[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your favorite things to get at Aldi? I find that their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 5

File: aldi-sign.jpg (110KB, 1024x1023px) Image search: [Google]
aldi-sign.jpg
110KB, 1024x1023px
What are your favorite things to get at Aldi?

I find that their in-house chocolate brands are quite nice.
>>
Food and beverages
>>
>>7166410
Never been. Closest one is over 40 miles away, no reason to go there.
>>
I get the dried fruit (blueberries, cranberries, etc.) for my cereal. It tastes good and costs less than at other stores.
>>
Only ever seen them driving through the shitty parts of town.

I think I went in once and it wasn't much different than a drug store/gas station.
>>
>>7166410
everything
>>
Chocolate.
Plain flour.
Wholemeal flour when they have it.
Plain olive oil.
Sugar.
Paprika.
Powdered cumin (just about the only spice that should be bought whole that I buy powdered). Milk, cream and half-and-half.
Cheeses.
Electronics goods and other gadgets and gizmos.
Fresh brussels sprouts.
Fresh mushrooms.
Salad greens.
Carrots.
Celery.
Avocados.
Fruits.
Scallions (green/spring onions).
Cilantro/coriander.
Dry lentils.
Dry peas.
Dry chickpeas.
Dry black beans.
Disinfecting wipes.
Chewing gum.
Meat other than whole chicken when it's on special offer, otherwise I'll get it down the butcher's.
Whole chicken.
Smoked salmon.
All dem Joyman ffings when they go on special.
Angel hair and elbow macaroni pastas.
Soda water/seltzer water.
Grapefruit soda (which I mix 1:1 with bitter lemon soda for most delicious soda).
After-holiday holiday items when they go on super special offer (such as Halloween cookies on All Saint's Day for 25ยข per pack, Easter hams/boneless lamb's leg for Easter on Easter Monday for $5 each, regardless of weight, Christmas duck for $7 each, regardless of weight, after New Year's).
Canned chicken meat (which is cheap and surprisingly tasty).
Not-quite-Spam-Spam-alike (which is good sliced thinly and fried to a crisp).
Olives when they have the good ones.
Mouthwash.
Frozen peas.
Frozen corn.
Oats.
Crisps/chips.
Canned beets.

Things I never buy there:
canned veg other than beets, frozen veg other than peas and corn, potatoes (they seem to rot faster than potatoes from elsewhere), onions (they seem to rot faster than onions from elsewhere), garlic (cheaper elsewhere), ground beef (cheaper elsewhere).
>>
I like shopping at Aldi because they only ever have one till open which creates a long queue of impatient tutting customers, queuing is the best part of shopping.
>>
>>7166456
It sounds like you have one run by a shit manager. I switched from a store in a shitty area to one in a good area and they open registers if there's like 3 or 4 people in line.
>>
>>7166456
I like shopping at Aldi because when they have three customers in one queue, they till girl will invariably call someone to open a second till. Every time.
I've seriously never seen long queues at either of the two Aldi locs I go to. I can't say the same for certain other discount chains.
>>
>>7166467
>>7166463
Almost hive-mind. We were more than a minute apart, but that's because my captcha was being retarded.
Yeah, seriously. I don't know what >>7166456's on about.
>>
>>7166470
>I don't know what >>7166456's on about.
He might live where there's only one or they're all in a ghetto area. Those stores can be pretty bad. Like I said, that's why I switched to another store.
>>
I don't shop at aldi because I am not poor
>>
>>7166410
Aldi doesn't cut it for me. The focus is on value added products, much like Trader Joe's. I don't buy ready to eat stuff. I buy ingredients to make into meals. Aldi doesn't strike me as particularly strong in that category.
>>
>>7166416
can you be more specific?
>>
>>7166467
where you guys from? never heard it called a till before.
>>
Everything from their Live GFree brand. As a celiac, it makes me happy that I'm able to find good quality affordable gluten free foods.
>>
Do we even have Aldi in the US? I've only seen it while traveling abroad. Don't think I'd ever shop there at home (shit tier quality), but it's good when you're on a cheap travelers budget.
>>
>>7166598
It's common in rural, blighted rust belt towns
>>
Clancy's chips are pretty good.
>>
>>7166601
Do they bag your groceries for you? All the ones I've been to in other countries make you bag your own shit. That doesn't seem like something that would go over very well in the states.
>>
>>7166463
I do, my local is crap but still like Aldi though
>>
>>7166615
That's how they keep costs down, little things like pack your own shit instead of being a fat lazy cunt, they charge for bags, only recently introduced hand baskets, little things like that, once you get over the initial embarrassment of packing your own bags like a simple commoner then it becomes normal.
>>
>>7166644
I wasn't bitching about it, faggot. Calm your shit. I don't have a problem with bagging my own food and I actually support charging for plastic bags. But it doesn't seem like the fat lazy cunts in small town America would agree with me.
>>
>>7166410
Pretty much anything with the Specially Selected or Deutsche Kuche brands on them.
>>
>>7166410
The few spices they have
Nothing like a crazy amount of onion powder or red pepper flakes for a dollar a container
>>
most everything i but there is cheaper than walmart, and generally same quality as name brand foods or at least "great value"
cereal
pb, jelly
honey
everyday cooking ingredients flour, spices ect.
vegetables
fruits
dairy products
frozen chicken breasts
frozen fish
the lines never have more than five people here. but they dont sell those damn recyclable bags anymore, they last for months but eventually rip.
bagging my own food and returning my own cart is small pittance for cheaper food, sometimes you do get people waiting right next to the cart return to beg for quarters though, meh.
i would even opt for a bigger store with more ample selection, that way i wouldn't have to supplement my shopping at another store, but i doubt walmart would take that sitting down, and its probably not aldi's aim to be huge.
>>
Strangely enough Aldi was the first supermarket I saw with Sweet Baby Rays (Ausfag).
>>
>>7166531

