[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /ck/, can we agree on the best and worst of world cuisines?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 29

File: world-map-food-[1].jpg (342KB, 1480x987px) Image search: [Google]
world-map-food-[1].jpg
342KB, 1480x987px
Alright /ck/, can we agree on the best and worst of world cuisines?
>GOD TIER
French, Japanese
>GOOD TIER
Iberian, English, Malaysian, Brazilian, Peru
>OK TIER
German, Argentinian, Italian, Malay, Thai
>MEH TIER
Italian, Korean, Scandinavian, Slav
>Shit Tier
Amerifat, Chinese, Turkshit

Please add to the list whatever you think belongs here.
>>
>>7172114
>Shit tier
your taste in food
>>
>>7172114
Worst taste I've ever see
>>
>>7172119
>>7172117
amerifats detected. Enjoy your chunk of cheddar.
>>
>>7172114
Putting scandinavian on par with slavic? fuck you mang you dont know anything
>>
>>7172114
Fixed that for ya OP
>GOD TIER
American
>Shit tier
Iberian, English, Malaysian, Brazilian, Peru
German, Argentinian, Italian, Malay, Thai
Italian, Korean, Scandinavian, Slav, Chinese, Turkshit
>>
>>7172139
>puts English food on the list
>puts it in Good Tier
Oh geez i wonder where you're from

into le trash
>>
>GOD TIER
Food
>SHIT TIER
No food
>>
>>7172149
this 2bh familia
>>
File: 1287132391588.jpg (17KB, 430x331px) Image search: [Google]
1287132391588.jpg
17KB, 430x331px
>>7172114
Hold on a minute!

Why is Japanese God tier? . . .it's as bland as fuck!
Italian and Chinese should join France.
And where is Indian food? . . .this should be Higher than Scandinavian and Slav food!
>>
>>7172145
I'm American and I know this is bullshit kek
>>
>>7172114
Slav food is shit tier desu.
>>
>>7172191
>italian should be god tier
pizzas and pastas?
>chinese should join god tier
cooked dogs and rats?
>>
American food may be bland for some, but it shall not be put anywhere bellow good. It is good, in the way that it is a wonderland for those with a taste that is like of a kid.

Brazilian food is probably one of the best 'tho, it's a mixture of everything that is good from everywhere, lots of good meats, spicy. And it is a paradise for those who like seafood. Japanese food is way better in Brazil too.
>>
>>7172114
>Chinese
>Shit tier

Every country has examples of great cuisine and bad cuisine. Yes, even the Slavs/Russia
>>
>>7172199
You are probably American. Never tasted anything outside of your hick town.

Opinion discarded.
>>
>>7172114
OP pls, just let me adjust that for you

>GOD TIER
Chinese, Mexican, French
>GOOD TIER
Iberian, Malaysian, Peru, German, Malay, Thai, Korean
>OK TIER
Argentinian, Turkshit, Slav, American, Japanese
>MEH TIER
Scandinavian
>SHIT TIER
Italian
>>
>>7172210
this is actually pretty accurate. never understood why the fuck is Italian cuisine so overrated. Been there last year for a few months and I thought it was very so so. Unless it worsened recently.
>>
>>7172210
>OK tier
>Slav
>>
>>7172210
>>7172214
Bullshit.
Mexican food is just a one-off . . .tried one, you've tried them all.
Slav food is as poor as fuck, far worse than post-war Britain.
Italian food is good but Italians can't cook and their cuisine is better made by French or Brit chefs.

Please explain Peru and Argentina?
>>
Anyone who rates Chinese food as anything less than good is probably a hick

People tend to forget China is about the size of the US with just as much regional variation. It's poorly represented in the west outside of the West Coast since it's mostly fried horseshit to cater to American palates.

There's a reason there's a massive amount of michelin stars in Hong Kong, not to mention a long prestigious culinary history in China
>>
>>7172214
This. Like, I don't legitimately think that any cuisine is ACTUALLY "shit-tier" per se (well maybe British cuisine but I've even had some okay meals there, London has a great food scene). I've had some okay to pretty good food in Italy, but it goes in shit-tier simply because it's so fucking overrated.

