gourmet or anything but it'll make an actual meal out of your ramen
>>
Season, drop an egg in at the tail end of boiling. Adds protein.
>>
File: SpiceWeasel2.png (170KB, 408x432px) Image search: [Google]
SpiceWeasel2.png
170KB, 408x432px
>>
add the spice of life
>>
>>7176449
Diced mushrooms, onions, garlic salt, Tumeric, COCONUT oil.
>>
>>7176449
Buy them some sexy lingerie/toys.
>>
>>7176746
>using all that good shit on cheap ass noodles
>>
>>7176449
Take out the flavour packets from all five of them and dump them into a single serve of the noodles.

Post results.
>>
>>7176449
black pepper, garlic powder, chili flakes
>>
>>7176479
>drain and dump a small can of chicken in after its done
>can of chicken
What?

That's kind of like canned bread in that I'm surprised it actually exists The difference is that I've actually heard of canned bread before.

>>7176825
Ramen is noodle soup. This is how to make a decent soup that has the ramen noodles in it.
>>
Melt 200 g butter on a low-medium heat
Add flour slowly whilst stirring until the mixture no longer stirs as a liquid.
Begin slowly adding milk (buttermilk for extra flavour) and stirring quickly for 15 minutes.
Once the mixture reaches desired consistency (it thins to a more liquid-sauce state as you add milk and heat, but always reduces a bit more upon standing before serving), add salt and pepper to taste, tsp garlic powder or half tsp chilli flakes.

If you dig meat add a little stock, like a pork or chicken stock cube or 2 level tsp of vegetable stock powder

Season to taste and serve with your shitty noodles.

Or next time just be a man and boil some diced potatoes (with the skin on), mash them with basil and double cream, and use the sick ass gravy-sauce-besch stuff you just learned to make and put it all over the mashed potato.
>>
>>7176825
more like
>using tumeric with subtle flavours like garlic salt and mushrooms
>>7176449
Steam 1lb of half-n-half pork until around 50 internal temperature, let it rest
take it out, save the water underneath
slice and stir fry pork with <insert any combination of black pepper, onions of various colours/flavours, shrimps if you're a sick fuck who gives zero shit about culinary discipline> and a shitload of soy sauce (or just some soy paste if you can find it)
boil the broth again with any frozen vegetable you want, add whatever you have in the pan in there alongside the noodles
>>
>>7177929
why dont I just eat a stick of butter you fat fuck
>>
>>7176460
Oriental flavor gets me every single time.
>>
>>7177932
>he prefers carbs over fat

Disgusting.

Other than potatoes and pasta when I'm going to be using a lot of calories intensively, I eat fat all the time, from animal and vegetable sources.

Don't eat bread or rice or noodles except as a treat or if you're doing physical things.
>>
>>7177918
I find it impossible to believe you have never heard of canned meats.
>>
>>7177918
I use this in my cooking.

Ask me anything.
>>
Human.
>>
>>7177948
>the only alternative to fat is carbs
kill yourself
how about instead of using butter, milk and cream like how fuckwit hack confectioners abuse caramel, you just use actual meat
a pound of meat contains less fat than a stick of butter, more flavour than a stick of butter, less carbs than starch-based foods, and meat can easily carry various dishes with the blood content alone.
maybe if you didnt have to grease up your fatfuck lips for your boyfriend's dick you'd explore actual foods
>>
>>7177967
Friend I think you are overestimating how much butter is in 200g butter for five goddamn packets of noodles.

Portions would be 40g apiece.
>>
>>7177967
>a beschamel, one of the pillars of cuisine, is just like "a fuckwit hack confectioner"

Ok
>>
>>7177967
You can make gravy with "just meat", now?
>>
>>7177986
You heard me.
Also, not an actual pillar of cuisine. Plenty of cultures get by without worshipping milk products or eggs.
>>7177995
You can yield a fairly strong brown broth with just vegetable oil (just enough so the pan doesn't run dry), black pepper, pork and soy sauce. The consistency will be thin compared to others, yes, but the taste is there.
>>
>>7178000
>brown broth
Fuck you and fuck your broth. Broth is not, and will never, ever be gravy.
>>
>>7178006
ok.
>>
>>7177949
Canned tuna, chicken, spam, and the ground beef in a chilli can, sure, but canned chicken all on it's own without the rest of the space filled with chicken soup? Not so much.
>>
use stock or broth instead of water thinken with a cornstarch slurry
>>
Miso paste, tofu, and fake crab/ other surimi.
>>
File: cannedchicken.png (127KB, 331x189px) Image search: [Google]
cannedchicken.png
127KB, 331x189px
>>7177918
>>7179668
>Canned tuna, chicken, spam, and the ground beef in a chilli can, sure, but canned chicken all on it's own

you've heard of canned chicken but not canned chicken? Aight weirdo
>>
File: eating chips joker.gif (499KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
eating chips joker.gif
499KB, 270x270px
>>7179811
Canned chicken only when it's part of a can of chicken noodle soup.

I'm running on less than an hour of sleep, and I've been doing things for almost 14 hours so far. Give me a break.
>>
>>7179823
have you not heard of other canned meats as well? Chipped beef, potted meat?
>>
>>7177959
why do you hate yourself?
>>
File: making pizza rolls.gif (2MB, 289x163px) Image search: [Google]
making pizza rolls.gif
2MB, 289x163px
>>7179829
Only spam (which, if you trust the label, is apparently a kind of beef) and various kinds of fish.