Can you be more of a faggot?
>>
Aldi is the best currently operating budget supermarket.

There, I said it.
>>
>>7166601

Can confirm. Live in a shitty, dying rural town. The only movie theater in town just closed. The Target is closing next month. But an Aldi's just opened.
>>
>>7166410
I only shop at aldi's when im broke as fuck. Their non perishables are all great for the price. Milk and eggs are always cheap as fuck BUT I hate shopping there because of how small the store and aisles are. Sons a bitch old people and nigs take up the entire aisle.
>>
>>7168145
>old people and nigs take up the entire aisle.
People do this in supermarkets with large aisles too. There are way too many times that I'm trying to get down an aisle and some dipshit soccermom with her hellspawn or some old lady or some brown person has their cart parked diagonally across the middle of the aisle and then acts all pissy and gives me dirty looks when I say "excuse me" or just push their fucking cart out of the way like I'm the one being an asshole.
>>
>>7166540
Not him but I've heard it called a till many times.
Kiwifag btw.
>>
>>7166410
FUCK OFF SHILL FAGGIT
AVOID ALDI AT ALL COSTS
>>
>>7166598
We have one or two in philly.
>>
>>7166410
*secret paid Aldi sponsor*
>>
Bike equipment actually..
>>
is aldi just aldi brand stuff or are there name brands?
>>
>>7166410
None. I only shop at locally owned supermarkets.
>>
Aldi is cool, I buy everything but frozen foods, canned food and meat
>>
>>7168373
They stock a handful of name brands which are notably more expensive than their Aldi equivalents / probably actually a worse deal than buying said brands at a typical supermarket.

I've seen Coke, Fanta, Pop-tarts, and Hershey's, off the top of my head.
>>
I buy snacks, cereal, yogurt, almond milk, and chicken thighs since it's hard to fuck those things up too badly and they're a lot cheaper than other places. I tend to avoid their produce and don't bother with canned or ready-to-eat stuff. They stock some nice European(-style?) sausages and cheeses for pretty cheap sometimes.

The Aldi closest to me is actually right next to a big Mexican grocery store so I can just fill in the gaps by crossing the parking lot.
>>
>>7168390
they do have decent cheeses, mostly the 8oz packages for $2 or less. and some bitchin' brie for couple dollars less than elsewhere
>>
There is a new one opening up around long beach
>>
Dark Hazelnut Chocolate
Frozen spinach (only $1 and from NZ, not China thank)
Choco Pillows
Odd foreign foods
Bockwurst

Mostly for the last one
>>
Bump
The organic blue corn tortilla chips are godly, as are the Specially Selected chocolate and vanilla ice creams.
>>
File: CCC.jpg (11KB, 176x265px) Image search: [Google]
CCC.jpg
11KB, 176x265px
>>7166410
I like their chili con carne
>>
I enjoy the random shite they have dotted around; like giant baskets full of odd shoes.
>>
File: aldi-lemonade.jpg (115KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
aldi-lemonade.jpg
115KB, 720x960px
>>7166410
This shit is amazing.
>>
Just got 4 pounds of frozen french fries for $3.50 from Aldi. Hard to beat that
>>
>>7168373
>>7168381
yeah they have pringles, and name brand cereals (mostly fruity/coco pubbles)