Everyone on the fucking planet fellates pasta and tomato sauce like it's going out of style. I just don't understand it. I never, EVER get hungry for Italian food.
>>
>>7172232

Never been to Peru but judging from the cookbooks I've read the food seems like a very light version of Mexican food with an emphasis on freshness and seafood.

Not to mention a bunch of the world's best restaurants are there
>>
>>7172237
>any cuisine is ACTUALLY "shit-tier" per se (well maybe British cuisine
Falling for the memes.
>>
>>7172232
Mexican food is fucking incredible you chode. Have you actually been to Mexico? There's a reason they're the most obese country on earth. Their cuisine is highly variegated and regionally based. Srsly pls commit sudoki-doki

Also
>implying pierogis and sauerkraut and dirty Slavic food isn't bretty good in that homely way

pls
>>
>>7172241
Did you even read the rest of the post?

I have been to the UK and eaten a good amount of food there.

Their traditional food reminded me of what my Ohio mother made as I was growing up. Simple, stick-to-your-ribs fare that lacks some elegance but is good in a basic sense.

But I wouldn't rate it anywhere even close to any of the rest of the food on the list. Compare a British meal to something you can get off the streets in Thailand and it's not even a contest
>>
>>7172243
>>7172240
Been to Mexico. The food is rather 'samey' there is not much variation, at all.

Never been to Peru but I can't see what is so good? . . . .been to Chile and it's like Mexico, marginal variations on the same stuff, overall pretty bad!
>>
>>7172247
Peruvian food is unique due to its abundance of regional ingredients which cannot be found anywhere else. It's delicious.

Also Chilean food and Mexican food aren't even marginally similar. They both make ceviche but that's about it.
>>
>>7172245
>Compare a British meal to something you can get off the streets in Thailand and it's not even a contest
Fair enough but I would hardly call Brit food 'Shit tier' there is a lot worse around.
>>
>>7172248
I never said Chilie and Mexico had the same food, what I said was they are similar in the fact that, any meal there is just a variation of the same basic formula! Hence 'samey'
>>
File: balandeliai-62102131[1].jpg (91KB, 900x595px) Image search: [Google]
balandeliai-62102131[1].jpg
91KB, 900x595px
The judgement of slavic food is unfair because communism has destroyed any potential for slavs to establish good restaurants across the world. Usually best slavic food is served in grannys house which is not really accessible for foreigners. Perhaps in some years we will get to see more proper slavic national cuisine round the globe, but for now its very rare to get the real deal.
>>
>>7172254
I have been to Poland and the Baltic States. The food their is pretty much what the meme for British food is. ie. Post war austerity. But in your case it's post communism austerity.

It's basic food and unlike Britain, it was never part of the 'Silk Road' and never really had access to the herbs and spices that the Brits did.

Nothing wrong with your food Slavbro, it's good winter warming stuff but it doesn't compete with finer cuisines from Western Europe!
>>
>>7172273
It's the best food in the world because that's what they like. All other concerns are irrelevant.
>>
>>7172278
I was being diplomatic and you decided to be a complete idiot.

Eastern Europe was/is devoid of spices but they like them as much as Western Europeans, it's just a matter of time. Stop being such a wally!
>>
>>7172273
I am not >>7172278 him. It was some other anon replying. I agree though about the access to spices for polacks and balts though.
>>
>>7172114
For me it goes

1. Italian
2. Japanese
3. Chinese
4. Thai
5. Indian
6. Mexican
>>
Maybe it is just because I like stronger or more heavily spiced food, but I really never understood the obsession with Japanese food. It always seems to be on the top of most lists tho.
>>
1. French
2. The rest
>>
Iberian and Chinese should be God Tier.

