[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is your daily reminder that MSG and aspertame have no negative

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 5

File: MSG-is-dangerous.jpg (164KB, 620x396px) Image search: [Google]
MSG-is-dangerous.jpg
164KB, 620x396px
This is your daily reminder that MSG and aspertame have no negative side effects on the human body. Any scientific study trying to call it "unhealthy" has been disproven.
>>
My mom's uncle was on the team that developed aspertame.
>>
I have been looking for it in stores for a while and can't find it

also know what I miss? chips with olestra
a greasy butthole is a small price to pay to be able to eat as many chips as I want without thinking twice about it.
>>
>>7130431
>This is your daily reminder that MSG and aspertame have no negative side effects on the human body.
Except that they allow you to derive satisfaction from not very nutritious foods. Over time that could become a problem.
>>
Only thing about aspartame is that it may affect people with a certain kidney condition
>>
>>7130459
Oh shit
>>
>>7130459
what if

what if I put it on my vegetables

and just eat vegetables all the time.

vegetables for breakfast. vegetables for dessert.
>>
Oh they've all been disproven? Thanks so much, I didn't know that. No need to post any evidence to support your claims, we'll all just take your word for it since anonymous posters on 4chan are completely infallible.

Great thread by the way.
>>
MSG makes savoury foods tastier. Aspartame makes sweets not as tasty as sugar does.
>>
>>7130472
Ignorance is bliss I suppose

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspartame#Safety_and_health_effects

inb4 >Wikipedia

Everything is cited
>>
>>7130476
How do you know that Wikipedia article and the corresponding "studies" aren't all sponsored by the same billionaire crooks that corrupt the FDA?

When there's hundreds of millions of dollars at stake, putting together a few moody "experiments" is nothing, whereas the scientists who demonstrated that aspartame can cause grand mal seizures and increase the risk of cancer have no motive other than public safety.

If it's so safe, why was it banned by the FDA twice?
>>
>>7130516
>how do ou know that the Wikipedia article and the corresponding "studies" aren't all sponsored by the same billionaire crooks that corrupt the FDA

Because I'm not a complete fucking autist retard
>>
>>7130470
You'd be protein deficient.
>>7130475
This is a good point. Probably because MSG is salt.
>>
>>7130518
If you're not a complete fucking autist retard then why do you argue like one?

Are you sure you're old enough to be on 4chan?
>>
MSG is safe, aspartame is not under certain conditions.
>>
>>7130470
underrated post
>>
msg is the devil's dandruff!
>>
>>7130529
>no you!!!!!

Can't blame the vaccines for this behavior, anon.
>>
>>7130529
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbytqzSh8dY
>>
>>7130470
doesn't spinach and romaine lettuce have more protein pound for pound than beef itself
>>
File: 1.png (47KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
47KB, 512x512px
>>7130552
>that comment section
>>
I love how you fucking retards will jump at the chance to defend shitty adulterants but completely go full cvck when it comes to sugar.
Sugar is the worst thing you can eat. Sugar has literally been scientifically proven to cause heart disease, diabetes, obesity, fatty liver disease, cancer, etc. But you mouth breathing fucking mongoloids froth at the mouth if anybody mentions how horrible this molecule is.
Disappointing little shits, I think it's all the brainwashing you've had, the lack of education, and of course the addictive properties of sugar that cause you to justify you own addiction with the propaganda you've had shoved down your throat your whole miserable life.
>>
>>7130559
spinach is 8 grams of protein per 10 oz
beef is 73 grams per 10oz
romaine has a little less than 3.5 per 10oz
>>
>>7130570
The one where GMO's and Monsanto are mentioned is my favorite.
>>
>>7130443
It's sometime go under the name Ajinomoto. Which is a Japanese brand, not sure how likely it is for you but I've found it once.
>>
File: keke.png (224KB, 800x550px) Image search: [Google]
keke.png
224KB, 800x550px
>>7130551
What are you on about? You're the one who sperged out and I called you on it.

