[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

December 27th is National Fruitcake Day in the U. S., but you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: fruitcake_tin.jpg (280KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
fruitcake_tin.jpg
280KB, 1200x1200px
December 27th is National Fruitcake Day in the U. S., but you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be eating plenty of that delicious cake before then.

How can anybody not love fruitcake?
>>
>How can anybody love fruitcake?
Fixed that for you.
>>
File: Fruitcake.jpg (76KB, 620x375px) Image search: [Google]
Fruitcake.jpg
76KB, 620x375px
>>
rum cake>fruitcake
>>
>>7175403
mother makes xmas cake every year. soaks fruit in a ton of rum starting in september bakes end of october and lets it mature till christmas. fruitcake without liquor is dry and worthless
>>
>>7175455
Your mother knows her stuff. Proper homemade rich dark fruit cakes are god tier. Unfortunately many other industrial versions don't even come close. Some of the worst I've tried are those with the multi coloured glace fruit on top. Wth they don't even bother to prepare the fruit properly which leaves a bitter aftertaste.
>>
Who /cream cheese spread/ here?
>>
What's a good recipe for fruitcake? I've never gotten to try it.
>>
File: image_0.png (751KB, 1274x1308px) Image search: [Google]
image_0.png
751KB, 1274x1308px
>fucking plebs don't like a food cause its a meme not to
You people are just as bad as the "omg wtf bacon so good with everything" fags
>>
>>7175403
fruitcake is fucking disgusting
>>
I made a fruitcake last year which I've been spraying with rum periodically. I'm going to break it out on Christmas.
>>
I actually love fruit cake, even the shitty storebought stuff. I don't eat it because it has too many calories. Same reason I am not pouring eggnog down my throat.

We are mostly sedentary now so we should develop lower-calorie food traditions. Stop taunting me with delicious things I can't have.

I mean, you can't buy just one slice of it, you have to buy a whole cake. And no one else likes it so either I eat it all or it goes to waste. Why no single-serving options? I get this with food so much. I just can't eat the bulk sizes of stuff they sell.
>>
>>7175621
>he doesn't have friends and family to share fruitcake and egg nog with

Look at this guy who's all alone for Christmas. look at him and laugh.
>>
>>7175621
>develop lower-calorie food traditions

Or you could just eat smaller portions.

>>you have to buy a whole cake
Shop around. I regularly see small-size fruitcakes as well as half and quarters for sale in my local markets around this time of year.

>> And no one else likes it so either I eat it all or it goes to waste.
Why not save some and eat it later?
>>
I've never had fruit cake, so this year I finally picked up one from Collin Street Bakery which is supposed to be amazing. I'm excited, hoping I can break into it tonight when I get back to the family.
>>
>>7175455
This is how I make fruit cake as well.
Actually, I start way back in June, when cherries are in season. I make what we call "Cherrybim", which is cherries (pitted, of course), soaked in rum for months. The old timers here would use the cherries in fruit cake, and then use the resulting cherry "brandy" as a cold medicine, lol. Anyway, I digress.....
So, I use the cherrys from the cherrybim, plus the other fruits, which I start soaking at the end of Setp/beginning of October. Then, I bake the cake at the beginning of November, wrap it in cheesecloth and place in a well sealed container (no plastic). Every other day, I pour more rum over the cake, until Thanksgiving. Then I make sure the cheesecloth is well soaked with rum, rewrap the cake, and let it age until Christmas.
It's probably the most popular thing I make at Christmas, everyone goes nuts on it. I make 2 kinds, one with rum, and one with whiskey.
>>
>>7175403
aka... Obama/Clinton supporter day
>>
>>7175621
Fruitcake is very freezer friendly, so you could always cut a section off for now, then wrap it well (first in wax paper, then in foil) and freeze the rest for later. I do that with my fruit cakes after the holidays, because I always make more than we can eat. Fruitcake in February is awesome.
>>
File: 1421355792655.jpg (141KB, 803x688px) Image search: [Google]
1421355792655.jpg
141KB, 803x688px
>>7175836
>>
>>7175832
I read this in Garrison Keillor's voice. Fruitcake made from homemade liqueur cherries sounds really good, m8.
>>
File: linseedy.jpg (99KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
linseedy.jpg
99KB, 1024x768px
>>7175836

12/27
it's my birthday
maybe I'll get this but probably have to do with fruitcake
>>
>>7175621
Being sedentary is bad even if you change your diet to fit your lifestyle
>>
>>7175403
Because frosted fruits are the spawn of the faggo tree.
>>
>>7175403

America is probably the only shitty place that offers such a bland and horrible white people tier holiday desert such as this. Someone post the cake that Japan offers during the holidays. It blows this shit tier American "desert" out of the water times twelve.
>>
>>7175403
This is just like the hurr broccoli is bad meme. Why do we let welfare peasants who can't cook dictate what should and shouldn't taste good
>>
>>7176293

I think most countries have their own version.
>>
>>7176293
I hope you don't mean a strawberry shortcake, which is just a sponge cake iced in whipped cream with strawberries.

Strawberries OUT OF SEASON

WHO THE FUCK EATS STRAWBERRIES IN THE MIDDLE OF WINTER
>>
File: ahsw.jpg (6KB, 217x233px) Image search: [Google]
ahsw.jpg
6KB, 217x233px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qfeg0HGMG28
>>
>>7176333
Caribbean black cake is awesome. The fruit is macerated until it becomes a pulp, so the resulting cake has a different consistency than the jeweled-looking type of fruitcake.
>>
I actually had some topkek today because they give it to you on coach buses here in Turkey, and it got me into them beyond the fact that holy shit it's called topkek.

I'm in finals mode, I won't be home for Christmas, this feels like Christmas even though I've never eaten one on Christmas
>>
>>7175455
I do the same thing, but with brandy.
It's really just an excuse to buy myself a bottle of brandy in September and withdraw from consciousness for a week, but I get four or so fruitcakes out of it for the many different family events I go to.
>>
>>7175574
I think the reason is that most people have only ever gotten those cheap shitty fruit cake. Real fruit cake is actually pretty expensive and labor intensive.
>>
>>7176293
>cake packed with tons of fruits, spices, and booze

>bland

pick one
>>
>>7176293
>white people tier
>Someone post the cake that Japan
a black racist weeaboo?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.