Italian food is overrated.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (289KB, 1400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
289KB, 1400x1050px
>>7172387
>>7172372
Thats because plebs like you dont even know how food tastes anymore. All you put on your plate is fucking spices and salt. More salt. Lots of salt. And fucking ground chilli. Then you can eat practically anything. Japanese cuisine is god tier because it is one of the few where you can actually taste the actual thing without a need to roll it in hundred spices and shitload of salt.
>>
>>7172114
>implying southern american soul food isn't at least mid-tier
Maybe if you're some faggot who only eats at shitty chain restaurants, you wouldn't know.
>>
File: okonomiyaki.jpg (92KB, 660x495px) Image search: [Google]
okonomiyaki.jpg
92KB, 660x495px
>>7172446
This, honestly. I mean, look at all this pure, unadulterated flavor.
>>
breakdown of italian cuisine.
>pastas
take wheat pasta. mix it with whatever you find in fridge. voila bon appetit ;^)
>pizzas
take wheat base. put on whatever you find in a fridge. Voila! Bon appetit ;^)
>tortellinis
take wheat pasta cups. Fill them with whatever you find in a fridge. Voila. Bon Appetit ;^)
>Votes number one cuisine in the world. >ISHYGDDT
>>
File: Greek+Night+[1].jpg (1MB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
Greek+Night+[1].jpg
1MB, 1280x853px
No mention of Greek cuisine. What does /ck/ think about it?
>inb4 pay debts.
>>
>Chinese food
>good

vile garbage,the only tolerable Chinese food is the Americanize version

Indian food seems similarly shitty but I've never been tempted to try off colored diarrhea
>>
>>7172491
I'm actually trying to figure out what greek food to order for lunch.
>>
>>7172465
that is fieri tier
>>
>God tier
Italian and French
>Good tier
German, Scandinavian, American
>Literally who tier
Everything else
>>
>>7172593
scandinavian is only food in the most technical sense, it's not something anyone would eat with any other options available
>>
>>7172597
>the "I only know smorrebrod" response
>>
>>7172609
don't let me put you off your lutefisk, buddy
>>
My top 5 (personal preference, I have to emphasise)
1. Italian
2. Spanish
3. Mexican
4. Chinese tied with British
Awaiting the shitstorm...
>>
>>7172617
>he's not a patrician
>he only eats McDibbidoublers
kek
>>
*** America Edition ***
>GOD TIER
Chinese-American
Southern
New Mexican
Hawaiian

>GOOD TIER
Italian-American
Tex-Mex
New England

>OK TIER
Californian
Fusion
Anglo-American

>SHIT TIER
Midwestern
Mormon
>>
>>7172254
Slavic cookbooks??
>>
>>7172642
soviet festive dinners are best dinners
>>
>>7172114
>God tier
North Indian
>Good tier
Greek, South Indian, Iranian
>OK tier
German, Italian, Malaysian, Hakka
>Meh tier
English, Japanese, Mongolian, Turkish, Ethiopian, Chinese
>Shit tier
American
>>
I can't fucking believe Vietnamese food isn't mentioned whatsoever. Its easily some of the most delicious cuisine ever. Loads of fresh herbs. Crispy fried shallots and pickled veggies in nearly everything. Come the fuck on..
>>
>>7172749
Trash cuisine tbf senpai
>>
>God Tier
Thai, Malay, Vietnamese, Indian, Cuban, Japanese
>High Tier
Mexican, Chinese (Sichuan/Guangzhou/Cantonese), Spanish, Iranian/Middle-eastern, Greek/Mediterranean, Italian
>OK Tier
American (Classic and new), French, Korean
>Bad Tier
British/Irish, most Mandarin cuisine
>>
What the fuck is up with this "french food is god-tier" meme ?

I'm French and I'd rather eat japanese or mexican food.
>>
>>7172114
>Scandinavian
>anything other than liquid baby shit tier
>>
>>7172446
Cantonese cuisine is literally 3 tier ahead of Japanese cuisine
>>
>>7172114
Why is it that every time I try this board, all I find is everyone being contrarian just to be contrarian?
>>
>>7173014

