[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do i into good meatballs? any tips?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_4.jpg (30KB, 401x231px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_4.jpg
30KB, 401x231px
how do i into good meatballs? any tips?
>>
Easiest thing to make. Garlic and parsley are key IMO everything else you can just wing depending what you like
>>
Soak breadcrumbs in milk.
Always add an egg to the mix.
>>
Half cook the meatballs at a high temp in a different pan with onions and a little bit of olive oil, then finish cooking them in the sauce.
>>
>>7175163
Just watch this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AENsMiobLmc
>>
>>7175163
>how do i into good meatballs? any tips?
Don't overwork/overgrind the meat. Think of it like burger, gently patted together.
I add ground sirloin (not too much fat), chopped mushrooms, garlic, onions, celery, red bell pepper, fresh parsley, bread crumbs (homemade coarse) and salt/pepper. That's the basic recipe. You can italianize them with herbs and romano/parm addition, or even some minced olives or sun-dried tomatoes.

Pan-fry to brown, or bake and turn when crust forms. I go light on the sauce, as well.

Swedish or asian meatballs, where I'm using poultry, pork or veal? I grind finer and I feel free to put all the additions in the food processor quite fine.
>>
>>7175245
what the fuck
>>
>>7175163
half pork, half beef, panko breadcrumbs, egg, garlic, parsley/basil, maybe some onion powder, parmesan cheese
make smaller balls and drop into sauce in the last 15 minutes or so of cooking
i find frying first dries them out too much
source: italian grandma
>>
>>7176809
he wants that meat ball
>>
>>7176843
>panko breadcrumbs
>source: italian grandma

The only use for panko is for coating before frying. You literally know nothing and should stop talking about food at all.
>>
>>7175167
>Garlic and parsley are key

Came in to post this 2bh
>>
>>7175163
1 lb beef
1/2 lb italian so-sitch
3/4 cup italian bread crumbs
1/4 cup parsley
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
2 eggs

You may add seasonings such as garlic or onion powder but it's up to you. Mix it up and salt and pepper the outside and fry in olive oil over medium heat browning on around.
>>
>>7176989
you know a lot of people add ACTUAL BREAD to their meatball mixtures?! the horror!
>>
>>7177005
Indeed. Soaked in milk is the top tier way. You could also use stock, or water if you don't have any of those.

But panko has nothing to do in meatballs. It's just the worst kind of snob ignorance there is.

Shake my head to be honest
>>
As far as a pork component I'd strongly recommend Johnsonville italian sausage. If you can't find it by the pound then buy the links and slice open the casings for the desired amount.

If you decided to go a little lighter then I'd replace the beef and pork sausage with ground turkey. There's no shame here.
>>
>>7175163
Honestly, nothing beats this recipe:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FiRjxaNTWM
>>
>>7175163
italian here
not to sound too cliche but my grandma makes the best ive ever had

>italian meatball mix, good beef, pork and if you can get it veal
>lots of grated onion
>lots of parsely
>breadcrumbs soaked in milk
>parm and a little romano
>a little garlic
>egg
>splash of water, helps keep them tender and moist

brown them and then add them to suace
>>
>>7177752
forgot
>a pinch of salt
>white pepper
>black pepper
also you can easily sub the red meat for chicken
>add green onion
>some extra cheese
>and even more parsley

the chicken ones go great with Italian style cabbage, risotto, or in a soup
>>
>>7177769
part 3

you can also add good Italian sausage in with the chicken

also some people like to lightly bread them before pan frying, I usually don't but it comes down to the dish and personal preference
>>
>>7175163
get quints
>>
>>7177752
>>7177769
>>7177774
last one I swear
jus to be clear when I say a lot of onion i mean A LOT OF ONION. Its really a key
>>
>>7177781
I lied actually
a splash of olive oil if you're doing something lower fat like chicken

red peeper can be added for some kick

and obviously cook them in olive oil
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.