[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have $32 left in my bank account and I don't get paid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 9

File: Untitled.png (998KB, 810x670px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
998KB, 810x670px
I have $32 left in my bank account and I don't get paid until the 24th. How to best spend my money until then?
>>
Rice, beans, frozen veg, small amounts of cheap meat
>>
Cigarettes and vodka.
>>
>>7170046
nuffin but ramen
>>
beans and rice

rice and beans
>>
>>7170074
this
>>
$32 for a week and a half is ez mode OP, stop being stupid.
>>
Fresh meat and produce.

Find an ethnic super market, they usually have the cheapest.
>>
>>7170074
this
>>
A gallon of bleach
>>
File: 1448577721184.jpg (66KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1448577721184.jpg
66KB, 500x400px
>He can't get free food at christmas

Come on man.... this is BY FAR the easiest time of year to score cheap eats

Lots of food banks fill up fast now because of festive guilt. ANYONE can go to these places and pretend to be hungry.
Christmas trees. Richer people often put a christmas tree outside with candy on it, so just hop a fence and grab some candy canes. Great treats
I inspect every snowman for gumdrop eyes/buttons and sometimes steal a carrot from the nose as well
Stores give out more free samples at this time of year so grab them
Another good tip is to steal gingerbread men. I know stealing isn't easy but Gingerbread men tend to be flesh coloured so if you tuck one into your sleeve you can wave at people without them noticing, they will just think the button eyes are warts and won't want to approach

Come on man, its fucking easy
>>
>>7170046

Go to a food pantry, problem solved.
>>
File: 13379849084.gif (481KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
13379849084.gif
481KB, 500x375px
>>7170270

>Gingerbread men tend to be flesh coloured
>brown as fuck
>>
>>7170046
>>7166680

>>7164507

If only we had several threads per week asking this question
>>
>>7170270
>I inspect every snowman for gumdrop eyes/buttons and sometimes steal a carrot from the nose as well

You are my hero. Something for all of us poorfags to aspire to
>>
>>7170270
>Stealing Frosty the snowman's nose.

And now we observe how being poor can actually be a state of mind as opposed to a lack of money.
>>
Go to the store and buy canned refried beans, cilantro, and tortillas. Chop the cilantro, put it in the beans, cook them a bit, put them in the tortillas and then bake. Go into a taco bell/similar and snag some sauce packets for flavor, they don't care.
>>
>>7170270
>Gingerbread men tend to be flesh coloured
DESIGNATED
>>
I have been in this exact situation.

first remove the money from your bank account and get it in 5s and ones so its a decent wad.

then assess your current state
>eaten today/not eaten today
>food in the house/how much

eat the food in your house, all of it, until there is nothing but spices.

reassess, see how much time is left. look at your options.
>friends?
>will they feed you
>can you get to a church kitchen/will you go

answer is no, then you go to the supermarket and wander around and just look at everything, buy nothing.

then get a bag of rice, not the big one but not the little one. get popcorn. in the jar. get cooking oil, the small jug. you should be up to $5. You're safe now. now keep wandering. buy eggs, get the ghetto 36 if they have em. keep just walking up and down, up and down.
>$7.99 now
look at the meat deals.
>can you cook y/n
if no, buy no meat deals that aren't ham, sausage or chix nugs. nothing over $3. NOTHING. buy two

if yes, buy two chickens for $3 each you are golden. immediately go to the fruit and veg and buy 5lb potates and 3lb onions and leave
>$19.87+tax if you did it right

now you have enough food for two weeks and enough money for a gallon of Carlo Rossi
>you're welcome
>>
>>7170046

> buy 30 one dollar banquet meals
> spend other 2 dollars on a loaf of bread
>>
>>7170046

Buy rice, beans, and pasta in bulk. Find some cheap tomato sauce. And try to locate some cheap chicken and vegetables. Like the other anon said, you can probably find the latter in ethnic markets for cheaper, and sometimes supermarkets have price reduced chicken because it's best before date is very near (but it's still good to eat).

If you're not a total fat ass that should be more than enough to last until the 24th. And drink lots of water, Merry Christmas.
>>
if you're white, you might as well get into shoplifting.
>>
File: 1449949773213.png (284KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
1449949773213.png
284KB, 736x736px
>>7170046
>>7170281
>>7171125
>>
>>7170074
this
>>
Considering that you almost have enough to eat fast food every day I'm amazed that you're actually worried. This leads me to believe you're stupid. Start managing your money better.
>>
>>7170046
>Go to atm
>Take out $32
>Eat the money
>It's got a rich texture
>Profit
>>
>>7170046

spend it like normal.

Get a cup, a cheap coat, a cheap blanket and just sit in the city centre.

Make 100 bucks a day easy maybe way more, that should at least cover your meals sucka.
>>
>>7170046
oatmeal for lunch, ramen for dinner
>>
Rice
Meat
Bullion cubes so you don't die of boredom
>>
>>7171756
Potatoes are cheaper, more nutritious, and more filling faggot.
>>
>>7170046
You need to survive for 9 days on $32.

