[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a Spainfag currently visiting Australia on business

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 4

File: 2006_yellow_tail_shiraz.jpg (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
2006_yellow_tail_shiraz.jpg
49KB, 500x500px
I'm a Spainfag currently visiting Australia on business and, on the consult of a colleague, I tasted a local «wine».

¿Can anyone explain to me what is wrong with these people? This is even worse than the «cheese» I tried in the EEUU.
>>
I expect if you asked that colleague what beer you should try, he would recommend VB.

I'm saying he's not advising you well.
>>
>>7174110
You tried a $5 bum wine.
Try pic related instead.
>>
>>7174110
It's a sick wine for sick cunts you fucking poofter
>>
>>7174110
Prison colony founded by people from a culture that hates good food. What did you expect, I'm genuinely curious.
>>
Now tell us about how their beer is piss 'cause you tried fosters
>>
>>7174132
American here, I've been tricked by the "you just haven't had a *good* Aussie wine yet"

Protip: no such thing. Same goes for new Zealand (a province of Australia)
>>
>>7174110
Lindeman's is a relatively cheap southeast Australian wine, and it's infinitely better than Yellowtail.
>>
>>7174141
Like American's rant and rave about their beer but many Europeans can hardly stomach it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDSv7q_x5Kk
>>
>>7174152
Not sure your point, I'm not really that partisan about beer. I prefer European wine most days. What's the YouTube link?
>>
>>7174141
>>7174152
The quality of American wine is similar to that of Australian wine. Best had young, not particularly delicate, just (arguably) pleasant and unassuming.
>>
>>7174167
So in otherwords, they're both shit?
>>
>>7174110
Did ya also try some foster's m8, and one of them bnloomin' onion thingos cobber? it's dinky-di, I swear, fair dinkum
>>
I have no problem with shitting on 'straya, but that's like going to the States, trying Budweiser, and then starting a thread about how disappointing American "beer" was.
>>
>>7174175
For you.
>>
>>7174141
>Same goes for NZ

Stay mad aussie fag. NZ wine is miles ahead of Australian filth.
>>
>>7174196
That kind of shit post I'd expect FROM an Aussie, not a Kiwi.
Did you even read the post?
>American here
>>
>>7174196
You arr rook same and your wine too
>muh otaygo
Shit tier
>>
>>7174141
Who are you to argue with Robert M Parker, Jr?

http://www.foodandwine.com/articles/the-parker-report-australia-now
>>
>>7174141

yarra > napa
>>
>not drinking cool climate pinot noirs

There's one problem. And we have a million micro breweries, admittedly doing too many pale ales, but you'll find something to suit.
>>
>>7174110
wine is super expensive there i would assume, portuguesefag here and i'd assume spain is similar, you can get a pretty decent wine in the 5-10euro range, in that range in australia i'd assume you can only get bum wine
>>
>>7174204
I've generally found it best to do the opposite of what that guy suggests
>>
>>7174214
That is true for most alcohol because it is heavily taxed, but local wine producers actually get tax breaks. New Zealand wine gets the same tax breaks because of trade agreements.

But the decent stuff starts at around the equivalent of 15 euros. That is, if you have a taste for new world wine. If you don't, you simply won't like any of it.
>>
>>7174200
>>7174203

Im not from New Zealand, but NZ wine is excellent
>>
>>7174219
You should model your life on that.
He suggests stopping at red lights, you shouldn't.
He suggests he doesn't touch kids...
>>
>>7174208
Same hot boozy crap
>>
>>7174235
He says he's not a child molester?
That's like saying "not racist but..."
>>
>>7174152
>two manchildren who can only stomach Bud Light to begin with as a prime example of refined palates
>>
>>7174110

You drank the shittiest, cheapest Shiraz possible. A wine type that in 95% of cases is disgustingly tannic regardless of cost.

Spend $20+ on a blend, ask about what's decent. If you were recommended Yellowtail, suspend all business ties. I didn't know it was even sold here anymore, thought it was export only.
>>
>>7174196

Ah yes,

>so did you want the sauvignon blanc, or the sauvignon blanc?
>>
>>7174338
It's not even sauv blanc
New Zealand province of Australia ruins sauv blanc the way California SSR ruins pinot noir
>>
>>7174110
I seriously doubt the wine I can buy in a Floridian grocery store for $9 is the best Australia has to offer.
>>
>>7174110
Fun fact, the Casella family who own Yellow Tail actually made their fortune growing weed

http://www.baka.com.au/nsw/lawyers-guns-money-the-sting-in-yellow-tail-20101029-177i1.html
>>
>>7174211

I think the new trend of producing wheat beers is way, way worse.
>>
>>7174879
>wheat beers
>new trend
Are you a time-traveller from the past?
>>
>>7174132
another 1 for penfolds 28
what type of wine do you like op? unless you're baiting i am happy to advise you on some good regions for the different wines.
>>
>>7174933
>unless you're baiting
Isn't it obvious?
>yellowtail
>somebody recommending yellowtail
>"I'm totally Spanish guys, look at my fluency in english but I still use the upside down question mark, I must be a spic rite?"
ffs
>>
>>7174905
There were very few compared to the pale ale/IPA trend.

