[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys reckon Guy Fieri knives are ok for at home non-professional

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1444386371803.jpg (35KB, 229x346px) Image search: [Google]
1444386371803.jpg
35KB, 229x346px
Do you guys reckon Guy Fieri knives are ok for at home non-professional use? They are cheap and look cool
>>
If you like wasting money for red handles, sure.
Get a Fibrox or Chicago Cutlery.
>>
Wasting money? They are so cheap compared to victorinox
>>
>>7133748
CHOP YOUR WAY TO FLAVORTOWN!
>>
>>7133748
Yes
>>
When you buy celebrity branded cookware, you are paying for their logo. Last one I got was a cast iron pan, returned it when the finish began flaking immediately for a much better (and cheaper) Lodge cast iron pan made in the USA.
>>
>>7133748

if you're going to buy a cheap shit knife, just buy a cheap shit knife. I bought a $3 one off Amazon and it works fine for what it is.spending more than that on something that you know is going to be shitty is a waste.
>>
>>7134401
>Dragon Dildo
>>
>>7134406
Thanks captain obvious. Nobody here would have known that if you hadn't mentioned it.
>>
A quick google search reveals that knives by Guy come in varying levels of faggotry, with the cheaper models looking a bit less silly.

Also, the price was pretty average compared to other popular brands.

If you are asking if it's okay to use a knife you don't need anything sharper than scissors.
>>
>>7134401
Look at that overdesigned garbage. Sore we all went though an edgy phase, but it's supposed to get crushed out of us in high school by taste and bullies. What the fuck happened in Guy's life that it wasn't?

>>7134406
Lodge has a gritty surface and is shit. Fuck off shill.
>>
File: pepuku.jpg (82KB, 602x635px) Image search: [Google]
pepuku.jpg
82KB, 602x635px
>>7133748

>Do you guys reckon Guy Fieri knives are ok for at home non-professional use? They are cheap and look cool

You dishonor your ancestors.
Only highest quality Nippon steel folded 10,000 times is suitable for light home cooking duty.
>>
>>7133748
>Guy Fieri knives

I'd be embarrassed to own anything associated with Coke Boy.
>>
File: 1436194603600.jpg (204KB, 1600x1061px) Image search: [Google]
1436194603600.jpg
204KB, 1600x1061px
>>7133748
I bought a Guy Fieri rubber spatula...
>tfw the handle is untreated wood
>tfw i get a splinter everytime i've used it
>>
I bought some Forschner victorinox knives when I was 16 and I still cook with them daily.

I am nearly 38 now and I worked in professional kitchens.

They used to be my work knives and now i have others for work, i just use these at home.
>>
>>7137057
I have a set of henckel's that I use for the last 15 years. They USED to be a good knife.
>>
>>7137073

Yea i stayed away from them for many reasons.

The knives are too narrow and they have a extra bit of metal by the bolster that makes it harder to sharpen. You basically have to grind it down because if you dont the knife will not cut.

When you put the knife down on the board it will not chop all the way through the stuff you are cutting. I saw this happen on many of their knives, its a bad design over long term.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.