[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's 2017, and Comrade President Sanders has asked you to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: Untitled.jpg (276KB, 1996x782px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
276KB, 1996x782px
It's 2017, and Comrade President Sanders has asked you to head a new agency dedicated to fighting the scourge of terrible quality shitfood consumed, apparently by choice, by millions of Americans.

How do you start? Supply side or demand side?
>>
>not supporting trump

>>>/reddit/
>>
>>7140203
Trump would just encourage citizens to denounce anyone who doesn't eat steak and potatoes every day

Those people would be placed in reeducation camps
>>
supply side, obviously. Just do what France does and withdraw subsidies for corn and sugar and give them to market gardeners and smallholders and bakeries, that's the primary reason France has such good food, it's state supported.

then demand side would mean subsidies for schools to cook their own food instead of Sodexho and mandated nutritional programs at every grade and brining back Home Ec.

Never happen, but it's not at all hard to come up with the right answer
>>
>>7140207

>messing with an american and their unhealthy junk food, snacks, pork, chicken, and other assortments

Trump isn't suicidal.
>>
>>7140207
Will he really kick all the Mexicans out of the U.S?
>>
>>7140243
Of course not, you know how much that would cost? It's just a way to get votes from redneck hicks, he's a business man, that's what they do
>>
I start by changing the agency to do something productive rather than bother trying to fix willfully poor dietary habits of people who are going to die at 60 anyway.

Maybe an agency dedicated to instilling the laughable modicum of willpower it takes to not be a fat piece of shit in the soft, poorly motivated American youth.
>>
>>7140209
Fiscal, social and philosophical centrist here.

While I'm no economist nor agriculturalist and therefore not knowledgeable enough on the subject to give opinion from any authoritative position, I've a nearly eidetic memory and can remember some facts and figures with near perfect recall.
it seems to me likely that cutting these subsidies will do more harm than good since, IIRC, something like two-thirds of all farmable land in the US in all fifty states is used for maize and/or soybeans. Even Alaska grows the stuff.
I would imagine cutting subsidies for these crops would cause a great deal of economical detriment because half of those crops are exported in trade to other countries.
Furthermore, corn and soya subsidies make all other food in the US cost less because they're used as feed and fertiliser/green manure.

So, wouldn't educational programmes be better for you guys rather than simply siphoning all those subsidies to bakeries?
If they must be cut, I wouldn't recommend anything further than a 1% cut. See, if I'm not misremembering, Colorado alone receives $70mil in corn and soya subsidies annually. Let's assume the same number is true for each of the fifty states: that'd be $3.5bil annually, 1% of which would be more than enough to start educational programmes on the subject.

Also, I don't think sugar is subsidised. If it were, there'd be no point to corn syrup.

Much <3,
A concerned foreigner living in glorious Freedom.
>>
>>7140209
This. Supply side will never work. People like cheap food, and will convince themselves it's delicious if it's cheap enough. The perfect example of this is pizza. Most pizza in America is garbage made from the cheapest possible ingredients, and the way it's made "better" is by piling more shit tier ingredients on top of it (or even forcing them into the crust). And people love it because the idea of having discriminating enough taste to turn your nose up at food made from poor quality ingredients is considered pretentious or putting on airs, especially in places like the Midwest. There are plenty of people in this country who start their day with cereal from a box dumped into a bowl and doused with cold milk. There are people who buy bread in plastic bags.

These awful products exist because the government knows people will not riot as long as food is cheap, so it cozies up to the companies that make cheap food. To eliminate the crap food you pretty have to stop the government giving preferential treatment to companies like Monsanto, Kraft, General Mills, Hormel, Tyson and the like.

But people would fucking riot, because Americans are very used to cheap, shitty food.
>>
>>7140261
This is the kind of post I expect to see accompanied by a picture of an In-n-Out and a Korean barbecue restaurant.

Fuck those flyover cunts and their cereal.
>>
>>7140272
>muh fast food
LA is flyover land, shithead, and fast food is flyover food

Sincerely,

New York
>>
>>7140280
As much as I think the east coast is better than the west coast, New York is terrible at Mexican food compared to LA. Tokyo is way better than New York for restaurants, although they are a little more expensive.
>>
>>7140280
I think you're confused friendo, I was agreeing with you.

Ever since I also moved to New York I've just been amazed at how much better all this locally grown produce is! Bananas, Oranges, Apples... the ones grown in New York are just so much better than the ones back home in Maryland.

My palate has become so much more refined now that I live in a completely self-sufficient state that doesn't rely almost entirely on food imports from the same source as the rest of the country. I can't imagine how horrible it would all taste after it was shipped halfway across the country, marinated in gasoline fumes for nearly a week after harvesting.
>>
>>7140280
>>7140272
The only thing you dicks have to brag about is where you live and how ignorant you are about the rest of the country. California is covered in trailer parks full od poor and uneducated people, and New York is a state, not a city. It has a shit load of suburbs full of middle class people who are no different from the people in Midwestern suburbs and of course there are areas of poverty.

