[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone getting anything food-related for Christmas?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

File: sriracha2go.jpg (36KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
sriracha2go.jpg
36KB, 600x600px
Anyone getting anything food-related for Christmas?
>>
I'm going to guess that anyone who has this absolutely loves Game of Thrones
>>
>>7130491
How would I know what I'm getting? Wait, don't tell me you ASK for specific presents?????
>>
>>7130493

?
>>
>>7130495
I think he means because it's Reddit's favorite show.
>>
>>7130497

Weird way to spell The Walking Dead.
>>
I like sriracha
>>
>>7130501
Awful curious way of spelling Jessica Jones
>>
>>7130504
Maybe in flyover states. It's been pretty common in the civilized world for over a decade.
>>
>>7130504
I don't like Sriracha

Same pic.
>>
>>7130504

I haven't had it but it sounds like it would be delicious.
>>
>>7130491
I've been informed by my parents that they're going to send me some Omaha steaks.
>>
>>7130491
obscure hot sauces, jerky, very dark chocolate, food processor, maybe one of those carbon steel skillets

Any good books or other ideas?
>>
>>7130491
What is up with this sauce?

I'm a newfag to /ck/ and I have as bottle of this shit in the back of my fridge and it's been there for months. Why is it a meme sauce?

In the day i've been browsing this board i've seen it so many times
>>
>>7130548
Anything popular is meme or hipster.
>>
>>7130548
That's because this board is shit, and so is the meme meme.

It's a popular asian chili sauce that hipsters latched onto over half a decade ago, and 4chan is autistic.
>>
>>7130554
>hipsters

No, it's popular because it's been on the table at every Asian restaurant in California for over a decade. It spread from there. Hipsters mixing mayo with it is a relatively new thing.
>>
File: 41i1vhhRgaL._SY355_.jpg (6KB, 224x355px) Image search: [Google]
41i1vhhRgaL._SY355_.jpg
6KB, 224x355px
Anova Precision sous vide memestick
>>
>>7130548
It's a common hotsauce.
Some flyover states have only started seeing in in the past year or so, and are either overly excited about it or enraged that it exists and that some pople enjoy it.
>>
>>7130562
Thank you for your serious reply.
OP here. I hope I'm getting a stand mixer. I was looking thru a slideshow of food related gifts and thought that one (sriracha) was funny.
>>
>>7130561
first off
>in California

second, Hipsters did latch onto it, making it a hip food trend for a time. Just like PBR and fixies. Has nothing to do with origin. Now it's completely ubiquitous, and mainstream with fast food locations putting a "new" and "trendy" ingredient on their menus. /ck/ hated on it because 4chan likes to think it's ahead-of-the-curve counterculture.

Nothing to do with popularity, origin, or even truth. Just retarded fuckmonkeys of different stripes doing shit for reasons.
>>
>>7130569
I got a meat grinder attachment for mine a few years back for Christmas. I recommend one.
>>
>>7130574
It did not become popular from hipsters. Did a hipster rape your mother?
>>
>>7130491

I'm getting my sister a Vietnamese drip coffee thing, a block of the proper viet coffee and a couple of tins of condensed milk.

Last year I got her an Aeropress, year before a Turkish Cezve and a hand burr grinder. It will be her eighth option for making coffee if you include instant, which I don't think she would.
>>
File: tipping-hipster.jpg (33KB, 960x428px) Image search: [Google]
tipping-hipster.jpg
33KB, 960x428px
>>7130554

>Asian chili sauce
>made in California

How very hipster of you to be so obstinate in your desire to be so contrary to facts. I admire that you have dedicated yourself so thoroughly to this subculture.
>>
File: mikudayo creepier than ever4.jpg (516KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
mikudayo creepier than ever4.jpg
516KB, 900x675px
>>7130491
Why doesn't huy fong actually sell these tiny carabiner-sized sriracha bottles?
They could make a massive profit off retarded reddit users by selling them 1 fl oz of sauce at a stupid markup.
>>
>>7130608
tapatio, is considered mexican for all intents and purposes, yet it was created in california
>>
My folks are getting me a dog :)
>>
>>7130705
>food related xmas gift
>getting a dog

you a chink?
>>
>>7130491
My sister-in-law used to send these sucky brownies or fudge that I'd never eat. I asked my brother to ask her discreetly to not send them anymore. I put it really nicely, I'm a single guy and this is way too much for me and blah blah blah. My bro knew what I meant though.
>>
>>7130710
He needs a recipie for broiled dog and cat medley with string beans.
>>
>>7130569
>I was looking thru a slideshow of food related gifts and thought that one (sriracha) was funny.
you derailed your own thread, OP
>>
My gf and I are taking each other to momofuku ko
>>
>>7130491
i'll go on a killing spree if someone gets me sriracha for christmas
>>
>>7130975
>looking a gift horse in the mouth
>>
>Getting 2 chipotle burritos
>>
>>7130616
They probably do, in first class sections of airplanes.
>>
>>7130908
Good times, you got shark brand!
>>
getting a new set of cutting boards (1 for each major meat and one for vegetables) and new dutch oven
>>
>>7130608
There are large Asian communities in california
>>
>>7130491
i might ask for a knife, but its not important. i got tools already for decent work
>>
>2015
>Knowing what Santa is giving you for Christmas
Is there some app for this?
>>
File: dscn0617.jpg (46KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
dscn0617.jpg
46KB, 1024x768px
>>7130491
Every year, as a joke, I get my little bro a can of Armour potted meat from the dollar store. I usually end up tasting it later when we're drunk and it's always terrible.

I got him 3 tins of cod liver as an actual gift this year because he mentioned he wanted to try it. I'll admit, I'm curious as well.
>>
>>7132626
That's terrible, but I guess that's the point. The canned meat aisle is actually one of my favorites to find new discoveries in.
>>
>>7130504
>tfw mudslimes and hipster faggots ruined my natural beard and handlebar facial hair look

I guess if I stay pasty white and don't get any piercings I wont be mistaked
>>
>>7130491
I got this for my dad. They probably won't taste good.
>>
>>7132854
Get over it and become a hipster get hipster poon all day.
>>
>>7130975

doing Cali proud son.
>>
Me and the missus are taking each other to Troisgros (***)
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.