[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So who actually drinks much less enjoys Egg Nog? Doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7

File: EggNog-Gold-PlsHalfGbig.jpg (13KB, 200x379px) Image search: [Google]
EggNog-Gold-PlsHalfGbig.jpg
13KB, 200x379px
So who actually drinks much less enjoys Egg Nog?

Doesn't this shit taste horrid?
>>
No, I have a mature palate.
>>
Honestly I always thought it would taste bad until I had some a couple days ago. It's pretty good, but it's very think. I'd cut mine with some milk. I also want to make some. Any good recipes? I'm not a drinker so would you recommend some liquor I should put in it? I really don't know much about making eggnog.
>>
Make it yourself, you'll actually be able to taste it without all the preservatives and flavor extracts turning it into chemical swill.
>>
>>7127062
Are you anti-vaxxer too?

Everything is made of chemicals
>>
>>7127060
You don't cut eggnog with milk. You cut it with cognac and rum
>>
File: 1429381986022.jpg (208KB, 899x650px) Image search: [Google]
1429381986022.jpg
208KB, 899x650px
>>7127046
I think it's great in small doses. It doesn't mix well with alcohol for me.
>>
>>7127046
Eggnog?? Thought you meant to say nignog nahsayin?
>>
>>7127046
If you don't like it then why do you buy it? You fucking shill bitch.
>>
>>7127065
Are you a fucking retard too?
Water is a chemical by definition, but you're mentally incapacitated if you can't tell the difference between water and some of the unpronounceable chemical shit that gets put in "food".
Regardless, the FDA's definition of "eggnog" allows manufacturers to sell "eggnog" that's less than 1% actual eggs. Store-bought doesn't taste anything close to homemade.
>>
do liquor stores sell egg nog? Or do I have to buy some at a grocery store and mix some with my own?
>>
>>7127093
Depends on jurisdiction. For instance in NY upstate anyway they can't sell anything non alcholic. It's total bullshit but those are the laws.

Propoganda - P-Machinery - Peters Popshow - 1985
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsB82bZ7msE
>>
>>7127046
I like to put the kind that has alcohol in it in my coffee.
>>
File: Eggnog Recipe.png (613KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Eggnog Recipe.png
613KB, 1280x800px
It's ok. I can't drink it like my husband and uncle do. Pic Related, this is the recipe I use. It gets you FUCKED up and it's also pretty good. My thing is that it's only good when it's VERY COLD, so I like putting a little dollop of French vanilla Ice cream in as an ice cube that keeps it cool.

Speaking of this particular recipe. WTF happened to HeartsOnFire!??! No Advent last year.
>>
>>7127046
Egg nog is the one thing I look forward to on christmas. I could go through a gallon of the stuff in a day or two so I don't keep it in my own home. Well sometimes I buy those little cartons of it. Homemade or store bought I don't care
>>
Remember, you guys! It's nutmeg on Egg Nog. Cinnamon makes the angels cry.
Also my husband's jazz tastes like Nutmeg every year about this time. Special bonus.
>>
>>7127136
How do people make this stuff. I'd have to spend over a hundred dollars on the booze just to use like a tiny bit of it.
>>
>>7127168
Dude, it's Christmas. If you're strapped for cash you don't HAVE to use brandy, bourbon ANND rum, but we're big drinkers, and the leftover spirits take us into the new year.
Also I have a rich bastard uncle who loves my nog. I toyed with the idea of buying the mini bottles one year, but at BevMo they're like $5 a piece anyway, and if you need 3/4 of a cup, that's multiple tiny bottles. When I worked it out it wasn't much more to just get full size bottles. ALSO I ALWAyS end up making 2+ batches.
But I do a lot of hosting around the holidays, and people always ask what they can bring soon
>>
Propaganda - Duel live
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am1xcjRZnMs
>>
>>7127099
That's called an Irish coffee.
>>
>>7127091
>if you can't tell the difference between a chemical and an unpronounceable chemical

durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
>>
>>7127273
blah blah blah

Talk Talk - It's My Life (Live at Montreux 1986)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rbwz532EQw8
>>
>>7127060
I've always heard it goes best with bourbon.
>>
inb4 alcoholic vs non-alcoholic
>>
>>7127046
I've tried it, but only the really cheap store brand stuff.

Does it actually not have that medicinal aftertaste if you get a good brand?
>>
>2015 not having at least year old aged eggnog

Are you even trying ck?
>>
>>7127315
>aged eggs

Eugh.
>>
>>7127317
You have to activate those eggsies before they become useful.