It's so light and intricate with an emphasis and the emphasis on super fresh seafood and keeping ingredients close to their natural state is amazing. It sucks it's barely represented in North America and garners this >>7172504
kind of reputation with people from Flyover states
>>
>>7172243

sketti is the best dish ever. there's a reason my whole family is obese.
>>
French cooking is so overrated it's Hitlerious.
Alcohol boosts your appetite and those frograpists drink 2 liters of wine l per nose at every meal, sure I'd munch down everything as well after that but I would not have the audacity to claim that my cooking is special.
Just fuck your list OP Frech cooking is a reddit-tier meme.
>>
french cuisine is so overrated
>>
>>7172679
POO
O
O
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-12-06-20h38m14s033.png (262KB, 720x408px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-12-06-20h38m14s033.png
262KB, 720x408px
>>7172871
>Not admiring your own countrys best invention ever
>>
>>7172114
Mars has a great underground that produces really dank schweinefleisch this time of year. You can get a platter for about twenty eight Victorian nickles.
>>
>>7173111
?
>>
File: 1421732469790.jpg (109KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1421732469790.jpg
109KB, 1920x1080px
>>7172114
>Shit tier
>Chinese
>>
>>7173260

that's the one thing he got right.
>>
>>7172866
>cuban, jap
>high tier

Also, Thai, Malay, and Vietnamese are all similar
>>
File: haram.jpg (50KB, 246x247px) Image search: [Google]
haram.jpg
50KB, 246x247px
>>7172114
>good tier
>English

Holy fuck, why do Brits think they are relevant in any way in the 21st century?

You have some of the worst cuisine on the planet. The only worse ones from the Western world might be Scandinavian and food from the American Midwest.

Beans on toast. Toast sandwiches. """""Great""""" cuisine.
>>
>>GOD TIER
>Thai, Indian, Scandinavian
>>GOOD TIER
>French, Persian, Italian, Greek,
>>OK TIER
>German, east African, Mexican, Chilean
>>MEH TIER
>Japanese, Chinese, "American", Turkish
>>Shit Tier
>Eastern European, English, Vietnamese

These are the only cuisines I know well. The meme about Scandinavian food being bad isn't even funny. Don't care how your shitty media portrayed it.

Not much is better than a sautéed reindeer kebab with rose pepper and lingonberry jam, or västerbottenpaj with grilled boar stew, or kaffeost with cloudberry jam. The list goes on.
>>
>>7173279

What flyover state you from?
>>
>>7172636
>shit tier
>mormon

You fucking take that back. I'm not a Mormon but I'd love to eat at Mormon's friends houses because their moms are excellent cooks, especially at baking shit.
>>
>>7175070
What would they bake?
>>
>>7172114
English so high? Bit risqué, but I like it. Postwar cooking gives them a bad rap, but it is generally simple hearty fare that relies on quality of ingredients and a bit of influence from the French.
>>
>>7172114
>God tier
Filipino
>Mediocre tier
Everything else
>>
I will defend the Japanese and Korean cuisines here.

Food like okonomiyaki (>>7172465) originated from war times. Where the starving japanese just mixed whatever and ate it. It then evolved into that.

Sushi on the other hand has been around for a while and imo is a meal if you eat it in Japan. The stuff they sell in the west is complete shit because almost no restaurants will focus on the star ingredient, the rice.

Korean food is still in the post-war era, where most people have not bothered to really experiment with the cuisine too much because koreans are xenophobic about eating different countries foods. In the past 5 years, international dining has started to take off and it is slowly growing. I have strong doubts if Korean food would ever be changed from what it is now. More fusion foods perhaps, but nothing radically different.

My list:

>God tier
Japanese, French
>Good tier
Brazilian, Mexican, Korean, Greek, Argentinian
>okay tier
Chinese, Malay, Thai, Turkshit, Slav
>meh tier
Italian, German,
>shit tier
amerifat, indian (poo)
>>
>mfw brazillian in USA
>nearest brazillian restaurant is 45 miles away and it's probably expensive as fuck
>no kitchen to work in(and even if I had, I suck at cooking sadly)

it's sad.

The worst part is the rice. How do americans eat rice with no fucking seasoning?
>>
File: 1449878961617.png (234KB, 445x354px) Image search: [Google]
1449878961617.png
234KB, 445x354px
>>7175165
forgot my face
>>
ITT I realized just how bad of taste most of /ck/ has

>i thought it was just a meme
>>
anyone that doesn't have french in the top tier is a pleb
>>
>>7175165
I see tons of threads of people asking for seasoning with rice. Personally I prefer it cooked with some salt and or butter but otherwise plain. I'll mix it in with whatever I'm eating it with though. Haven't had a flavoured rice that I really love yet.
>>
>>7172114

He doesn't even lists the spanish cuisine.