I can't help noticing you've side-stepped every point I've made in favour of ad hominem attacks. Is that because you have no argument or because you just can't stop the aspartame-fueled sperg rage from taking over?
>>
>>7130576
>aspartame was banned twice
>trans fats banned in 5 european countries
>sugar was banned zero times
>sugar is the worst thing you can eat
It's not good in excess but it's not the worst.
>>
>>7130596
>you're the one who sperged out

>I say this as I continue to rant on about absolutely nothing with absolutely zero verifiable proof

>I can't help you've side stepped every point I've made in favor of ad hominem attacks

Weird, you seemed to have side-stepped actual facts and research in favor of your genetically encoded aspie rage based on pure paranoia

Those vaccines didn't do too much to you, did they?
>>
>>7130613
>can't even greentext properly
If this shill's supervisor is reading this, fire this useless bitch immediately. I've seen some shitty attempts at shilling in my time but this one is transparent as fuck and convincing nobody.
>>
>>7130613
>monsanto sponsored research
>actual facts
Pick one.
>>
>>7130636
>can't even greentext properly

Oh, are we no longer engaging in discussion because we have no argument?

:)

>>7130639
And where are your actual facts?

In your salvia trips with the shaman?
>>
I try not to take in too much aspartame, but I don't particularly avoid it, either. I like a Fresca now and then. Same with MSG. Not afraid of it at all, but do I really need a ton of added sodium in my diet?
>>
The negative affect of aspartame is it tastes like shit.
>>
>>7130671
>where are your actual facts?

http://www.medicinenet.com/artificial_sweeteners/page8.htm
>Dr. Roberts (MD) reports that by 1998, aspartame products were the cause of 80% of complaints to the FDA about food additives. Some of these symptoms include headache, dizziness, change in mood, vomiting or nausea, abdominal pain and cramps, change in vision, diarrhea, seizures/convulsions, memory loss, and fatigue. Along with these symptoms, links to aspartame are made for fibromyalgia symptoms, spasms, shooting pains, numbness in your legs, cramps, tinnitus, joint pain, unexplainable depression, anxiety attacks, slurred speech, blurred vision, multiple sclerosis, systemic lupus, and various cancers.

>One study confirmed that individuals with self-reported headaches after the ingestion of aspartame were indeed susceptible to headaches due to aspartame. Three randomized double-blind, placebo-controlled studies with more than 200 adult migraine sufferers showed that headaches were more frequent and more severe in the aspartame-treated group.

http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/dailys/03/jan03/012203/02p-0317_emc-000199.txt
>numerous serious toxicity
effects including grand mal seizures

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/11/06/aspartame-most-dangerous-substance-added-to-food.aspx
>Dr. Russell L. Blaylock, a professor of neurosurgery at the Medical University of Mississippi, recently published a book thoroughly detailing the damage that is caused by the ingestion of excessive aspartic acid from aspartame. Blaylock makes use of almost 500 scientific references to show how excess free excitatory amino acids such as aspartic acid and glutamic acid (about 99 percent of monosodium glutamate or MSG is glutamic acid) in our food supply are causing serious chronic neurological disorders and a myriad of other acute symptoms.

So there are "facts" on both sides, except one side has billions of dollars and a strong profit motive to present aspartame as safe...
>>
>>7130671
>are we no longer engaging in discussion because we have no argument?
No, we're no longer engaging in discussion because your entire argument quickly became name calling instead of addressing the points you were presented with here: >>7130516.

Ironic that you call others "aspie" in the middle of a bizarre sperg fit.

>consume aspartame
>become this retarded
Scary.
>>
>>7130433
I was on the team last night that gangbanged your mum
>>
>>7130688
I love how your facts are instantly quashed in the Wikipedia article you didn't even bother reading and your only evidence is pure tinfoil buffoonery

>one side has billion dollars

One side has science on its side is what you mean
>>
>>7130697
*we're no longer engaging in discussion because I have no argument, get offended by mean words which trigger my autism, and am going to take the intellectual high ground by completely avoiding any argument and stooping to your level which I had just criticized by namecalling and not even bothering arguing. Also did you know I'm autistic because of my vaccines?

ftfy, anon :)
>>
What's the use in using msg when you have salt?
>>
>>7130516
>How do you know that Wikipedia article and the corresponding "studies" aren't all sponsored by the same billionaire crooks that corrupt the FDA?
but...
>If it's so safe, why was it banned by the FDA twice?
Hmm, okay then.
>>
>>7130720
What's the use in salt when you have Knorr Chicken Stock Pot?
>>
>>7130709
>Three randomized double-blind, placebo-controlled studies with more than 200 adult migraine sufferers
>tinfoil buffoonery
Keep slurping down Monsanto's toxic jizz and posting on /ck/ about how it hasn't made you retarded.

