[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really hate peeling potatoes. I've got some good peelers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: scraper.jpg (76KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
scraper.jpg
76KB, 400x400px
I really hate peeling potatoes. I've got some good peelers and tried a few tricks, but it always remains a tedious job. Tricks like pulling off the peel after cooking doesn't work well with starchy potatoes (I make mashed potatoes quite often).

Does anyone have experience with a simple potato peeler like in this picture? Is it worth it? Or is cleaning it about as much work as manual peeling would've been, f.e.. I've worked with a huge professional one before, but I doubt it compares.
>>
>>7155824
Potato skin tastes good though!
Fuck peeling!
>>
File: ditta.jpg (46KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
ditta.jpg
46KB, 300x300px
>>7155831
That's true for some potatoes, but the ones I use for mashed potatoes often have a thick skin that doesn't taste so nice and gets stuck in your teeth.
>>
>>7155831
I'm in this camp. Haven't peeled a potato in years.
>>
Are you also one of the anons in the store bought, crushed garlic thread saying it's worth spending 5 times more because mincing garlic is too much work?

Pealing a pound of potatoes takes 2 extra minutes. Man up, and maybe practice a little more. It you think peeling potatoes is too much work you shouldn't be in the kitchen.
>>
>>7155852
Stop buying such shitty potatoes.
I just got an 8 pound bag for 99 cents, and as expected, they are thick skinned, gnarly, misshapen, black spots, and range from tiny to huge sizes. Potatoes of this "B" grade or whatever they're called MUST be peeled, even skin lovers would reject them. The problem with using crap potatoes is the peeling process is also more difficult, especially with the large ones with concave inside turns. No mechanized gadget will do a good job on these either, you need a peeler and a knife. Long story short, if you pay more for the potatoes you'll get more consistent size and shape, with thinner, well scrubbed skins. The bargain bin spuds require some labor to clean up... no real way around this.
>>
>>7155824
Quit buying cheap big brown scaley russets. Switch to gold or red potatoes.
>>
If im making good mashed potatoes I'll use some quality Yukon golds like in OPs pic and after I boil them the skin is more than soft enough to just mash into the potatoes
And I've found the skins really help retain a quality potato flavor and keeps the mashed potatoes tasting truly potatoey which I really like
But if the potatoes are sub par you have to peel them
Also never whip your mashed potatoes and never mix them
They're called mashed potatoes
Not whipped or mixed
Get 2 hand mashers 1 for the big potatoes and another one that's finer once you get the taters broken down
>>
>>7155824
Embrace the lazy; don't even bother washing them, let alone peeling them.
>>
>>7155996
When gold potatoes exist, I don't know why anyone would ever buy russets again in 2015.
>>
File: image.jpg (11KB, 250x185px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11KB, 250x185px
>>7155824
Even with one of these things? Takes like twenty seconds a potato.
>>
>>7155824
>I make mashed potatoes quite often

then just eat the peels you keklord. what kind of faggot takes off the peels for mash
>>
use red potatoes? boil > strain >ad to other ingredients > mash that shit
>>
You have trouble peeling potatoes? Lol
>>
I just waste a ton and cut them into big rectangles. Screw the peeling. They are cheap enough to allow waste. Cut them in a rectangle. Chop each end off, then all 4 sides into a rectangle. No skin. Then dice to size for cooking whatever. Yes I'm lazy but also cut my thumb too many times trying to peel the stupid things. If they are red skinned though I just leave the skin on.
>>
>>7156298
bona-fide retard
>>
>>7155824
Potatoes are cheap as water, though. I just take a knife and chop the sides of. Takes about 3-5 second per fruit.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.