[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everything is good with garlic. Discuss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: download.jpg (5KB, 244x144px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 244x144px
Everything is good with garlic.

Discuss
>>
File: jubjub_garlic_baby[1].gif (8KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
jubjub_garlic_baby[1].gif
8KB, 150x150px
>make roasted garlic
>spread a layer of roasted garlic 1/4 inch thick on homemade bread
>mfw
>>
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/40-cloves-and-a-chicken-recipe.html

Just don't eat it if you have to be around people the next day
>>
>>7134595
Agreed

>>7134605
What a load of shit

Just brush your teeth and use deodorant; two things you should do every day anyway
>>
>>7134608
Fucking this.

That "40 cloves" recipe isn't even all that garlicky as the long cooking time really mellows out the flavor.
>>
>>7134608
In my experience it seeps through your pores.
>>
>>7134595

Garlic bacon blt is heaven anon
>>
>>7134595

pretty much any dish that isn't a dessert is better with garlic in it.
>>
>>7134595
discuss going back to reddit fagbait
>>
>>7134651

>reddit fagbait calling out reddit fagbait
>>
>>7134608
If with a chick and both people eat garlic then neither will really notice the smell since it's on both people.
>>
>>7134667
Touched a nerve did I?
>>
>>713462

>be security guard in college
>be required to admit and monitor contracted after hours cleaners as they clean the offices and take out the trash
>be overpowered by strange stench emanating from one of the cleaners
>discover eastern European man that ate so much garlic it seeped through his pores and left a trail of stench in his wake everywhere he went
>laugh when supervisor tells you how the employees were complaining, and that the stench was so bad it remained in the offices 10 hours after departure of eastern European man

I don't know how much garlic that dude had to eat, or how often, but it must have been a metric ass load, and I've never encountered anyone like that since.
>>
File: kiko_garlic_baby.gif (10KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
kiko_garlic_baby.gif
10KB, 150x150px
>>7134604
i once made pasta with a whole roasted garlic cloves and roasted baby tomatoes
was amazing and everythign smelt like garlic after

kinda curious now about how candied garlic would taste
>>
>recipe calls for 2-4 cloves of garlic
>adds at least 8

>making mashed potatoes
>roast entire head of garlic

>Garlic powder
>ABOMINATION

>any kind of pasta
>better add half a head garlic

>garlic bread?
>More like bread with garlic amirite?
>>
>>7134839
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>7134905

No one. Just perpetuating the abnormal devotion to the garlic.

Garlic is love
>>
>>7134839

>Garlic powder
>ABOMINATION

Garlic powder is really useful to have, especially since it dilutes so easily.
>>
>>7134911
>>7134923

Garlic salt is even better
>>
>>7134928
>Garlic salt is even better

No way.

You can't add enough garlic flavor without getting too salty.
>>
>>7134928

Fuck no. What if I want garlic but no salt? It makes much more sense to have them separate, that way you can use as much or as little of either, as needed.

>>7134923
I agree that it has its uses, but frankly it's just so inflexible compared to fresh garlic. Not only is it less flavorful, but it's a one trick pony. With fresh garlic you can adjust the taste and texture by how you cut and prepare it. Want a nice sharp bite? Leave it raw. Want a mellower taste? Cook it. Want a really rich flavor? roast it. You don't have those options with garlic powder.
>>
>>7134968
Garlic is hard to come by when it's not in season where I live.
I do agree with everything you say, but some times you have to make do with what you have.
>>
>>7135004
>Garlic is hard to come by when it's not in season where I live.
You should move
>>
>>7134968
garlic powder is for grilling only, desu.
>>
>>7135036

it's really bad for grilling because it's dry and thus can burn easily. grilling is among the worst applications I can think of for garlic powder
>>
>>7135004
>>7135034
seriously, where the fuck do you live? in some shit bakcwater village? anyways, you can buy a fuckload and let it sit in a 50f dark dry space and it'll keep the winter
>>
>>7135040
That is so false it hurts.
>>
>>7135040
Is that why all dry rubs include garlic powder?
>>
>>7135089

dry rub is for BBQ (low, slow, indirect heat), not grilling (direct high heat)
>>
>>7134608
>brush your teeth
you know the smell comes from the stomach, right?
>>
File: skordalia.jpg (23KB, 386x257px) Image search: [Google]
skordalia.jpg
23KB, 386x257px
>>7134595
Anyone here ever have Skordalia?
>>
No, not everything.

I cook almost everything with it however. How can you start a decent sautée without those little shits?
>>
>>7134839
garlic powder is good in popcorn
>>
>>7138890
that sounds amazing
but I see like 3 different bases, which one is more traditional and which one is best?
>>
>>7134595
garlic is good for you. Especially organic and raw.
>>
>>7134608
For me the sulphur enters the bloodstream and sublimates from the lungs of me. Out the nose it goes.
>>
>>7134595
Yes. Ate it a lot raw when I had yeast infection. Really works
>>
Let me give you garlic lovers a tip.

Buy jars of pre chopped garlic in OIL, not water.

You get alot more garlic in the jars that are packed in oil, and the garlic tastes better then the stuff that is in the water.

Ive been using the garlic packed in oil for everything for years and its good. dont mess with bulbs its not worth it.

Oil packed Garlic is great for all cooking.
>>
File: baittruck.jpg (135KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
baittruck.jpg
135KB, 625x626px
>>7140007
>dont mess with bulbs its not worth it
>>
When I worked in kitchens we used to get buckets of garlic that was already peeled. And we took them and threw it into the food processor and added some oil and blitz the hell out of it till it was minced.

This was the garlic we used on the line for the rest of the week.

Peeling all that by hand would be a nightmare.
>>
>>7139731
No you idiot. You have to cut a clove of garlic so fine it becomes dust and then you may put it over the popcorn.
>>
>>7139733
personally i prefer the bread-based one.
the potato-based one is very mild.
>>
I use garlic all the time. Usually use 3x the amount a recipe calls for.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.