>>7174879
I haven't seen that many new ones. I've noticed sours have become popular on tap at craft places. I honestly don't know why people drink them.
>>
>>7174939
you're right
>>
>>7174110
>yellow tail
I thought that was wine for sad spinsters?
>>
>>7174949
I think American style Pale Ale in Australia was much more than a trend, more a necessity. Small breweries had to get market share by appealing to a wide consumer base, pale ales were different enough to gain traction but plain enough to appeal to 'normies'. Many regional breweries still feel compelled to have a very plain pale ale in the line up to appeal to local normies.
>>
>>7174338
Pm this, we can't make reds for shit. Sometimes we go a lil nutty and produce a chardonnay
>>
If you want a quality Australian wine for a good price Brown Brothers is the best option.
>>
>>7174949

>sours

Oh christ, those awful things. I sampled one of those. It's the first time I've ever poured a beer out onto the ground at a brewfest. I couldn't get past the first three sips.
>>
>>7175000
manchild detected.
sours are the GOAT beers, enjoy your shitty triple cockstab ipa
>>
>>7175004

Not him, but sours smell like vinegar and taste even worse. Most Belgians and Dutch don't even thlike them. Just because you're a bandwagoning faggot doesn't make you a connoisseur.
>>
>>7175004
Manchild? I can confirm children don't like IPAs at all. I just forced mine to have a sip of my beer, and none of them liked it.
>>
>>7175015
I mean, i don't pretend that i'm a connoisseur, but sours *are* legitimately the best beers.
>most belgians and dutch don't even like them
>citations needed
>>
>>7174152
Looks like people who stick to carlsberg trying to drink stuff with actual flavor, minus the donut shit.
>>
File: Hop-Hog.png (117KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
Hop-Hog.png
117KB, 280x280px
>>7175000

I don't mind them, I'll just get a small one though. Usually preferable over anything with a title like HOPHEADZ or similar.

I'm wondering, it's been like 40°C here all week, do these wankers keep up the 'muh hops' thing through this or do they accept that sometimes a lager might just be acceptable?
>>
>>7175024
It's better not to drink alcohol when it gets particularly hot. You need to stay hydrated.
>>
>>7175027

Beer will hydrate you fine, just not as well as water. Anyway, moot point because I don't want to be carted off to jail for UnAustralian activities, so I'll keep at it.
>>
you probably got trolled
did they tell you about the drop bears as well?
>>
>>7175030
It's going to dehydrate you. This is basic drinking knowledge. You need to be drinking a shitload of water in between.
>>
>>7175080
You don't make the rules.
I can drink only beer for weeks at a time in the middle of summer and don't suffer for it.
>>
>>7175093
Sure.
>>
>>7175080
>It's going to dehydrate you
Only if you stop drinking.
>>
>>7175080

Fuck off cunt let the man drink in peace.
>>
File: 417[1].jpg (8KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
417[1].jpg
8KB, 205x246px
>>7175093
>>
>>7175093
and now i know why you were given the 2-buck-chuck.

>oi bazza, give the smelly spaniard the shit stuff
>righto bruce. let's hope he fucks off and don't come back!
>>
haha fuckin yellowtail man, im sorry for your loss.
>>
>>7175105
>implying they were the wog
>implying anybody can actually be a make-believe character made up for the purpose of shitposting
>>
>wine thread
>beer ''''people'''' can't add anything but post anyway
>>
>>7174110
thats camels piss m8
>>
>>7174152
This is like when I first tried crown royal when I was like....15.
Quite sad, m8; I bet they find Guinness to be exotic.
>>
Aussies are backwards
RƎƎƎƎƎƎƎƎƎ
>>
Here's a protip- if you can get a drink on the other side of the world and it isn't super expensive, it's probably not that good.

Yellowtail is pretty available the world over and half of their selling power is in the screw tops making resealing easy.

I know shit about Australian wine but I am sure as shit you could do better.
>>
>>7174110
>Spainfag
>I tasted a local «wine».
I think you're being willfully ignorant. Spain makes plenty of cheap, unoaked, heavy, fruity reds for the international market, in hopes they'll sell in the US, where neophytes lean toward cheap examples of New World style wines (fruity, high alcohol).

Sure, Australia, like California and Argentina specializes in wine that leans toward a Robert Parker set of values instead of a more French aesthetic. But judging all Australian wine by Yellow Tail would be like judging all Spanish wine based on a cheap oloroso sherry.

You should know better.
>>
>>7174110
France easily makes the best wines. It's a cliche, but a true one. Argentinian and Chilean reds are exceptional. Californian whites just keep getting better and better and will probably surpass France soon. New Zealand has potential, but has work to do. There are some decent Texas reds out there, but that's a personal regional bias.

Australia, Germany (you get a few point for your dry whites), Italy, are generally shit tier.
>>
>>7176026
>Texas trying to have an opinion about wine
I was almost going to reply seriously to your comments on Italy and Germany

Also South American wine is mostly linear one-note crap, the few exceptions tend to come from estates run by french handlers
>>
>>7174110

There is nothing wrong with Australian wine, for the sub £10 mark you can't beat it.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.