[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please tell me how to make a velvety carbonara /ck/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Carbonara.jpg (109KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
Carbonara.jpg
109KB, 1280x853px
Please tell me how to make a velvety carbonara /ck/
>>
1. Take carbonara

2. Add velvet (any colour)

3. Mix
>>
Just beat eggs yolks and add parmesan cheese. When pasta is done take off heat and stir in the eggs. Add starchy pasta water for right consistency.
>>
Lots of cream and maybe some peas.
>>
Why do my eggs scramble almost immediately? The pan is off the heat and I mix constantly.
>>
don't add ground beef
>>
The traditional way of making it tastes like shit and turns to scrambles eggs.

>fry ham chunks until crispy
>stir in mayonnaise, about 2 cups
>stir in your favorite cheese, I use pecorino or cheddar
>add cooked macaroni
>fresh ground black pepper
>Knorrā„¢ Homestyle chicken stock pot
>blanched peas or green beans

Mayo gives you the egg flavor but a smoother consistency
>>
>>7138146

Buy a jar of ragu carbonara. it's what my mom does.
>>
>>7138180
Wanna know how I know you're American?
>>
>>7138146
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao9Oi1HPbSk
>>
>>7138168
Leave it off the heat longer then. You can also temper your eggs with a ladle of hot pasta water, that should help.
>>
>first couple of times I keep fucking up my eggs
>say fuck it, put everything into a double boiler for a few mins
>delicious creamy sauce instead of shitty scrambled eggs
>>
Can you make carbonara vegetarian friendly or does it just taste like shit without bacon? My roommate who I often cook for doesn't eat meat. I'm wondering if there is something you could add to make up for the flavor of it, or if it's just not worth it.
>>
>>7138278
tofu fried in whatever you want

it's the vegetarian solution for everything replacing meat, besides mushrooms
>>
>>7138207
Wanna know how I know you're a newfag?
>>
>>7138146
cook bacon, then garlic; save enough oil in the pan

boil pasta; meantime, crack one egg, add pepper, grate a pecorino cheese chunk enough to cover over the egg, then mix

take cooked pasta, al dente, add it to the pan with the bacon, add a bit of pasta water, and then mix the egg and the pecorino and pour it on here

now the key is to keep the heat to simmer or low; what I do is bring the pan with the bacon back to heat once I'm done with boiling pasta, and once I add the pasta to the pan, I take it off the heat, depending on how hot it is

if the pan is too hot, you get scrambled eggs; the key is to go nice and slow; once I add the egg/cheese mixture into the pan, I let the residue heat cook the mixture a bit, and then the pan goes back on the heat

keep it on lowest setting, and stir it occasionally; I usually wait long enough, maybe 20, 30 seconds, until I see the sauce harden, and then stir, and I repeat until the sauce gets nice and creamy
>>
>>7138146
Sautee in a velour pan.
>>
>>7138146
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1KvM51K91Xg
>>
>>7138146
you need to use knorr stock pots.
Why season your pasta with knorr chicken stock pot?
Because it makes your pasta taste better. (than salt.)
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.