[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The best cooking advice I have ever read on /ck/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 9

File: ZuAmS.jpg (347KB, 1936x1296px) Image search: [Google]
ZuAmS.jpg
347KB, 1936x1296px
I just saw the best cooking advice I've ever read on /ck/ and think it deserves a thread of its own
>>7159843
>>7159843

Here's what you're gonna do OP. Listen carefully because this is very important advice. Lots of people think cooking is all about complicated recipes, big cookbooks and arduous effort. Really it's more of an innate thing.

Learning to cook is much more simple, so pay close attention to what I'm going to say. Are you listening?

Fry an egg and experiment with various seasoning. This will give you an idea of what flavours go well together which is the most important quality in cooking. Fry an egg, cut it in quarter, season each quarter differently. Try one with cayenne and, I dunno, chives? Just experiment with lots of seasoning combinations.

Then fry another egg and repeat the process. Keep frying eggs and experimenting until you get a good idea of what works. You can eat 3-4 eggs in a day, heck you're from /fit/ so probably 6+. If you eat 6 eggs in a day, that's 24 egg quarters, 24 seasoning combinations in a day. You're talkng about 1000 seasoning combinations in just over a month.

At this stage you'll be a spicemaster and what/how you cook wont matter because you'll be better at seasoning than 99% of professional chefs, and this WILL make you a good cook.
>>
>>7159975

>it deserves a thread of its own

It really doesn't.
>>
>>7159975
You're an idiot
>>
>>7159988
agreed

>>7159993
no its not.
>>
This is really pretty stupid advice. You'll get really good and knowing what seasonings that you happen to have taste good with eggs.

There is technique involved in learning to cook. It's not just about learning what spices work together.

"watch youtube videos" is better advice
>>
>>7160032
There's multiple aspects of cooking. The hardest part for me personally was getting multiple things to finish simultaneously. I can make a killer parsnip mash, but it was hard to do that, medium steaks and steamed bok choy all at once.

Ops advice is good for someone completely apprehensive about cooking. Before you get into flavor profiles and food pairings, I know that stuff. But for a noob taking one thing and playing with it is pretty solid advice.
>>
Did you really need to spam threads with this? This ain't YouTube kiddo
>>
>>7159975

>At this stage you'll be a spicemaster and what/how you cook wont matter because you'll be better at seasoning than 99% of professional chefs, and this WILL make you a good cook.

Nothing in that last sentence is true.
>>
File: nah.png (9KB, 364x150px) Image search: [Google]
nah.png
9KB, 364x150px
>>7160054

>the post count didn't change after multiple posts were made

Sounds like a problem on your end, anon.
>>
>>7160306
What was the best spice blend and why was it salt+hot sauce?
>>
>>7160316
>dietary fat causes heart disease
This meme (started by sugar companies) needs to die already.
Sugar causes heart disease, not dietary fat.
>>
>>7160356
But then how did he swallow every time he sucked you off?
>>
>>7159975

Jokes on you, I only eat fast food.
>>
The best way to learn to cook is to live on your own and never, ever, eat a meal outside of what you can make for yourself.

Go shopping for a wide variety of essential ingredients until you have developed a robust pantry of edible ammunition.

Then let the bodies hit the floor.
>>
I hate that OP is so blatantly shilling his method for frying eggs, but it did make me want some. Had some Hawaiian sweet bread to soak up the egg juices
delicious
>>
>>7160361

B T F O

T

F

O
>>
>>7159975
Please anons teach me how to make bread from ground up cerials not excluding flour or corn
>>
I actually tried this and it worked really well. Great advice, OP.
>>
>season eggs and you'll become a master chef
Have fun frying a shit ton of eggs op, im sure it'll help you learn to cook other foods much more than cooking other food would!
>>
wait. so to learn how to cook meat and three veg i need to fry over 9000 eggs? why can't i just fry a steak? do you need to wrap a cooked egg in foil and let it rest? what the fuck is all this talk about seasoning? is this real life?
>>
>>7161033
Exactly. Whats even the point of frying an egg? Why not just eat the spices directly out of the fucking jar if you dont know how they taste. This is stupid.
>>
Great advice OP
>>
OP speaks the truth
>>
>35 posts
>19 posters
>>
Pretty bad advice, all that time you wasted on spices you could have just learned how to cook different meals
>>
>>7159975
Do you cook your perfectly seasoned fried eggs in olive oil or butter?
>>
For a longer time now i try to get better at cooking, and spices are big problem because i dont know what goes well with eachother.
Which kind if spices are a must have besides the obvious salt and pepper?
>>
>>7161848
HAHA YES EPIC UNLESS YOU GO THROUGH THIS SPECIFIC ORDEAL YOU CANNOT LEARN HOW TO COOK XD I MEAN THIS IS HOW THEY TEACH COOKING AT LE CORDON BLEU I BET XDDDD
>>
>>7162007
How do you know? You don't need to go giga-autism like the OP described to know what flavors different spices have and how to season. And it only teaches seasoning of an egg which isn't the same as other foods which you would know had you not wasted months cooking eggs day after day. It's like recommending a piano learner to learn literally ever scale before how to actually play a song.
>>
>>7161960
>d if spices are a must have besides the obvious salt and pepper
Ones you know how to use. You know how to use cinnamon, right? cayenne powder? Start with those.
>>
>>7162022
No it doesn't, shut the fuck up holy shit I can guarantee no top chef in any restaurant ever went OPs autism route into cooking. Except maybe Heston Blumenthal who is not a good example to follow.
>>
>Yeah we have a pastry chef, a fish chef, poultry chef, meat chef, after they're done with the food we send it to the seasoning chef for the final touch
>>
>>7159975

Thanks for an informative and interesting thread OP.
>>
>>7161836

This.

