[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do cereal companies get away with selling junk food

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: Froot-Loops-Box-Small.jpg (110KB, 270x400px) Image search: [Google]
Froot-Loops-Box-Small.jpg
110KB, 270x400px
How the fuck do cereal companies get away with selling junk food as something to eat for breakfast AND are able to put shit like this on sugar delivery systems? I've heard that when American cereals/Pop-Tarts are sold in UK import stores they have to cover up these claims with tape. Is that true?
>>
>it's a murica thread
>>
>>7126696
I'm an American who has always been amazed cereal companies get away with this. I remember it used to be worse in like the 90s/early 00's too.
>>
>>7126703
Well, they technically aren't lying. Even with all the fucking sugar and preservatives and chemicals they add to breakfast cereal, it's still made with whole grains which have fiber. They're also usually fortified with vitamins too.

Not defending sugary breakfast cereals, I think they're disgusting but it's not like they're lying about the contents.
>>
File: multi.jpg (299KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
multi.jpg
299KB, 550x550px
There's probably a market for it, and there's no reason why they shouldn't be allowed to sell cereal.

There are lots of cereals to choose from, and plenty that have little to no sugar, it's not hard to avoid the bad ones.

Fruit Loops aren't even cheap, I don't know why they're so popular. I can buy shredded wheat for like 2 or three dollars a box, and the box is bigger and heavier than the Fruit Loops one.
>>
File: OK.jpg (166KB, 1300x866px) Image search: [Google]
OK.jpg
166KB, 1300x866px
shut the fuck up you fucking piece of shit fruit loops are delicious its the only cereal that I even eat when you are patient and wait for the cereal to sog up a little bit is when they are fucking prime for ingesting like jesus fucking christ whoever made that shit needs his dick sucked everyday by that fucking toucan on the box but what the fuck do toucans have to do with fruit loops
>>
>>7126692
>these claims
Which claims?
>>
>How the fuck do cereal companies get away with selling junk food as something to eat for breakfast AND are able to put shit like this on sugar delivery systems?

It's not illegal. Also, sugary cereals can contain vitamins and be considered a LITTLE healthy.

Anyway, hot cereal best cereal. You can add whatever you want to it.
>>
>>7126765
They're just tasty man. Simple as that. Shredded wheat isn't tasty
>>
>>7127226
it is very tasty.
>>
File: 1112.jpg (67KB, 514x437px) Image search: [Google]
1112.jpg
67KB, 514x437px
>>7127226
>Shredded wheat isn't tasty
>>
>>7127226

>It's not illegal.

pretty much the problem
>>
>>7127330

well that and properly educating the society/children on nutrition and phasing out these companies by simply neglecting their products
>>
All breakfast cereals are shit. Even the ones that aren't loaded with sugar. Overprocessed grains are a terrible breakfast. Eating this stuff is a good habit to kick. Replace it with vegetables alongside a glass of milk, and I guarantee you'll feel a health improvement within a fortnight.
>>
File: 1446349433369.jpg (100KB, 611x575px) Image search: [Google]
1446349433369.jpg
100KB, 611x575px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZTzA6QaFvQ
Must watch, I had almost forgotten about this.
Pretty interesting for a documentary, there was also one about bottled water I believe.
>>
>>7127352
replace that milk with water. You are neither a baby, nor are you a cow
>>
>>7127364
Nigger detected
>>
>>7127364

poor baby sorry milk makes you shit your pants but some of us are genetically superior
>>
>>7126776
'froot' loops are legitimately the worst cereal, tastes like artificial shitty fruit
>>
>>7126692

Yeah in the uk all cereal from America has coloured tape covering the front parts of the box so you can't read all of it
>>
>>7126776
Toucans are colourful, and tropical. Fruit loops are colourful and most fruits are grown in or near the tropics
>>
>>7126692
OP, are you that stupid? Marketing and advertising degrees. How do morons such as you get away with living?
>>
>>7127226
You mean it's not sugary. Youre a tasteless sugar zombie
>>
>>7127739
>Youre

Hedging your bets?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.