1) Figure out where they'll be free food handouts. It's Christmas time, this means there'll be lots of parties and social events you could attend.

2) Eat all the food in your house, and only then are you allowed to go shopping.

3) A bag of rice will go a long way, as will a sack of baking potatoes. Both are cheap. A cheap carton of eggs will also be your best friend.
>>
>>7171786
He could always just eat lentil if he was desperate enough to eat potatoes
>>
>>7170270
fucking kek
someone cap this
>>
>32 dollars for 9 days
Nigga this shouldn't be an issue at all
If you're living by yourself you could probably make it last fucking 18 days if you tried
>>
>>7170046
32 dollars here left in my account but I have a fridge full of groceries. :D
>>
It's christmas nigger, move in with your family.
>>
>>7171107
>eat the food in your house, all of it, until there is nothing but spices.
bad advice, eat the spices too.
>>
>he can't last 8 days with 32 bucks

Nigga what, I'm able to spend a lot more money and still only come out at around 30 bucks a week. Without being on the rice and beans diet.
>>
>>7170046
You can get 36 packs of Maruchan ramen for 15 dollars
That leaves you enough left over for a steam game
>>
rice, lentils, vitamin pills, fish oil
>>
32 bucks for 8 days is easy mode as fuck. Americans are fucking worthless, food isn't only bought from Designated Fast Food joints you clappers!
>>
Buy food on your credit card. Pay it off when you get paid?
>>
File: kubrik.jpg (51KB, 792x612px) Image search: [Google]
kubrik.jpg
51KB, 792x612px
>>7170270
>festive guilt
>>
Pasta & butter.
>>
>>7171107
>tiny bag of rice and popcorn
>enough for 10 days
kekko

>36 eggs for $3
YEAH_OK.png
>$3 for a whole chicken
you are fucking delusional or live in Cambodia

You are literally retarded, that isn't nearly enough food for 10 days.

OP, I suggest you go to a food bank.
Do a job on Craigslist if you can.
Assuming there's no food bank, go to the store and spend two hours (literally) looking thru the entire shop. Make sure to look at everything. Check all the prices. Write down things that look particularly cheap to you. Go to all the groceries in town that day. Cross check the prices. When looking at it, think of it as a math problem. You need to make it add up to 2000 calories X 10 days = 20,000 calories and also consider that you need sufficient VOLUME in your food or you will be super hungry. Just be the least bit fucking resourceful and either get more money thru begging, borrowing, or working, or make do with what you have. This is really not that complicated.. not sure why you needed a thread for this.
>>
>>7170074
this desu senpai
>>
>>7170046
do you live in northern nj? let me buy you some groceries bro. i got hooked up when i was younger and poorer, by a stranger on the internet. i just wanna pay it forward.
>>
File: free food at christmas.png (47KB, 1033x262px) Image search: [Google]
free food at christmas.png
47KB, 1033x262px
>>7171811
here you go famiglia
>>
>>7170270
That's not even funny, pig.
>>
Giant pot of curry made with potatoes carrots onions and the cheapest meat you can find(probably chicken.) Use at least two of these:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/10451849?

5lb bag of rice. Once finished cooking, portion the curry out into 8 tupperware containers and freeze. Every day take one out, nuke it and pour it over cooked rice. Each container should give you 3 square meals.
>>
Rice - $1 per KG
Dry Pasta - $1 per 500g
5 kg of Potatos - $8
Cans of baked beans or chopped tomatos. - $.75 each.
Couple Loaves of bread. $1.20 per loaf
Some herbs and spice
Oil

3kg of rice, 5 bags of pasta, 5kgs of potatos, 15 assorted cans, oil and herbs and spices is like $30 if you buy it right. Couple loaves of bread on top. Done

Cook large meals for dinner, eat leftovers for brekky and lunch. Easy enough food for 10 days, not the healthiest bu certaily not as bad as easy mac or ramen. You'll be full and probably have food to spare once you get money again.
>>
>>7175017
>not using tomorrow theme
My god you are fucking useless, I'll screencap it myself
>>
>>7170046
cheap chicken (like nuggets or some shit)
rice

alright that's enough for a week, spend the remaining $10 on >>7170074
>>
I pack of pasta
olive oil
garlic
small pepper

Crush garlic clove and put in pan with oil and heat, chop up smallhot red pepper and put in with garlic.
Boil spaghetti with some salt, and when al dente drain off, then put in pan with oil garlic and pepper. Spaghetti aglio olio e peperoncino, classic Italian dish.
Repeat until 24th.
>>
File: cleese.jpg (8KB, 254x198px) Image search: [Google]
cleese.jpg
8KB, 254x198px
Burger King has a great deal going on now for chicken nuggets.

Eat at Burger King.
>>
>>7170046
>living paycheck to paycheck
you should buy a fucking clue m8
>>
Just buy eggs, they're cheap especially if you find a special and you can cook them a million ways. Plus they'll help you make sick gains bruh.
>>
>>7170046
Wendy's $4 meal deal.

JBC, 4 nugs, fries, drink.