What I buy
>chicken legs
I just scored some for .50 cents per pound, and bought ten pounds of chicken legs.
>milk
>cereal
>eggs
>slice cheese
>bread
>clancy onion ring chips
God damn the chips, I love them. Haven't seen them in a while.
>pasta
>sauce
>their fresh pizzas
>lime
>avocado
>chips
>pineapple
>bread
>bbq sauce
>ranch
>nature nectar tangy OJ
Love this shit to death, better than Sunny D IMO

This is not all in one trip. Just compiled list of stuff I have bought from there on different occasions.
>>
>>7166410
only produce
everything else kinda sucks compared to its real counterparts.
>>
>250g of white stillton, blue stillston, wensleydale, gorgonzola, brie, goat's cheese, roquefort, bavarian smoked cheese, camembert, etc
>just ONE POUND STERLING

HOLY FUCKIN SHIT MATE, I've been hoarding cheeses this december, particularly the wensleydale and white stillton with apricots/cranberries.

I can get better and cheaper meat in the butchers.
>>
>>7166410

>Summit Cola

>Indian Roti Bread mix (marked down to 50 cents.)

>DAT CHEESE.

>These German peanut puffs like cheetos but with peanut dust instead of cheese.

>Cheapass Spergerdi an meebals.

>Pumpkin pie ingredients that bake into a pleasantly edible pie for less than three dollars.

>Chili infused chocolate.

They even got motherfucking frozen ducks but they are out of my current budget.
>>
tom clancy's tortilla chips
cheese
chocolate
everything for baking
the various random things they have
>>
braunschweiger
>>
>>7166615
America don't bag your own shopping ????

Jesus I knew you lot were lazy but that's just crazy
>>
>>7166410
Directions to Wegmans
>>
>>7172779
>Wegmans
I will say while they have some decent quality stuff most of it is shit and they are insanely expensive.
>>
>>7172797
If you have self control you can actually save money shopping there. Unfortunately I do not.

>that cheese department
>that seafood department
>>
>>7172800
Damn I wana grab a sub from wegmans now fuck you guy.
>>
>>7166410
I haven't gone since I was in middle school and there was one within walking distance
But I always got those cheap as shit, waxy fruit candies
>>
>>7171836
>tom clancy's tortilla chips
When did the tom clancy franchise branch out into tortilla chips?
>>
>>7172820
right after he died.
>>
they have jamon iberico de cebo rn, but it's $7 a pack
>>
>>7172767
its called service, its part of the shopping experience in civilized countries.
>>
Fucking love their mocas and lattes, it's like 50 cents for a 25cl cup here in portugal, so freaking good.. almost as better as gaybucks kek
>>
>>7166417
Wow thanks for your input
>>
File: aldi.jpg (10KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
aldi.jpg
10KB, 255x255px
Bought 2 of these at Aldi yesterday for $3.49 a package (3 oz.). Tried their dark chocolate (good) and bought some other jars of stuff, blue cheese stuffed olives from Spain, feta stuffed peppers from Greece, and a bottle of simple sugar syrup for cocktails.

The salmon is pretty tasty.
>>
>>7166615

I've never had anyone bag my shit outside of the USA and I've traveled quite a bit. Seems like such a shitty job it's almost inhumane.
>>
>>7175465
You bought simple syrup?
You know it's just water and sugar correct?
>>
>>7166410
Sorry I only shop at actual grocers like whole foods cause I'm not a dick sucking poor faggot.
>>
>>7172767
>>7175489

In Australia your groceries are bagged at all supermarkets with the exception of Aldi
>>
File: jiffy.jpg (47KB, 203x305px) Image search: [Google]
jiffy.jpg
47KB, 203x305px
>>7175492

Yes I do. It's for a gift to my kid for Christmas. It's in a cool bottle and he look cool to his g-friends when he makes them a fancy cocktail.
>>
>dairy of all kinds
>brioche
>oatz
>pantry items
>cereal
>chocolate
>specials

They have a lot of weird european gourmet items, too. It's an interesting store. Not impressed with their produce, though.
>>
I need to get groceries and cat food from there today but I hate having to take the fucking bus there.

I wish I wasn't poor so I could afford a car....
>>
>>7166410
In the UK they sell a frozen salami and rocket pizza
Best frozen pizza I've ever had, even better than based Ristorante
>>
Frozen Tuna Steaks
>>
Cat Litter because it's cheaper than anywhere else and clumps nicely
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.