Activated eggs for the win!
>>
>>7127046
Yes, that shit tastes horrid, but it's not egg nog.
>>
>>7127320
Activated with sugar and liquor.
>>
>>7127274
You said something stupid and incorrect

Blame yourself
>>
>>7127060
I made this one last year, added more milk tho cuz this shit is thick and heavy as fuck, but very tasty. I would never make any of the raw egg version cuz I'm a pussy.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/17989/luscious-eggnog/
>>
>>7127389

If you make it with the proper ratios of alcohol it ends up safer than store bought eggnogs.
http://newswire.rockefeller.edu/2008/12/19/rockefeller-microbiologist-tests-safety-of-spiked-eggnog/
>>
>>7127046
Have you ever had real eggnog? It's pretty damned good. Find a recipe, whip up a batch. Tastes great, especially mixed with coke or rum
>>
whats the difference between this stuff and custard?
>>
File: boiledcustard.png (61KB, 250x300px) Image search: [Google]
boiledcustard.png
61KB, 250x300px
>>7127462
custard is better
>>
>>7127046
loved the crap, the non alcoholic one, when i was young

like the alcoholic one now
>>
File: murica.jpg (134KB, 634x818px) Image search: [Google]
murica.jpg
134KB, 634x818px
>>7127091
>American education
>>
I used to like it, but it's too sweet for me now.
>>
>>7127046
pretty much tastes like milkshake
>>
Can you buy egg nog in the UK ?
>>
>>7127046
Maybe you need the government or space aliens to form an opinion for you.
>>
>>7127046
Tastes like runny spiced custard. Who doesn't want to drink custard?
>>
>>7127604
They likely need a licence or it might offend an islamlic.
>>
>>7127691
Yer mum likes drinking my custard
>>
>>7127552
Yeah, we really suck. That's why your shit nation is being taken over by islamics and you're posting on an American website. How about fuck off you stupid cunt!
>>
>>7127136
what book is this
>>
>>7127889
Man, it's just stupid as shit to go on about "chemicals", you egg. Bet you can't pronounce deoxyribonucelic acid, and that's your fuckin' DNA. Your brain communicates with your body using chemicals. You digest your food with chemicals. A chemical having a long, hard to pronounce name doesn't mean it's toxic, it means that scientific naming conventions don't make sense to a damn layman. Saying "chemicals are bad!" just reveals how little you know about biology.
>>
>>7127941
To a normie chemicals = artificial products (generally colored or clear liquid) that are bad for you. Most have no idea how retarded that sounds though.

Slightly off topic but what is the proper definition for a mineral? A non organic solid lattice?
>>
Off work tonight think I'll buy some eggnog and bourbon. Any recommendations on brands for either? I'm thinking old grandad for the booze no clue as far as nog goes though
>>
So I've never been a big eggnog person till recently.
Bought some store bought shit, tried it normal and mixed with whiskey --had mild results.
Then this soulful, beautiful, black woman came over and made me some.
It's a pretty great drink honestly and it's nice for a buzz. Great for warming up after a long day in the sticks or something.
>>
>>7127046
apparently people drink that shit straight.

my family always cut it with milk
oh, and booze.
>>
>>7127046

>Doesn't this shit taste horrid?

Literally who would think eggnog tastes bad? What is there to taste bad? It's just sweet nutmeggy goodness

I could understand the consistency bugging someone, but not the taste.
>>
>>7127046
>people knockin' on the 'nog
Just, wow, man.
>>
>>7127974
Did you fug?
>>
I've only had one really good egg nog, my aunt made it, probably had alcohol in it. The stuff in stores is no good and I have tried several different brands. Never tried making it myself.
>>
File: 10784076894_2555944830_n.jpg (64KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
10784076894_2555944830_n.jpg
64KB, 320x320px
Publix eggnog is the best. Can't stand watery eggnog, it has to be thick.
>>
>>7127046
Cut it with enough rum and it tastes pretty good.
>>
File: eggnog.jpg (48KB, 1200x872px) Image search: [Google]
eggnog.jpg
48KB, 1200x872px
I love eggnog once a year.

The quality of different brands varies greatly. Some are super sugary, some much more rich tasting.
The brand pictured taste good to me.
>>
Storebought eggnog is disgusting.

Why don't you make your own? If you have a hand or stand mixer it's quite easy.

>milk
>cream
>eggs (beat the whites to stiff peaks to get that extra fluffy volume)
>spices (to your own liking, this is where it gets fun)
>bourbon (if you're a real American; rum if you're a pussy little bitch)
>>
>>7127046
I love eggnog in coffee as a substitute for creamer but I'll drink eggnog non-alcoholic every day this month.
>>
Was out of milk and decided to use a splash of eggnog in my scrambled eggs.
3/10, would not recommend.
>>
>>7128719
top tier taste, Promise Land 'nog is not too far behind, but is wayyy too sugary for my taste.
>>
>>7130021
Why does horizon milk smell so awful though? Go smell your milk and tell me what % and if it was awful.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.