Irrelevant.
>>
File: AIDS.jpg (58KB, 525x673px) Image search: [Google]
AIDS.jpg
58KB, 525x673px
>>7175243
What is Iberian you illiterate nigger faggot?
>>
>>7175172
Nigga /ck/ has daily fucking threads on how to spice up instant ramen

if you still think this board has any semblance of taste you are delusional
>>
I really wish I can find a good french restaurant here in MD

Always wanted to taste it cause every nigga think its the pinnacle food cuisine
>>
File: 1367444410277.gif (1MB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
1367444410277.gif
1MB, 280x210px
>God tier
>Japanese
>>
god tier:
canada
shit tier: everyone else
oh shit nigger what are you doing tier: amerifat
>>
>>7172114
french food is oily and fat and horrible, so overrated I don't even
>>
>>7172254
>Usually best slavic food is served in grannys house which is not really accessible for foreigners.

The Germans managed it.
>>
ITT: Shitty retarded opinions.
>>
I love them all. I can't help myself. All cuisines go to god tier. The best gift gave to mankind.
>>
>>7172243

Mexican food is wraps folded in different ways with salsa, sour cream and guacamole on the side.
>>
>GOD TIER

Italian, French

>GOOD TIER

Mediterranean (including North African) and Levant Cuisines.

>Efficient Tier

Germanic and British Cuisines (including South Africa).

>Tolerable Cuisines

South American, Ethiopian

>"I'm not putting that in my mouth" Tier

Anything Asian

>>7172199

Italian cuisine is more broad than French cuisine you uncultured twat.
>>
>>7172468

There's a ton more to Italian cuisine than that.

First of all you completely omitted the North which has a ton of meat based dishes.

Secondly you omitted all the savory pies.

Thirdly you omitted all the breads. There's fuck tons of them. Italy is not just the king of pasta but also the king of bread.

Fourthly, you omitted all the rice dishes. And I'm not talking about the simple fare of rice you find in Asian cuisines where it is used as a carb source.

And just to show how much of an ignorant faggot you are, you forgot all the seafood and fish based dishes. You know Italy is mostly surrounded by water right? It's a peninsula.

And you forgot all the stews and roasts which are done in both traditional varieties with pork, beef and chicken and also with game meats that vary from region to region.

And I won't even touch on the desserts because there's too much to say but it suffices to say that each region has its own sweat pastry specializes among other things.

But of course your cheap "Italian" restaurant only offers you a selection of pizza and pasta. What do you expect? But that is not typical Italian food.
>>
>>7173111
Oh fuck off, Indian food does not contain poo.
>>7172504
There's way more options to Indian food than "coloured diarrhea".
>>7175144
You know you don't have to eat food cooked in the streets right, and that it is not a concern when you don't live in India?
>>
>>7172114
>god tier
French, no one has dissected the art of cooking like they did over a long period of time
>good tier
Mediterranean (including northern African), Japanese, south east Asian, Indian
>derivative or just plain bad tier
everything else
>>
>>7172114
>okay tier: italy
>meh tier: italy
your list is a joke and you don't even know what you're talking about
>>
>>7172871
this
i visit often, but i don't get the cuisine hype
>>
Haute Cuisines: Chinese, French, Indian, and Peruvian
>>
File: pao-de-queijo[1].jpg (34KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
pao-de-queijo[1].jpg
34KB, 500x375px
I would completely leave Brazil if it weren't for 3 thinks, Pão de queijo (pic), Pastels and coxinha. Gabiroba, mangaba too.
>>
>>7173506
Nice hyperbole, good thing you only mentioned meme foods, you sure showed all of us!