Any terrestrial meat I've seen in cans has always been mixed in with something else like chili, soup, or some kind of cracker spread.

Well... now that I think of it, I'm getting the odd image of a can of flaked ham, so I /might/ have come across it before. I'm still not getting anything for beef or chicken.

That said, I need to catch some shuteye. I'll leave my tab open.
>>
>>7179811
Tinned chicken is an American thing.
>>
>>7179811
Not that guy, but I have never seen cannes meats.(other than luncheon meats)
>>
>>7180315
spam is pork. spam = spiced ham.
>>
File: Costco.png (261KB, 1829x504px) Image search: [Google]
Costco.png
261KB, 1829x504px
>lived off of like $3-10 CAD a day. (once a week i would get takeout value meal.)
>still managed to buy noodles that cost $.80-.90 cents.

Cheap as fuck noodles are never worth it, the noodles will have a shit texture and the flavoring is gonna be basic bitch garbage. your probable gonna get sick and shit your brains out too (my room-mates did but they were buying dollarama brand noodles ((das right man dollar store brand instant noodles @ $.40)) )

an egg or two dropped in at the right time along with some garlic+oninon powder will really help enhance the meal.

>>7176460 infographic is pretty accurate for things to put in it to up the quality. Ichicban beef & shrimp flavour/ Nissin Chicken flavour are nice brands of noodles. mama noodles can be pretty decent as well.

Good luck senpai.
>>
File: tom waits.jpg (149KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tom waits.jpg
149KB, 1000x1000px
>>
>>7180518
>in enough quantities, the ingredients are toxic!
what a stupid fucking picture, this is exactly how anti vaccine people talk.
>>
>>7180518
>it
I'm pretty sure not all instant noodle brands are the same.

I pick up some cheap noodles from the asian supermarket whenever I'm downtown and I know they only have like half that much sodium.
>>
>>7180323
We have it in Australia but I've never tried it. Apparently it's not as bad as one may imagine.
>>
>>7176460
Honestly doing this just reminds me how cheap and shit the noodles are.

Just boil up dat water and add the seasoning packet
>>
>>7180518

>Mercola.com

kek. It's just a matter of time before they claim that oxygen must be poisonous since it rusts iron.
>>
>>7180518
IT CONTAINS TBHQ TBQH, SENPAI
>>
>>7176449
minced meat goes fucking great with ramen
>>
>>7180799

Wait until they find out about di-hydrogen monoxide. That shit is deadly as fuck.
>>
>>7180518
>TBHQ
>acute toxic effects include nausea, vomiting, tinnitus, delirium, or a sense of suffocation
>not death
This is an incredibly weak toxin, and the effects from the capsaicin in the spice packet will probably be more severe.
0/5 would not poison again.

Out of interest, I checked the nutritional information on a packet of MAMA-brand noodles I had in the cupboard. This baby is made of like 70% wheat flour, and contains 1754 kJ (419 kcal) of energy in one packet. I'm not sure what you could even make noodles out of to get zero nutrition. Plastic?
My noodles contain even more sodium than Mercola's, though. If I'm reading these numbers right, we're talking a whopping 5.4 grams of salt.
I don't get why they're even bothering with the lies. Surely, it should be possible to make instant ramen sound unappetizing without depicting MSG as a deadly neurotoxin.
>>
>>7177996
>I don't know what I'm talking about so here's a hyperbole in which my answer is the only rational one :^)
Kill yourself.
>>
I don't understand why people try to "improve" instant noodles

If you're gonna go to all the trouble of adding quality vegetables and meats, why not just use good noodles and broth instead of instant shit
>>
>>7180518
>does not contain any nutrition
>contains sodium
uhhhhhhh

Also, this is more than likely referring to the spice packet that is included, which no one in their right mind uses for the actual noodles, at least not the whole packet. Shit does help with seasoning other food though.
>>
>>7182088

For me, at, least, it's a matter of the time involved. It takes literally seconds to grab some veggies, meat, or an egg out of the fridge and add to the soup.

On the other hand cooking better noodles takes a long time waiting for the big pot of water to come to a boil.
>>
File: IMG_20151218_174835641.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151218_174835641.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
So I was wrong about the spam. It's just a spam-like container that apparently comes from Brazil.
>>
File: 1425752749818.jpg (193KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1425752749818.jpg
193KB, 1280x960px
>>7176449
>they're meat flavored
>allegedly
>>
>>7180518
>Exposure to 1g of TBHQ can cause nausea and vomiting
Exposure to 1g of caffeine will cause death.

>2,700mg
So...2.7g?

This kind of hyperbolic pseudo-scientific bullshit is worse than the straight up anti-science twats. At least that bunch are too stupid & ignorant to understand what they're doing.
>>
>>7182650
Statistics tell the story that the narrator wants.
>>
why do people bother spending $3 on extra ingredients for their 20 cent noodles instead of just buying the $2 noodles that taste good on their own?
>>
>>7182666
Unless the audience actually understand how to read statistics, or is aware of the information that's being omitted.
>>
>>7182688
because $2 noodles are still just carbs that STILL require other ingredients to be a meal
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.