[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recipe Storage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

So how does everyone store their recipes?
I've got a 3 ring binder with just printed out pages shoved in it and it's overflowing. I recently found a program called Paprika which is actually pretty cool. It has a built in browser so you can paste a webpage and it loads, then you can click a button that "saves" the recipe. I'm starting to try and build up mine with this, just dreading the day long chore it's gonna be to go through my binder and weed out what i want and don't want to import them.

So what's your method of organization? Word doc? OneNote? index cards?
>>
I store them in my brain

Jk I usually right them down on notecards or on text documetns on my compter
>>
>>7126132
www.google.com

ctrl-d
>>
i just run to google and look up whatever i'm trying to make. usually the most popular/highest-rated recipe on allrecipes.
>>
>>7126149
>>7126150

I get everything from Google too. But I love to have physical tangible copies because I always change stuff while making something.

And I loved Allrecipes until they absolutely fucked their design. They want to be Pintrest now and it looks like absolute shit.
>>
File: IMG_20151130_211709299.jpg (824KB, 2887x1624px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151130_211709299.jpg
824KB, 2887x1624px
heres a pic of all my recipes.
>>
>>7126158
>And I loved Allrecipes until they absolutely fucked their design.
Me too, it's terrible to try and use now that they fucked with the formatting.

I usually just google for recipe ideas and look at stuff with a high rating and high number of reviews, get an idea of the ingredients and roll with it. Sometimes I'll write down a recipe on a piece of paper if it has more shit than I can remember.
>>
File: shrugging bird.jpg (17KB, 280x224px) Image search: [Google]
shrugging bird.jpg
17KB, 280x224px
I need to actually start writing down my recipes because it's gotten to the point where I'm confidant enough to experiment so I usually just take a couple different recipes to pick what I like and combine them

Now I have thousands of bookmarks and no idea how I used half of them
>>
>>7126460
Exactly my problem! That's why I'm trying to use this new program to consolidate everything.

I always look up at least 5 different way to make something, then pick what's common with them all and read comments.

I also like "blog" type sites, like "I'm a country mom blah blah blah COOKING!" I know these are "real" people who actually do their shit.
>>
>>7126501
Me too plus they usually upload nice pictures of the final product
>>
I use evernote since I get almost all my recipes online.
If I do get one from someone or a book, I can just take a picture and evernote will store it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.