Fucking idiot.
>>
CHEF TIER
French, Italian, Japanese, Chinese

PLEB TIER
Everything else
>>
>>7172114
I really hope you doesn't count norwegian as scandinavian, norway can't cook for shit probably that's why every good restaurant in norway have a swedish chef
>>
>>7172491
I love Greek food. So many different flavors, I'm talking real Greek food, not fucking Gyros which originally came from the United States.
>>
I don't know how you can categorize different cuisine, I love them all for different reasons.
>>
>>7175981

Dakos is my favorite starter dish ever.
>>
>>7175981
>Gyros which originally came from the United States.
Bait or retard?
>>
>>7175994
My research was flawed, I stand corrected.
>>
>weebs thinking Japanese food even compares to European food
Hell, it pales in comparison to most other Asian food too.
>>
>>7176025
Eh, Jap food is pretty good honestly family.
>>
>>7176025
Fuck you. Jap cuisine is Elder God tier. Same with Chinese.
>>
File: -.jpg (87KB, 640x633px) Image search: [Google]
-.jpg
87KB, 640x633px
>English food in mid tier
>Implying anyone would take your opinion seriously after that

As for your opinion of American, I assume you've never actually been and are treating fast/meme food as American rather than, say, an excellent BBQ place.

I wouldn't rank American as top, by the way, but definitely not bottom.
>>
>>7172139
...chunk of cheddar? What?
>>
>>7176031
It's bland as hell
>>
>>7175966
Can't blame them. You can't grow fucking anything in that country. Hard to be good at cooking when it costs $20 for a carrot because your only option is to import them.
>>
>>7176089
Some of the side dishes are, sure, things like salted cucumber, radish quick pickles, etc. The Japs do a couple dishes exceptionally well tho, a beautiful bowl of ramen, yakitori with a nice cold beer, shabu-shabu, etc. There's more to the japs than just american sushi, friend.
>>
File: gretseria.gif (2MB, 134x135px) Image search: [Google]
gretseria.gif
2MB, 134x135px
What exactly is so special about French cuisine?

People always praise it as sofisticated, rich in flavors and the best in the world yet literally no one can name a single dish from this overrated shit.
>>
>>7176203
>get a load of this bait
>>
>>7176203
>sofisticated
>>
>>7176203

French cuisine is important not only by its own merit but you also have to consider the influence it has had around the world. The scandinavian and the english kitchen have a lot to thank the french for when it comes to cooking as well as the italians. Techniques that are used around the world originates from the french cuisine.
>>
File: 1446861318788.jpg (89KB, 516x598px) Image search: [Google]
1446861318788.jpg
89KB, 516x598px
>Mfw people like Indian poo the loo food
>>
>>7176153
I've had all of those things you listed and they're all bland. I'm not American, retard.
>>
>>7176323
So that's it? Because of influence? That doesn't make their food today more sophisticated than other countries.
>>
>>7176210
>get a load of this guy who can't prove him wrong
>>
>>7176349

What I'm saying is that french food have loads of amazing things that have spread to other countries cuisines. It's a bit too simplified to speak of "french" cuisine since the food is so varied through the different regions of France. The variation and high standard throughout the country makes France a leading nation in cooking.
>>
>>7176077
>>
>>7176203
Marseille Bouillabaisse. Single best seafood shit.
>>
>>7176382
Could you name a few techniques and dishes and explain their relevance?
>>
File: macarons-best-french-food[1].jpg (36KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
macarons-best-french-food[1].jpg
36KB, 500x333px
>>7176203
macarons
>>
India should be from god tier
>>
File: 1400256240275.jpg (61KB, 470x353px) Image search: [Google]
1400256240275.jpg
61KB, 470x353px
>>7176485
>tfw I only know this fish soup because of Harry Potter
>>
File: LAN-Pied-a-Terre-Dish-1[1].jpg (56KB, 646x485px) Image search: [Google]
LAN-Pied-a-Terre-Dish-1[1].jpg
56KB, 646x485px
Also, french are the masters at food presentation
>>
>GOOD TIER
>Brazilian

I'm not sure about this since I eat Brazillian food everyday...
>>
File: ib_p002_0_2.jpg (123KB, 800x597px) Image search: [Google]
ib_p002_0_2.jpg
123KB, 800x597px
>>7176525
Feijoada is overrated but basically everything from the state of Minas is really good. Also those desserts like brigadeiro and bicho-de-pé.
>>
>puts English in good tier
>not putting Mexican in god tier
THIS THREAD IS FUCKING B8
>>
>>7172114
>japshit
>god tier
It's bland, boring and simple food that even a fucking 10 year old can make. Japshit is newly graduated art student of food. He paints a shitty Jackson pollock and tries to pass it off as experimental.
>>
>>7172114
Let me fix that for you fag.