There should a mix of supply and demand side changes. Take a small portion of the massive subsidies corn and soy receive and use it to give farmers an incentive to grow more food vegetables. Drive down the price of veggies instead of just focusing on commodity crops. Get cheap vegetables in every market even in poor areas of large cities. This way no one can say that it's too expensive to buy healthy food.

Next, what might really help, is a tax incentive for everyone who gets healthy blood work from a yearly doctor visit. We all are supposed to have insurance now. We need to get people to use it. Get people in the clinic so that those who are slowly killing themselves with their diets can be educated on the hows and whys of healthy eating. Teach them what they can do to earn that tax incentive.

Finally this will hopefully reduce the amount of shit food bought and eaten in the country. With shit food losing sales and more fresh produce being available for cheap the market might start being flooded with relatively inexpensive quality foods, and we might see a reduction of overweight and obesity related diseases.
>>
almost all of america's best cheese is flyover though
>>
File: depressed-dog.jpg (79KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
depressed-dog.jpg
79KB, 600x450px
>>7140261
>ost pizza in America is garbage made from the cheapest possible ingredients, and the way it's made "better" is by piling more shit tier ingredients on top of it (or even forcing them into the crust). And people love it because the idea of having discriminating enough taste to turn your nose up at food made from poor quality ingredients is considered pretentious or putting on airs, especially in places like the Midwest. There are plenty of people in this country who start their day with cereal from a box dumped into a bowl and doused with cold milk. There are people who buy bread in plastic bags.
So true it hurts
>>
>>7140361
its a troll thread, family. Look at all these baited motherfuckers dropping 4 paragraph bombs on each other
>>
>>7140283
Yeah NYC isn't better at everything but it's better at more than LA

NYC is also missing good southeast asian food, inb4 some Lena Dunham wannabe says she has a shit tier banh mi joint run by fujianese next to her $2400 studio apartment
>>
>>7140243
I would kek heartily though after listening to this one Mexican college student bitch and moan about how American tourists ruin the beaches during Spring break.

It's like "Yeah but our tourists go home at the end of the week tho."
>>
>>7140203
you must be joking
>>
>>7140602
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>7140602
I kind of want to get a Trump shirt, ironically
>>
>Supply side or demand side?

Well, going along with the communist ideology, if I don't like something, possession will be punishable by life of hard labor in the Gulags, secret police will tempt citizens with Flamin Hot Cheetoes and quickly execute them in the street, and people will bribe me to give them the contracts to make the new "State approved food", which will be inedible in quality, but will last for a century in vacuum sealed tins.

Naturally, I will eat whatever the fuck I want, being part of the political elite. If anyone tries to tell the police they found Spam in my trash, the chief of police will charge them with conspiracy to eat Spam and send them to the Gulag.
>>
>>7141141
I own a Trump "Make America Great Again" hat (Yacht Club snapback, in Campaign Trail Red)

UNIRONICALLY
>>
>>7141156
>secret police will tempt citizens with Flamin Hot Cheetoes and quickly execute them in the street

lost my shit t.b.h.

if you don't eat only vegan halal burgers, you're not a real American, comrade
>>
I am ideologically incompatible with Donald Trump. However, given a choice between him and Shillary I will absolutely vote for him. I already kind of support him because people I dislike hate him.

I feel like shit supporting a candidate out of spite.
>>
>>7141168
Isn't that like cutting off your nose to spite your face?

i feel like american politics are too obstructionist for anything really bad (or good) to happen
>>
>>7141174
It is, I guess. It's less about what I believe and more about making people I don't like upset.

But I tend to vote for gridlock because that's how I think you remain free. A government restrained by bureaucracy and argument, unable to get anything done is one that has a high degree of freedom. Just keep them barely competent enough to do the absolute basic stuff.
>>
>>7141187
>But I tend to vote for gridlock because that's how I think you remain free. A government restrained by bureaucracy and argument, unable to get anything done is one that has a high degree of freedom. Just keep them barely competent enough to do the absolute basic stuff.

The ATF is an ass-backwards indefensible clogged dictator-like bureaucracy, but all they need is some merciless agents and the country has to be in fear of them.

Literally 1984: The Department
>>
>>7141223
I'd rather have armed ATF agents that Texan crazies like in waco

fucking hicks
>>
>>7141226
This. How come you never see vegan hippie mother earth sustainable agriculture communes getting raided by the ATF? It's because they're the harmless kind of crazy, not the "let's rape a bunch of children and then rape their children because I'm Jesus" kind of crazy.

Exterminating that kind of cancer with extreme prejudice is a fundamental duty of the state.
>>
File: ChiefOfEdge.png (130KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
ChiefOfEdge.png
130KB, 223x311px
>>7141141
>ironically
>>
>>7140203

we all know you want that limp trump dick you faggot.

>>>/lgbt/
>>
File: 1243165674689.png (8KB, 493x402px) Image search: [Google]
1243165674689.png
8KB, 493x402px
>>7141314

>doesn't like trump
>immediately thinks of dicks

gee what a surprise
>>
>>7140393
>implying there's anything wrong with Cereal
I mean yeah if you're eating bland Kellog shit but I buy Ancient Grains
>>
>>7140248
morganfreeman_hesright.jpg
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.