[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking for a cool cooking gadget to get a relative

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: o-CHRISTMAS-COOKING-570.jpg (64KB, 570x380px) Image search: [Google]
o-CHRISTMAS-COOKING-570.jpg
64KB, 570x380px
I'm looking for a cool cooking gadget to get a relative since they said they want cooking supplies, any ideas of what I can get that's $50 or less?
>>
Cool
>>
Useless without more information.

Are they a coffee snob? A nice french press or a burr grinder for their beans.

You also need to consider pooling with someone else for, say, a sous vide cooker, if they like really rare meat.
>>
>>7176452
this

there are only about a million options out there, we need more info
>>
>>7175010
Tactical grilling apron.

Google it, fag.
>>
>>7175010
A wooden cutting board!
>>
File: 311MMWnagEL._SY400_.jpg (10KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
311MMWnagEL._SY400_.jpg
10KB, 400x400px
Get a Misto.

Its a device where you can put oil like olive oil in, pump it and mist food. Amazing for grilling and fish. It also uses less oil and keeps you fr9m having to buy expensive asrosol cooking sprays.

You can garnish the gift with a bottle of nice olive oil.
>>
The stainless steel soaps are really cool and they work quite well. I've Had mine for years. I love it and will buy another. They are usually 20 bucks or less. So you can still get them something else.

Here's an Amazon link. There are many different brands. They make neat gifts.

http://www.amazon.com/Blomus-63113-Stainless-Steel-Soap/dp/B00008W6A5
>>
>>7176481
"Merry Christmas. Enjoy your spray bottle, fag."
>>
File: 51hNNiMLQRL._SY450_.jpg (4KB, 113x450px) Image search: [Google]
51hNNiMLQRL._SY450_.jpg
4KB, 113x450px
>>7175010

Get one of these. Seriously. They're awesome.
>>
>>7176514

Why bother? Just touch your faucet, sink, a spoon, etc. Most kitchens have plenty of stainless steel objects around. No need to buy one of those silly bars.
>>
>>7176557
Because that doesn't work or remove fish and garlic Odors like this does. I have one that was given to me as a gift. They do work. I don't know how exactly though. Something to do with supposed negatively charged ions and the positive charge of the water. They are usually all rated pretty well too. Like >>7176514 said, it's a neat gift to receive, or at least I thought it was.
>>
>>7176572
>Because that doesn't work or remove fish and garlic Odors like this does

Sure it does. There's nothing magical about that bar, it's just a piece of stainless steel that someone stuck a high price on because some customers don't know any better.

>>They do work
Yep. As does any other piece of stainless steel. Why drop $20 on that when you could just use a spoon? (or whatever else you have in your kitchen that's stainless)
>>
>>7176572
I read that and also that these "soaps" work by binding the sulfur compounds found in substances such as onions and garlic. I don't know if that's true or just marketing BS. My dad, who is an avid fisherman, uses one. He swears by it for fish hands. It's the shape, like a bar of soap, that makes it easier to use than a stainless steel spoon or pot and pans. I don't think there is anything special about them per se' other than the shape but they are nifty.
>>
>>7176622
20 bucks or LESS...You can get them as cheap as 4 bucks. I was just showing OP something that I thought was a neat gadget, that's all. I posted the link so OP could see what I was taking about. There are all kinds of brands. They don't have to drop 20 bucks.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.