Got me through my closing shift, what more can you ask for?
>>
>>7175619
this imo desu fa m
I don't know why ppl are yotsubafags.
>>
>>7170046

>8 days
>32 bucks
>problematic

nigga I been living off of four bucks for four days

since I'm a nice person I'll help you. buy the following: rice, lentils, couscous, potatoes, onions, carrots, cauliflower, chinese cabbage

all super cheap. you can make a few stir fries (with or without meat, your choice), you can make veggie soups, you can make just about anything and it's all dirt cheap.

>>7175655
>>7175796

>burgerland at work

kill yourselves
>>
>>7175256
>5 kg of Potatos - $8
where the fuck is that, in the USA? I live in eastern europe and our rice and pasta prices are roughly the same but I can buy a kilo of potatoes for 19 cents. Are potatoes that expensive in USA?
>>
>>7175016

doing god's job

>>7175050

good advice

>>7175256

also good

>>7175850

to add to this:

what I ate today~

-steam some big chunks of carrot and potato.
-sugar and salt them generously, wait for them to absorb the flavor
-assemble potato chunks, carrot chunks and onions cut in 1/8 in an oven proof bowl
(optional: add some mozarella cheese and mix it in with the veggies)
-sprinkle some wine over
-add a shit ton of cheddar on top

best poverty meal I've ever had. because you steam the veggies it'll only take like 30 mins in the oven and the carrots keep their intense sweetness. mozarella makes it all stick together nicely, the wine cooks the vegetables further so that they pretty much melt in your mouth. the cheddar forms a solid crust and gives you a great salty taste to balance out the sweetness of the carrots and the onions that caramelized with the wine.

wa la

>>7175858

the US of A are fucking retarded m8. even here in Germany where we have high quality produce a fucking kilo of onion costs like thirty cents. same for potatoes, carrots and all kinds of cabbage are also dirt cheap.
>>
>>7170046

rice and beans, and you've got 20$ to spend on lube for your boypussy
>>
>>7170074
>>7170046
Sams Club has a huge bag of dino nuggets for mad cheap yo

You only need one but you can buy two, spend the rest on cheap alchohol
>>
peanut butter and cheap bread.
>>
>>7175858
>>7175941

many countries in Europe subsidize vegetable crops so they are much cheaper than they would otherwise be. France is famous for it.

the US doesn't subsidize veggies, only staple crops like sugar, corn, soy and wheat. that's why there's HFCS in everything, a loaf of bread is $0.79 but a 10lb bag of potatoes is $5-6
>>
>>7176365
>that's why there's HFCS in everything

Actually, no. There's HFCS in everything because the US has very high taxes, as well as quotas, for importing sugar. The price of sugar in the US is roughly 3x what it costs elsewhere in the world. That's far more significant than the subsidies involved.
>>
>>7175858
Depends on where you live. Most of the time a 5 pound bag of small russet potatoes is 2.99-3.99 USD.

The large baking potatoes are more expensive.

Right now at my grocery store the large baking ones are on sale this week for 38 cents per pound for the holidays.
>>
>>7170046
Rice
Beans
Frozen veg
Canned meat/sardines
>>
>>7175858
in the midwest, russet potatoes in 5 pound bags are 2$ or less.
I buy them on sale for 88 cents a bag sometimes
>>
>>7175858
I live in New Zealand, foods fucking expensive here a lot of the time. Thats how I know if I can do what hes doing, he can too. My weekly food budget is $50 for 2 people, and we far from starve.
>>
>>7175001
>>7175001
>>>7171107 (You)
>>tiny bag of rice and popcorn
>>enough for 10 days
>kekko
I lived on popcorn for three months once. don't knock.

>>7175001
>>36 eggs for $3
>YEAH_OK.png
>>$3 for a whole chicken
>you are fucking delusional or live in Cambodia

sooomeeeeboodddddyy dooeeeessssnnnn'tttt knowwwwwwww about tha ghetttttoooooooo

supermercado has 36 small eggs for $2.89 small chickens are $0.79/lb and a big roaster is no more than $6

all day erryday. sorry you live in San Francisco or some place like that
>>
>>7170046
I've lived off of $8.32 since Saturday its not that hard dude. ramen a couple of chef boyardee cans and maybe some tyson chicken. Too bad you won't have any eggnog tho.
>>
File: 1428102967472.jpg (50KB, 500x348px) Image search: [Google]
1428102967472.jpg
50KB, 500x348px
>>7175016
>>7175016

OP might not but I do..Bergen County fag here
>>
File: ITHASCOMETOTHIS.jpg (832KB, 1494x2656px) Image search: [Google]
ITHASCOMETOTHIS.jpg
832KB, 1494x2656px
>>7170046
>>
beans and rice
ramen
Just buy a bunch of eggs and add an egg (fried or whatever) to each meal for extra filling on the cheap. It also makes it less depressing somehow.
>>
>>7173902
>credit card
Do people seriously have one of these?
>>
Buy 10 packs of canned beans (the ones you just heat up)

It will cost ~$7-8.

Will last you that much, if you eat one can per day.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.