[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /ck/. I have a friend that doesn't believe me that being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

File: download.png (9KB, 260x180px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
9KB, 260x180px
Sup /ck/. I have a friend that doesn't believe me that being vegan is healthy. He doesn't understand where my iron comes from. I have looked everywhere but I cannot find a comparison picture for like the amount of iron vs veg. Help a bro out?
>>
>>7155557

Your friend is right to trust his instincts.
>>
I liked the last thread better because we stopped having stupid made up stories about "my friend who believes blahblah"

Just post a picture of a dislikable person and say "vegans" and let the shitposting flow

It was much more honest and refreshing
>>
>>7155557
So where *do* you get your iron from?
>>
>>7155557

>>>/r/
>>
>>7155959
Well I'm not op but I just eat a lot of spinach and kale and then eat an orange
>>
>>7155963
Spinach is not a great food for iron at all.
>>
File: smoke cocks.jpg (1MB, 1936x1936px) Image search: [Google]
smoke cocks.jpg
1MB, 1936x1936px
>>7155578

>vegans
>>
>>7155963

Citric acid erodes the lining of the gastrointestinal tract, tooth enamel and anesthetizes the taste buds. Are you SURE you know what you're talking about? You DO understand that scurvy is curable without citrus....right?

Are all vegans stupid? Does a lack of high caloric meals comprised of animal fats/flesh lead to a deterioration of grey matter in the brain?

You're making me think....
>>
File: BvzxYtOCQAEKdI7.png (131KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
BvzxYtOCQAEKdI7.png
131KB, 500x282px
>>7155977
Yeah I'm are eating one orange is going to kill me.

Go back to your din din thread where you post your 20 dollars worth of burger king in it.

>>7155973

k

http://www.healthcastle.com/iron-spinach.shtml

Yeah it's not like fucking meat level iron but I also don't only eat spinach.
>>
>>7155984
I'm just saying. A lot of spinach eating vegans end up iron deficient for a reason. You have to combine iron-draining spinach with "absorption enhancing foods" just to end up net positive and then you could have just eaten better iron sources anyway.
>>
>>7156002
The vitamin c is one of the iron adsorption enhancers. I know about heme and non-heme, I was pretty worried about that when I switched to vegetarian.

But I eat a lot of chickpeas and beans also and apparently there's iron in that. Plus fortified cereals.
>>
File: IMG_20150830_075323.jpg (189KB, 705x705px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150830_075323.jpg
189KB, 705x705px
>>7155984

One orange a day is hundreds per year, which is certainly doing damage to your body. I don't eat fast food, more like pic related.

Shame you gave up meat, corned beef hash is amazing.
>>
>>7156026
>eating something that literally causes cancer

http://ink361.com/app/users/ig-1637937989/ronans_daddy/photos
>>
File: 1744322754.jpg (113KB, 987x1255px) Image search: [Google]
1744322754.jpg
113KB, 987x1255px
>>7156047

A lot of things cause cancer, thst has nothing to do with what I said. Maybe you're avoiding a response because you willingly harm your body with corrosive acids on a daily basis.

:^)
>>
>>7155557

For an adult male or a post-menopausal woman, if you're not anemic you probably don't need more iron.
>>
>>7155977

>oranges will erode your intestines

You sound like you know what you're talking about
>>
File: Lentil nutrition.png (270KB, 834x929px) Image search: [Google]
Lentil nutrition.png
270KB, 834x929px
Explain to your friend what legumes are
>>
>>7156434
Is that one cup raw or cooked?
>>
>>7155973
Neither is meat, which is worse than a lot of vegetables and grains.

Unless you eat a bunch of organs.
>>
>>7156430

Yes. I do.