>>7130712
So you're not going to address any of the points? Have you given up because of fatigue? I hear that's a common side effect of eating aspartame, you should stay away from it m8.
>>
File: wilyface04.png (215KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
wilyface04.png
215KB, 500x375px
>guy who discovered MSG apparently had a salt fetish or rather a fetish of a "new kind of taste" he was trying to market as.
>>
>>7130431
what does store bought msg taste like?
>>
Threads like these are what has convinced me that 4chan is rampantly patrolled by paid industry shills.

There is no way someone would make a thread like this without being paid to do so.

Even as pure shitposting it doesn't make sense.
>>
>>7130919
It's been common knowledge amongst a lot of users for a while now.

I remember calling out a shill on /tv/ and there was a flood of posts calling me paranoid, saying 4chan isn't "important" enough to attract shills etc. There was about 10+ almost identical replies in as many minutes. I pointed out that even finely crafted bait rarely gets that level of response and suddenly the replies stopped on a dime.
>>
>>7130931
They do this on facebook, not 4chan

DARPA needs to know how to manipulate normies, no one gives a shit about greasy neckbeard shut-ins
>>
>>7130906

Not as good as homemade, but it's fine for your filthy casual pleb meals.
>>
>>7130906
Meaty
>>
Find me one decent chinese restaurant that uses msg powder as an ingredient instead of using naturally brewed and fermented condiments and simmered stocks.
>>
>>7130919
People make threads like this because they know someone like you will get mad and call them shills.
The only times I've been called a shill online were by paranoid schizophrenics.
>>
File: 1446754523029.jpg (343KB, 1200x1445px) Image search: [Google]
1446754523029.jpg
343KB, 1200x1445px
>>7130431
>>
>>7130470
>>7130523
>>7130559
>>7130577
IIRC if you eat a variety or beans, rice, vegetables, fruits you can get all the protein the average non-athlete needs. It's vitamin b12 that vegetarians have trouble with. b12 is made by bacteria but it's in meat (I think because plant eaters like cows who ferment their food in their stomachs accumulate it or because of bacteria in meat idk).
>>
>>7130431
There wasn't even a study about MSG. It was some guy with a degree who had an opinion.
>>
>>7130742
What's the use in Knorr Chicken Stock Pot when you have smegma?
>>
>>7130799
>http://www.stevia.net
Seems legit.
>>
>>7130470
YOURE A GENIUS
>>
>>7130992
Jesus Christ, my mother falls for this shit all the time
>don't eat pasta anon, it causes cancer
>alkali water prevents cancer
>milk is evil, drink soy milk. soy is sooo much better for you
>>
Actually msg fucks me up hard. On 4 separate occasions I've eaten foods with high amounts of msg, within an hour I developed a head splitting migraine lasting 6-8 hours, rendering me unable to do anything but turn off the lights and writhe around in pain on my bed, periodically puking. It is hell and reoccurring migraines have been shown to be damaging to the brain almost as much as chronic concussions. So yea, it absolutely can have lasting health effects

And aspartame just tastes like garbage
>>
I fucking love diet coke, but I keep hearing it said that your body things its sugar (triggers insulin response or something) and hence it'd bad for you / may even cause diabetus.

Any truth to this?
>>
I've heard it said that there's no scientific basis to 'Chinese food syndrome', and I fucking love me some MSG-loaded dirty Chinese takeout.

But I also sometimes eat flavoured sunflower seeds that are LOADED with MSG, and if I eat too many I get this weird sorta caffein-like buzz, but... weirder. Definitely feel drugged, and I'm pretty sure it's the MSG in them. But doesn't stop me from eating them.
>>
>>7131495
it DOES trigger insulin responses but less than drinking regular coke
>>
>>7131231
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Re6pZri8Gw
>>
>>7130431
As it turns out, it's actually all the fructose in sucrose and high fructose corn syrup that's causing people to get fat. kek
>>
>>7130609
No, it literally is the worst of those. There's just too much money flowing through the Corn Grower's association for anybody to do anything about it.
>>
>>7132176
...or that there's an excessive amount of food cheaply available to most people in developed nations
>>
>>7130688
Bodybuilders take aspartic acid in significantly larger doses than the amount in a 2 liter of diet soda with aspartame.
>>
>>7130688
>mercola.com
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Christ, I was going to actually try to refute your points, but now I'm not going to bother. This speaks for itself
>>
>>7132176
No, its people stuffing their fat faceholes and not moving from the desk/couch all day
>>
I actually tried some pure MSG crystals from a shelf in the place I work at.