OP is obviously samefagging his own thread, and has been linking this thread in completely unrelated threads for absolutely no reason.
>>
Instructions unclear, dick stuck in egg.
>>
>>7162016

OP originally posted this in another thread, responding to, what has become pretty apparent at this point, himself.

In the other thread he said he was from /fit/, so all this "best /ck/ advice ever!" shit is just a /fit/ fag realizing he can throw spices on his eggs without fucking up his cutting/fattening, or whatever, and doesn't have to eat completely bland boneless, skinless chicken breasts with brown rice and frozen broccoli for every meal, not that he's going to know how to cook any of that any better.
>>
Just put knorr stockpot on one of my eggs. Why? Because it makes it taste better than salt.

You should try it.
>>
>>7162007
Seasoning is overrated.
I've recently started cooking meals from scratch using little to no spices. Because there's fewer flavors they're all more distinct. Works for some things, but everything obviously.
>>
>>7162076
You're thinking far too deeply into it. It's just some 13 year old(mentally, that is. he's probably actually in his 20s) from Australia trying to make an ebic new maymay. Sage and report, my friend. Sage and report.
>>
>>7159975
The Jews must have stock in egg farms or something.
>>
>>7162085
Works if you have quality fresh ingredients. Not that easy to come by everywhere.
>>
File: Carl Sagan.jpg (52KB, 548x319px) Image search: [Google]
Carl Sagan.jpg
52KB, 548x319px
>>7159975
If you want to fry an egg from scratch, first you must invent the universe!
>>
>>7159975
One of those things that sounds good, but actually isn't effective in practice.
>>
>>7162171
>if I'm gonna be buying so many eggs I need to save on money
Which you will do, on the other foods you aren't buying. Buy free range eggs.
>>
>you'll be better at seasoning than 99% of professional chefs

is this serious?

>hey guys I tried 1000 different shitty combinations of mccormick spices from aldis I guess I'm michelin ready
>>
>>7159975
>>7159993
>>7160100
>>7160117
>>7160165
>>7160306
>>7160314
>>7160315
>>7161004
>>7161815
>>7161820
>>7161823
>>7161842
>>7162002
>>7162064
>>7162083
>>7162093
>>7162171
>>7162248

>77 replies
>30 posters
>>
>31 posts 10 posts ago
>still 31

wew kill yourself
>>
>>7160032
Developing a palate is the first step.

How can you tell someone to make a soup and season it with thyme and tarragon to taste when they don't know what either taste like? He could be less of a bitch and go on a tasting tour of his spice cabinet, or he could do OP's egg thing.

You learn how to cook by following a recipe and learning what you can and can't change. Seasoning is the first thing you learn to change without ruining a recipe.
>>
>>7160032
Literal fucking retard.
>>
shitty meme
>>
File: image.jpg (124KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124KB, 600x600px
Who the fuck is going to eat six eggs a day?
>>
>>7162854
Tater tots. You can mash them to get mash taters
>>
File: doyounot.gif (1MB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
doyounot.gif
1MB, 900x506px
>>7162854
Hash browns by a fucking mile. They are a must-have addition to any proper breakfast and the only thing I will put ketchup on, since ketchup was invented for the sole purpose of complimenting the perfect crispy tastiness of shredded fried perderders. Fries and mashed are close second/third.
>>
File: Golf-Clap.jpg (22KB, 274x200px) Image search: [Google]
Golf-Clap.jpg
22KB, 274x200px
>a golf clap for the recent increase in both self-moderation and jani intervention
>>
>>7162854
Well, I've had 4 already and I woke up a half hour ago. Only weak faggots don't eat eggs. You.
>>
This is some damn good advice
>>
File: Xm0eugs.jpg (2MB, 5442x3061px) Image search: [Google]
Xm0eugs.jpg
2MB, 5442x3061px
>>7162854
non-subjective list:
1. twice baked
2. mashed
3. scalloped
4. baked (loaded)
5. fries
6. tots
7. hash browns
>>
>>7164765
I forgot to add

8. boilem mashem stickem inna stew
>>
>look up recipe online
>follow it
>become good cook to literally anybody who would care
>>
>>7162854
...someone from /fit/? As mentioned in the OP?

I mean, I cap it at 4, but I went from 145lbs to 200lbs in a couple years on /fit/ eating over 4000kcals a day, and you don't get there by saying "whoa six eggs, thats a lot".

That being said, /fit/ seems to view food as more of a utility than an art, so I'm surprised it and /ck/ aren't more at odds.
>>
File: 1426675785038.jpg (803KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1426675785038.jpg
803KB, 2048x1365px
>>7164765
That's a nice photo, thanks.
>>
I tried out the following four combinations today, OP:
paprika, black pepper, and salt
cumin, chili powder, onion powder and oregano
cinnamon, cardamom, cumin, and mace
tarragon, salt, and a bit of creme fraiche

I think this technique is working, I'll try more out for dinner tonight

My favorite was the paprika version
>>
File: 1443698010166.jpg (585KB, 1200x835px) Image search: [Google]
1443698010166.jpg
585KB, 1200x835px
Delete this thread OP
>>
>>7167013

>bumps the thread
>only to tell op to delete it
>>
>>7162854
There can be no first among equals.
>>
>>7159975

well memed chicken friendo
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.