[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vegetarian taco

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: tacos.jpg (50KB, 450x320px) Image search: [Google]
tacos.jpg
50KB, 450x320px
Guys can you share your favorite recipe (if theres any) to make a taco filling out of veggies? I'm looking to make my vegetable consumption a little more atractive than a plain salad
>>
Sort of like the pic, my fav is a Corn and Black Bean salsa.

Buy corn on the Cobb and roast it. Cut the corn off.

Get a can of black beans and rinse them.

Chop up a red onion, a few roma tomato, scallion and Cilantro. Squeeze a lime into it. Add Salt

My sis is a vegetarian and she likes it.

She eats it with chips and we also make a Chalupa like taco bell has and she eats it with that and some cheese.

I make Chalupa with bean and taco meat and we finish them with a Sriracha sauce made with sour cream.
>>
My sister has this stuff called meal starter, and its some fake hamburger meat that she uses sometimes also. Season it with taco spice and you have fake taco meat.

Or you can heat up some refried beans and cook some rice and add normal salsa to the rice to make a spanish rice.

Then take the refried beans and smear it onto your taco shell then add rice and the other topping with cheese and sauce.
>>
>>7140123
Fake taco detected
>>
The best way to improve your own taco is to make your own shells.

This youtube vid shows you how to make a great chalupa shell at home

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt7R8MRhCGs
>>
soyrizo is pretty great as is Field Roast but both need a lot of extra fat to make them less dry
>>
drain and rinse some black and kidney beans from a can
soften some onion and garlic in heavy oil on pan
pour the drained beans over
add chipotle peppers and some adobo sauce
add spices to your liking (just salt is fine, but stuff like (smoked) paprika, chilis, peppers, cumin, tomato paste etc. fit the idea)
keep on medium heat until the beans are softened up to your liking
serve with melted cheddar, guacamole and pico de gallo in the shell

you should probably add some liquid like chicken or veggie stock during the softening of the beans, but I don't have any and it works without as well.
>>
Sauteed onion and bell pepper with oregano and chili powder
Cheese
Beans
Guacamole
Salsa

That's my go to vegetarian taco.
>>
File: 1445188804807.jpg (56KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1445188804807.jpg
56KB, 720x720px
>>7140123
>Vegetarian taco
GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY /CK/ YOU FUCKING WOMAN
RRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: Southern+Skillet+Potatoes.jpg (40KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
Southern+Skillet+Potatoes.jpg
40KB, 400x267px
>>7140123
Bro.

Potato, bell pepper, onion. That alone can do it for me, but you can add to it from there. I recommend using 2 colors of peppers. Red and green is attractive in this mix. Use hot sauces to seal the deal at the table.
>>
Try some vegetable curry m8
>>
>>7140231
>REEE

Kill self.
>>
Use huitlacoche as a meat substitute, lots of protein and other good stuff.
>>
The Mexican veggie taco ive eaten used squash, corn and tomatoes, as well as strips of poblano cream and corn. Also corn smut, but thats another ball game
>>
>>7140395
>>7140396

>huitlacoche
> corn smut

Wikipedia says its a kind of mushroom. Thats clever
>>
>>7140461

It's a fungus, as are mushrooms.
>>
>>7140123
My personal favorite is best suited for a burrito, due to the amount of ingredients, but can be scaled down to taco size.

Take a potato, peel and dice to small cubes. Fry em up. Layer the taco with beans [I use refried], sour cream, potatoes, a slice of avocado, some flaming hot fritos, corn, cheese, and some tapatio.
>>
>>7140461

>all fungus are mushrooms

Amerikek detected
>>
This is my favorite way to make vegetable tacos:

>peel and dice a butternut squash, a couple sweet potatoes, or a sugar pumpkin
>wash and dice a couple red potatoes
>wash and dice some zucchini or chayote or other squash
>dice some red onion
>dice some poblano peppers
>dice a large turnip
(make everything uniformly cut into small cubes, basically)
>toss all the veg together with cumin, chili powder, mexican oregano or epazote, salt, pepper, hot sauce if you like, and some oil
>Spread out on a baking sheet and roast at 400F until the veg gets tender but crispy outside. Shake pan around occasionally to ensure even browning.
>Once everything is browned and crispy, sprinkle with lime juice
>put in corn tortillas with whatever accompaniments you like
>>
>>7140123
Try juicing? Or cooking the salad in coconut oil and placing that on toasted tortillas?
>>
If you're not opposed to eating soy, I make a taco filling with tofu. I pretty much just try up tofu and mushrooms, add onion and green pepper if you like, then I add a little soy sauce and your typical taco seasoning stuff. Definitely add some beans too but beyond that you can put in whatever else you like.
>>
>>7140886
That just is dying to have bacon in there
>>
>>7140123
if you're one of those vegetarians who eat fish and shit, fish tacos are da bomb, otherwise, beer batter and fry some tofu and have a tofu taco with spicy slaw on top
>>
>>7140969
Im not a vegetarian at all. I just need to eat a lot of veggies to hit my macros and i'm getting really bored of just eating them boild or raw from the plate.
>>
>>7140123
The skys the limit, OP . almost anything can be grabbed up with a tortilla and eaten as a taco. Beans, potatoes, greens whatever. In Mexico a people often eat whatever is in front of them as a taco, because tortillas are served with almost any meal.
>>
>>7140175
>>7140146
Op said vegetables. Faux meat is not a vegetable
>>
>>7140949
Bacon would be good in it, for sure. I'm not a vegan or vegetarian, I just like to eat all vegetable meals sometimes (it's cheap, lol). But bacon, or even chorizo or machaca would be good in there. Or grilled fish or shrimp. For vegetarians, marinated and fried tofu, or soyrizo would be good. Eggs would be good too.
Anyway, that's just my usual vegetable taco mix I use. I love it.
>>
>>7141062
Try roasting them with oil, salt, and pepper and then throwing in a tortilla. I also like to make vegetable pizzas with mushroom, tomatoes, onion, olive, spinach and jalapeƱos. Roast the first three separately, then top pizza and cook, adding sauteed spinach at the end. Roasting reduces the quantity of the vegetables and makes them easier to eat
>>
>>7141554
>quantity
*volume
>>
>>7141554
Top tier advice breh, thanks
>>
I cook lentils until they're mushy then add taco seasoning components

cumin coriander oregano s&p paprika chili flakes

Pretty sure thats it
>>
>>7141469
where do you get your epazote from?
>>
File: TB_Indian_ML_RGB.png (233KB, 350x393px) Image search: [Google]
TB_Indian_ML_RGB.png
233KB, 350x393px
>>7140123
Just pop these in a skillet at low-med heat to reduce moisture and they're a great taco filling.
>>
>>7140969
>vegetarian
>eats fish
that's just a picky eater

>>7140123
one really overlooked ingrediant is to cook up some tofu steak, cut it into small pieces and flavor it with a vegan demiglace, really adds some depth where it might be lacking. Tofu is like a blank canvas so you gotta paint it up.
>>
>>7141469
Chipotles Adobo tastes like bacon to me. Get that in somewhere.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.