[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Heres my cheap & simple home pizza courtesy of Jacques Pepin.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: Pepin pizza combo.jpg (662KB, 612x3320px) Image search: [Google]
Pepin pizza combo.jpg
662KB, 612x3320px
Heres my cheap & simple home pizza courtesy of Jacques Pepin.

First, I pre-heat the oven to 450F.. (with thromoeter in oven for proof of temp)
>pizza stone in oven
>heavy bottomed large steel skillet in oven

wait for everything to get heat soaked to 450F..

I use Pepin's tip of using a 10" flour tortilla shell.

first, I'm going to toast that tortilla, to pre-cook it a bit so it gets crispy. I place the tortilla on a piece of aluminum foil, then place it on the pizza stone then put the hot skillet on top.. cokking it from both sides. only takes about 1 minute.. ONE MINUTE it will burn quick if I forget. I use a timer now since I burned so many trying to 'remember' to take it out.

take that tortilla out -- keep it on its aluminum foil, and place it on a cool pizza pan..

It will cool fast, and now I can add my toppings.

First is the sauce. I've been using a mix of tomato paste diluted with prego spaghetti sauce. one little can of paste with maybe about 5 or so teaspoon of sauce.. It works pretty well!

For the rest it was: diced Eckrich Smoked Sausage, lots of mushrooms, diced onion, and diced bell pepper. All of that topped with swiss & mozzarella cheese.

It was in the oven for 14 minutes.

not the greatest, but it works out pretty well.. And as you can see the crust is paper thin and does hold up if you cook it long enough. The pre-toasting trick is what helped me.

its not gormet -- just something I can whip up at any time when I need a pizza-cheese fix..
>>
>>7144974
that's retarded why would you use a stone (a device used expressly for high heat retention) in addition to prebaking an already cooked item serving as your crust, when the ingredient that will take longest to cook is clearly the toppings (mushrooms). the only thing you achieved by that is irradiating your sad little tortillas. next time use pita bread, and skip the stone and prebaking nonsense. also go easy with the cheese there, burger-friend
>>
>>7144974

Flour tortillas as pizza crust? Someone kill me.
>>
File: sauce.jpg (111KB, 604x539px) Image search: [Google]
sauce.jpg
111KB, 604x539px
>>7144974
>I've been using a mix of tomato paste diluted with prego spaghetti sauce. one little can of paste with maybe about 5 or so teaspoon of sauce

Op here, I forgot to say that makes enough sauce for two pizzas.. so, I only used 1/2 of the can/sauce mix.. pic related.

FYI - The Panda sauce is fish sauce.. and not related to the video.
>>
Not too shabby. I'd eat it.
>>
>mushrooms
>>
>>7145003
This post spreads wisdom

English Muffins are pretty good too but seriously stop prebaking you're not doing yourself any favors
>>
File: IMG_20150630_234817.jpg (638KB, 1536x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150630_234817.jpg
638KB, 1536x1536px
>>7145012
fish sauce is ridiculous in pizza sauce

use in place of anchovies/msg/whatever, it's good, i'm not baiting
>>
That looks good, but it's not a pizza.
>>
>>7145454
>fishsauce
Op again. The bottle belongs to my wife who is Vietnamese. She has to have the stuff.

>>7145464
True, but its not meant to compete against 'real' pizza, its just a simple throw-down recipe made of things I commonly have in my kitchen and I can assemble for a quick pizza-cheese fix.. In Pepin's series of shows on PBS he made quite a few pizza with them. I finally decided to try.

>>7145442
I don't care for the 'extra step' of pre-baking as it just complicates things a bit, but when I started using tortillas, I didn't pre-bake them and they were a bit limp & soft to hold up..

I moved on to pre-bake them and toast with butter or oil.. It worked, but they got a bit too brown.. So, I just toasted them without the oil.

Seems to work fine. you can see the underside of the tortilla on the last photo
>>
>>7144974
Do not use the lord's name in vain, blasphemer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e70ZhxQmQmY
Oh wait, yeah, that's a weak pizza, even for a Frenchie.
>>
>>7144974
I read this entire post in the voice of Nick Stellino. I don't know why.
>>
>>7144974

>heres my
>courtesy of jacques pepin

Sounds like it's not yours at all you fucking dumbshit.
>>
>>7145464
>round of dough covered in tomato sauce and mozzarella
>not pizza

Not too bright, eh buddy?
>>
>>7144974
Gotta be honest and say this shit looks like something a grade 4 kid would be forced to make on a school camp i.e this would taste like dogshit
>>
>>7144974

>tortilla
>tomato paste
>toppings under the cheese

What the fuck are these people doing on /ck/?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.