>God tier
Chinese, Turk, Italian, French, Spanish
>Good tier
Thai, Indian, Mexican, German, Viet
>Shit tier
Errything else.
>>
>>7175607
Your left hand said otherwise...
>>
File: an-ode-to-the-chip-butty_1 (1).jpg (134KB, 705x397px) Image search: [Google]
an-ode-to-the-chip-butty_1 (1).jpg
134KB, 705x397px
>GOOD TIER: English

>pic related

TOP KEK
>>
Behold! The national cuisine of Great Britannia!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irdmKcBjcpg
>>
>>7176471
That's actually a type of packaged cake product. Still disgusting to eat it like that, but not as gross as just eating a brick of cheddar.
>>
>>7177661
Here's your (you).
>>
>>7172114
I've been all over the world and there isn't a single cuisine I don't like. I like them all so much it would be impossible to rate them. I don't know how people do it.

That said, norway and sweden are terrible.
>>
>>7175144
>Argentinian

Can you explain?
>>
>>7177585
I use water jets. Hands free experience bruh.
>>
>>7172491
Best appetizers in the world desu senpai
>>
>Chinese
>shit tier

What the actual fuck am I reading? Kill yourself, OP, you fucking faggot.
>>
>>7178463
I generally don't care for Swedish cuisine (too much dill!), but pytt i panna is usually really tasty
>>
>>7172114
it really depends on what you're ranking

modern fine-dining is virtually indistinguishable from country to country in the western world (aside from slight regional influences i.e iberian, south american, nordic)

Cuisine is one of the areas in which globalisation is so apparent. In modern high-level restaurants, I would say the only real categories are

>western
>japanese
>asian
>hispanic

although in the majority of places fusion is common
>>
>>7172139
Cheddar is British you retarded faggot.
>>
>God Tier
Literally everything that poor people invented, except in Japan.
Expensive raw fish.
>Good Tier
Japan poor people food.
>Shit tier
The bourgeoisie's warmed up animal flesh.
Asparagus in butter.
>>
>>7172199
>pizzas and pastas
>entirety of experience with italian food is derived from pizza hut

>>7172139
have you ever had a good cheeseburger (inb4 fast food=american food eurotrash)
>>
>>7179834
Found the communist. Shouldn't you be somewhere else, pretending you understand Das Kapital?
>>
>>7172114
>English
>good tier

I agree. Here's a good English recipe I've always loves:

1-slaughter meat in accordance with halal rules so as not to offend the Prophet Mohammed (pbuh)
2-boil meat for 36 hours
3-grasp at your fading culture as you are overrun by the very people your ancestors enslaved
4-attempt to maintain veneer of superiority as your nation slides further and further into a disneyfied laughingstock
>>
>>7179854

you forgot step 5: keeping your turds in the toilet (/pol/) where they belong.
>>
File: USA.png (454KB, 500x562px) Image search: [Google]
USA.png
454KB, 500x562px
You knew it was coming
>>
Anyone try central american food. I personally like pupusas revueltas and fried plantians with salvdoran cream
>>
>>7180067
I wish I liked plantains because they always look good but they are bland as fuck
>>
>>7172114
Im british but i think british food is shit tier. How come you or some others think its good? What dishes are there?
>>
>>7180019
the thing that always amuses me about this picture

is that anyone who's actually watched the show knows that Ginsberg (the top guy) was the better man in this episode and Don was being a stubborn prick throughout

so there's really a sense of irony to this meme
>>
>>7176347
Your tastebuds are clogged with grease and sauce and spices. Use a tongue cleaner and try some japanese food again.
>>
>>7176500
Macaron... Shacaron

Eedueedudbuudu
>>
>>7176341
Because its rich in flavor
>>
I dont understand how french cuisine is god tier and then everyone goes on to literally name dishes and show plating of shit that you would only get at a celebrity chef restaurant. This should be ratings for cuisines based on the type of home cooked food or street food that you get there. Everyone saying french food is god tier is some basement dweller who watches cooking technique and history videos but has never left their country. Even in Paris, my experience with french cuisine was just a baguette sandwich. It was good but not god tier. Tasted like Jimmy Johns.