Due diligence is important to perpetuate a normal, healthy adult life.
>>
>>7156487

That's uncooked, which is about a meal's worth when cooked.
>>
>>7156500

Is that a diagram of the citric acid cycle? My god, you must be a genius. I understand now, an orange a day melts your guts away
>>
>>7156500
Hey man could you give me some of those studies about people dying from eating oranges
I'm sure you have plenty of data to back up your completely reasonable idea :^)
>>
>>7156516
What website is that by the way? Or did you put that together?
>>
>>7156519

Why don't you understand the metabolic cycle of acids?

>>7156527

Citric acid, like any acid, erodes away material over a vast period of time. Tooth enamel being the most important and decay leads to infections, any infection near the brain is automatically bad.
>>
>>7156531

The tables are from nutritiondata.self, which gets its data from the USDA database on nutrients in foods, but with RDI %'s added

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/legumes-and-legume-products/4337/2
>>
>>7156535

I can get down with citrus fruits harming teeth if you let it linger on them and don't drink water or brush, but show me the "oranges erode your gut" data
>>
>>7156540
He better hurry up before my gut ruptures from eating too many oranges
>>
>>7155557
is not the iron, is the b12 that will kill you
>>
>>7156540

>linger

Over time, it erodes tooth enamel. That's a fact, no idea why you're crying about it.

>>7156554

A rupture is caused by excessive gas, a lesion is caused by acid. Ulcers form due to corrosive foods being eaten regularly...including citrus fruits.

Ignorance is bliss I suppose.
>>
>>7156582

>A rupture is caused by excessive gas, a lesion is caused by acid. Ulcers form due to corrosive foods being eaten regularly...including citrus fruits.

Okay, that's the hypothesis, now post the data that shows this happening to people
>>
>>7156582

What happens when an acidic food hits your stomach acid?
>>
>>7155557
For me getting enough iron on a vegan diet hasn't been an issue at all. Legumes have shit ton of iron in them, leafy greens like spinach and kale are also a good source. Like with anything else a good balance of other nutrients helps with absorption so eating other vitamins is important.

To be honest B12 is the bigger concern here. For that the only solution is a supplement of some sorts be it a pill or something fortified with B12.

Also just ate a tangerine.. last time writing?
>>
>>7156582
If that is true then surely there must be some sort of textbook or study you could provide as a reference!
Or is this cutting edge research that only some guy on a chinese cartoon forum knows about?
>>
>>7156618

Isn't his hypothesis good enough?

If you eat something with an acid in it.... that acid will make it down to your intestines undigested and unaltered... and wreak HAVOC on your colon!
>>
>>7156582

The vast majority of ulcers are due to a very slow growing bacteria in the stomach.

The 2005 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine was awarded for this discovery.

That's why you don't hear much about ulcers any more. Instead of something nearly impossible to cure, a few antibiotics does the trick.
>>
>>7156591
>>7156618
>>7156624
>>7156648

Literal retards.

http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/features/5-things-you-didnt-know-about-your-teeth

That's for teeth.

http://milind.com/2013/10/12/citric-acid-intolerance-acetic-acid-digestion-and-metabolism-disorder/#metabolism

For GI Tract.
>>
>>7156680

>http://milind.com/2013/10/12/citric-acid-intolerance-acetic-acid-digestion-and-metabolism-disorder/#metabolism

What are you using this blog post to say exactly? The blog poster thinks she has a disorder, not that citric acid causes GI ulcers
>>
>>7156680
>http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/features/5-things-you-didnt-know-about-your-teeth
Literally not a single fucking person in this thread disagreed with you about this and I'm not sure why you think we did.

>http://milind.com/2013/10/12/citric-acid-intolerance-acetic-acid-digestion-and-metabolism-disorder/#metabolism
>considering my limited medical knowledge.
>this part of the hypothesis is ... not proven
Sorry but a random blog post is not an acceptable source. And even he says that it's only relevant if you have what he calls 'Citric Acid Intolerance'.
>>
Vegan? Isn't that the diet where you eat nothing but bat guano?
>>
>>7156721
Does shit count as an animal product?
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.