[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A few days ago I saw the best cooking advice I've ever read

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: tabanero-hot-sauce-eggs.jpg (39KB, 585x392px) Image search: [Google]
tabanero-hot-sauce-eggs.jpg
39KB, 585x392px
A few days ago I saw the best cooking advice I've ever read on /ck/ and think it deserves a thread of its own
Here's what you're gonna do OP. Listen carefully because this is very important advice. Lots of people think cooking is all about complicated recipes, big cookbooks and arduous effort. Really it's more of an innate thing.

Learning to cook is much more simple, so pay close attention to what I'm going to say. Are you listening?

Fry an egg and experiment with various seasoning. This will give you an idea of what flavours go well together which is the most important quality in cooking. Fry an egg, cut it in quarter, season each quarter differently. Try one with cayenne and, I dunno, chives? Just experiment with lots of seasoning combinations.

Then fry another egg and repeat the process. Keep frying eggs and experimenting until you get a good idea of what works. You can eat 3-4 eggs in a day, heck you're from /fit/ so probably 6+. If you eat 6 eggs in a day, that's 24 egg quarters, 24 seasoning combinations in a day. You're talkng about 1000 seasoning combinations in just over a month.

At this stage you'll be a spicemaster and what/how you cook wont matter because you'll be better at seasoning than 99% of professional chefs, and this WILL make you a good cook.
>>
>>7176258
Except that was stupid. Learning what tastes good with eggs is not going to help you with what tastes good with the infinite amount of other foods you will need to be pairing those same things with.

>heck you're from /fit/
lolfuckno
>>
>>7176281
>not going to help you with what tastes good with the infinite amount of other foods

So repeat the process for other foods. It's not that hard....
>>
I've only been doing it for 4 days. I'm already better than 96% of professional chefs by my calculations. If I keep this up I don't know that I will be able to contain my power level
>>
>>7176309
I don't think its hard. But if the entire point is that you are doing this just with eggs, you aren't actually learning anything more than just what goes good with eggs.

>>7176319
haha
>>
Started doing this yesterday and it has increased my cooking skills by at least a million percent
I cooked dinner for my family last night and it was so good my dad killed himself because he said he had finally tasted God and can die happy
I opened my own restaurant today and I was awarded 3 Michelin stars before lunch was over
Now I have a line of people waiting out back who are willing to trade me sexual favors to clean all of my restaurants dirty dishes with their tongues
Thnx anon and keep up the good work!
>>
>>7176258
yea i like to eat eggs too
>>
File: 1390678626917.gif (2MB, 420x236px) Image search: [Google]
1390678626917.gif
2MB, 420x236px
>reposting this thread
WHY
IT'S FUCKING SHIT
FUCK I'M SO MAD
>>
What kind of eggs should I use?

Locally I only have access to quail eggs.
>>
Not that anyone will really 'learn how to cook' by doing this, but if you were going to do this kind of experiment to see how spices taste together, why use eggs? Making a huge batch of polenta, grits, or mashed potatoes to serve as the 'canvas' for your flavor tests would be quicker, easier, cheaper, and be even more neutral than fried egg.
>>
>>7176441
Kawasaki m00t has apparently also managed to fuck up the Report Post captcha, so we can't even do that.
>>
>>7176258

YUM YUM YUM I WOULDN'T SHARE THIS WITH A BUM
>>
>>7176447
Quail eggs are great, I've only had those at Brasilan restaurants, churrascos.
>>
>>7176309
>Just eat 6 steaks a day
>Just eat six vegetable stir fry's a day
>Just cook 6 roasts a day
>Just whip up six different aiolis a day
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.