Actual god tier:
Japanese
Mediterranean
Chinese, like authentic sichuan, holy jesus
Pooinloo, especially north pooinloo
Korean
Thai
Italian, authentic italian like tuscany food
Cajun and midwest
Brazilian

Decent tier:
Mexican
German
the small southeast asian countries that derive similar cuisines to thai, like malaysia and vietnam

Dont have much experience with south american cuisines besides brazilian. Nor do I have any experience with east european.

Everything else is irrelevant.
>>
>>7175517
I'd just put some exeptions to the "anything asian" but apart from that you're spot on.
>>
>>7180861
>stop using centuries worth of culinary knowledge to make stuff taste good
Might as well go fully raw then mate. Your opinion is shit.
>>
look white people thinking they have food culture
>>
>>7180894
Well, why didn't you actually go to a fucking french restaraunt? The reason french food is so good is because of the cooking techniques used, which are often complicated and time-consuming. This is inherent to the style of cooking.

When I was in Paris I was able to find several affordable restaraunts that had absolutely fantastic food, including items that we Amerifats call delicacies.
>>
>>7180941
Lol check out this minority thinking his culture wasn't manufactured by white people to keep him oppressed
>>
Alright cockmonglers, time to explain to you the deal with french cuisine.
Yes, french cuisine doesn't seem that exotic to you; that's because france was in the middle of europe when it was most relevant. It's influence is rooted in other's countries cuisine for a long time.
Depending on the region of origin, most french dishes are shared ownership with bordering countries. Provençal food has similarities with north italian, alsacian with german food, ect.
The biggest thing that's truly french left in cooking is sauces. Lots of different sauces with minimal recourt to spices.
I've got nothing against spices, but they kind of define a sauce by themselves. Asian food in general have lots of sauces too, but remove the sauces primarly defined by a specific spice and there's not much left.

In retrospect I wouldn't place french cuisine at all on that kind of list. Its influence is too present for it to feel unique (apart from the specific styles of different provinces, but then we're going to separate france into little boxes like the claps do, and we're not large enough for the internet to care).
>>7180894
Even in Paris, my experience with french cuisine was just a baguette sandwich.

I wouldn't even call a baguette sandwitch french in particular. Having an overview of french cuisine in such a multicultural *cough* capital as paris is actually hard.

Imo, since we refer to chinese cuisine as one entity when it's so large, we should talk about european cuisine at least, combining italian, french spanish and german.
And there you have it the only array of cooking styles you'll ever need to taste.
>>
File: 1450393185116.jpg (78KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
1450393185116.jpg
78KB, 640x427px
>>7172114
>>GOD TIER
> French,Chinese(Hunan, Szechuan), Indian
>>GOOD TIER
>Iberian, Italian
>>OK TIER
> Argentinian,Filipino, Thai, Nip, Korean
>>MEH TIER
>Persian, Georgian, Lebanese
>>
>>7172254
>sriracha lettuce wraps

whud de fug u cummykneest
>>
>>7180739

Well ginsberg ended up cutting his nipple off and getting hauled to the looney bin while Don continued to stack paper and bang sluts and made one of the most iconic ads of all time. Nobody even mentioned ginsberg after he left kek. Just like if any euro country ceased to exist, Americans wouldn't even notice.
>>
>>7172199
Please tell me that was a joke.
>>
>>7172114
OBJECTIVE LIST COMING THROUGH

>GOD TIER
French, Japanese

>GOOD TIER
Spanish, German, Thai, Italian, Korean

>OK TIER
Brazilian, Peru, Argentinian, Malaysian, Chinese, Turkshit, English

>MEH TIER
Scandinavian, Slav

>Shit Tier
Amerifat (some parts of american can go in all tiers, not god tier though)

I'm British.
>>
>>7177661
Don't knock it 'til you've tried it. Big, salty chips, plenty of butter, good white bread.
Thread posts: 183
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.