[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i make these /ck/? I've got the small onions. Do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Onions.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Onions.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
How do i make these /ck/? I've got the small onions.
Do i literally just add vinegar to a jar? or is there more to it?
>>
>>7136850
I'm no pro at that but I'm pretty sure that you're supposed to sanitize the jars before using them to avoid bacteria and shit growing in them, also make sure to get a tight seal on them.
>>
>>7136854
Sheeet i was planning to use a insta-coffee granules glass jar with a plastic lid.
how bad will i die if i did it this way?
Also how long should they be left before eating?
>>
>>7136861
Don't do it anon, you'll create mustard gas and get the SUPER-AIDS.
>>
>>7136862
But I wasn't gonna add any mustard, or aids.
>>
soak them in water and sugar overnight first then drain and cover with pickling spice and malt vinegar.
>>
>>7136850
You're going to need to pickle them.
Get pot and dissolve like 3/4 cups of sugar in 2 cups of vinegar or something and like 3 tbsp of salt.
I cant remember the ratio to be honest, I just dick around til it tastes like pickle juice. Then you put the onions in your clean container then let it sit for at least a week. This is how I make my pickled cabbage only I add ginger to that mix.
>>
Don't pickle them!
It's kind of a waste.
You should lactoferment them instead. Way healthier than pickling.
>>
>>7136872
how do you think mustard gas and SUPER-AIDS are formed? pleb
>>
>>7136899
Feeding Africans mustard, and then lots of soda.

>>7136892
>>7136889
>>7136884
Thanks anons, i'l probably do what the first guy said and soak them in sugar water over-night before i put them in the vinegar.
>>
>>7136861
They will probably get moldy, you need a vaccum seal an then boil afterwards to kill of any bacteria
My family allways made the eggs and onions for christmas in summer
>>
>>7136892
How?
>>
>>7137059
It's dead easy. Way easier than pickling. Google nigger.
>>
>>7136850
Peel the onions. Soak them overnight in salt water. Place them in to sterilised jars and cover in vinegar. You can also add any other flavours you like. I normally add a few chillis. As you work your way through the jar, the heat starts to intensify.

Its best if you can get something that forms a seal, such as a kilner jar. But if youre just making them for home use, I really cant see that a coffee jar will kill you. Just make sure that the onions are fully submerged in the vinegar and the lid is on properly.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.