It's really interesting. I was expecting it to be more salty but it's not... and it IS meaty... It always sounded weird when people described it as that, but just the pure thing... does taste meaty and metallic... almost like blood. It was pretty bizarre of a taste experience, because the flavour seems uncanny with that kind of texture.
>>
>>7131473
honestly, you probably just ate a lot of greasy food and that did more damage than the MSG inside it.
>>
>>7131473
do you eat meat and mushrooms or soy sauce, really any kind of japanese food containing seaweed? because if you can eat those foods without having a reaction then your reaction doesn't exist glutimate exists naturally in high amounts in most foods, including breast milk fed to babies. The sodium ion in does nothing different chemically in your body, it just changes the physical properties so you can sprinkle it as a solid
>>
>>7130919
You underestimate how easily such loyalty can emerge from within your average internet warrior
>>
>>7130919
I don't know. I was just seeing on Facebook a sort of 'strike' against Nestlé in my country for selling food filled with GMOs, especially in baby formula. It is known that they cause no damage to people (although they can really fuck up the environment, etc., etc.) but I hate it when people say things without knowing.
I have also heard about MSG, but know nothing about and I don't use it, so I don't care.
But it's good that if people are against something (or pro something) it's because of the right reasons, and not some bs they heard on facebook.
>>
>>7131061
this, I used to get shots for b12 before finding more natural sources. Why shots? Cheaper to get it than to buy vitamins. The doctor's clinic tried to get me to do it myself at home but if my taxes are paying for them fuck it I'll use em since I'm not going for other shit since otherwise healthy.
>>
>>7130688
anyone can "prove" or "disprove" anything by cherry picking studies.
>>
>>7130992
Every single time. I try not to let it get to me, but it always does. You can feel the stupid emanating from the screen.
>>
>>7130702

Rude.
>>
>>7130702
My dad works at Nintendo.
>>
>>7131473
>reoccurring migraines have been shown to be damaging to the brain almost as much as chronic concussions.

I hope this is true, I know a bitch of a bitch who gets migraines on a bimonthly basis.
>>
>>7130431
>aspartame
>no negative side effects

except tasting like shit
>>
>>7130431
I have to disagree about aspartame. Its consumption can influence your gut microbiota, leading to glucose intolerance and potentially diabetes.
Source: doi:10.1038/nature13793
>>
>>7134955
Or, if you prefer:
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v514/n7521/abs/nature13793.html
>>
>>7131495
See the study mentioned here >>7134955
>>7134963
>>
>>7132160
You're wrong. See this >>7134955
>>7134963
>>
>>7134963
nature.com?
You are going to consider that a wholesome well rounded and unbiased resource?
K where the natural news article bub I'm waiting
>>
>>7135018
You're an idiot
>>
>>7135018
Here's the abstract of the peer-reviewed article that was linked:
>Non-caloric artificial sweeteners (NAS) are among the most widely used food additives worldwide, regularly consumed by lean and obese individuals alike. NAS consumption is considered safe and beneficial owing to their low caloric content, yet supporting scientific data remain sparse and controversial. Here we demonstrate that consumption of commonly used NAS formulations drives the development of glucose intolerance through induction of compositional and functional alterations to the intestinal microbiota. These NAS-mediated deleterious metabolic effects are abrogated by antibiotic treatment, and are fully transferrable to germ-free mice upon faecal transplantation of microbiota configurations from NAS-consuming mice, or of microbiota anaerobically incubated in the presence of NAS. We identify NAS-altered microbial metabolic pathways that are linked to host susceptibility to metabolic disease, and demonstrate similar NAS-induced dysbiosis and glucose intolerance in healthy human subjects. Collectively, our results link NAS consumption, dysbiosis and metabolic abnormalities, thereby calling for a reassessment of massive NAS usage.
>>
>>7135025
Thanks anon, I knew this shit had to be bad.
So fucking glad I ditched sugar and anything sweet. All that stuff is industrial waste and they want you addicted to it!
I've been eating lactofermented vegetables and have noticed some changes in my gut... Hope I can cure all the damage that's been done over the years thanks to corporations passing off industrial waste as food products and additives.
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.